Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 11, 2013
7:57:46 AM
Wireless Receiver Won't Power On... All Lights Lit

Hi... I'm experiencing a new problem with one of my Wireless Receivers. It was intermittent before... and a reset or unplug power always fixed. Now the Cisco Wireless Receiver will not turn on with the power button. But all the LEDs on the front are hard lit (not blinking). The other Wireless Receiver is working just fine and never had to be reset at all. Anyone seen anything like this? Smiley Sad

Thanks!

Hi... I'm experiencing a new problem with one of my Wireless Receivers. It was intermittent before... and a reset or unplug power always fixed. Now the Cisco Wireless Receiver will not turn on with the power button. But all the LEDs on the front are hard lit (not blinking). The other Wireless Receiver is working just fine and never had to be reset at all. Anyone seen anything like this? Smiley Sad

Thanks!

Wireless Receiver Won't Power On... All Lights Lit

5 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 8:50:36 AM
(0)
Employee
You can try factory resetting the wireless receiver.

Depress POWER, OK, DOWN hold for 10 seconds, release POWER button continuing to hold OK ,DOWN buttons.
Front panels lights should blink 3 times, release both buttons.
A single gear with load followed by rwo gears then auto reboot. Give about 10 minutes. Hopefully will come either ON DEMAND screen orrequest to relink. After receiver is up, need to go to MENU, OPTIONS, TV RESOLUTION, to set aspect ratio.

If issue try a second time, if no success, need to call 1-800-288-2020 or chat for replacement receiver.
Options are ship new direct, return old by UPS at ATT expense for packing, shipping cost OR schedule 4 hour appointment window for tech visit to replace, set up, and take original receiver.

Best to you this holiday season.
You can try factory resetting the wireless receiver.

Depress POWER, OK, DOWN hold for 10 seconds, release POWER button continuing to hold OK ,DOWN buttons.
Front panels lights should blink 3 times, release both buttons.
A single gear with load followed by rwo gears then auto reboot. Give about 10 minutes. Hopefully will come either ON DEMAND screen orrequest to relink. After receiver is up, need to go to MENU, OPTIONS, TV RESOLUTION, to set aspect ratio.

If issue try a second time, if no success, need to call 1-800-288-2020 or chat for replacement receiver.
Options are ship new direct, return old by UPS at ATT expense for packing, shipping cost OR schedule 4 hour appointment window for tech visit to replace, set up, and take original receiver.

Best to you this holiday season.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Wireless Receiver Won't Power On... All Lights Lit

2 of 6 (8,028 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 2:00:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If the reset doesn't work and you are having a hard time with tech support.  Click the hyperlink in my sig for AT&T Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, and they can get this resolved for you.  Send thema PM with your info and the issue and someone will be in touch with you.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

If the reset doesn't work and you are having a hard time with tech support.  Click the hyperlink in my sig for AT&T Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, and they can get this resolved for you.  Send thema PM with your info and the issue and someone will be in touch with you.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (8,009 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 4:33:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks!!! The factory reset actually worked. Will have to keep an eye on this. 

Thanks!!! The factory reset actually worked. Will have to keep an eye on this. 

4 of 6 (8,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 4:35:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Thanks for posting your issue was resolved.  If you ever have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post them here in the forum.  There are plenty of people here who are ready, willing, and able to offer help in the form of information, suggestions, and resources.  Enjoy.

Thanks for posting your issue was resolved.  If you ever have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post them here in the forum.  There are plenty of people here who are ready, willing, and able to offer help in the form of information, suggestions, and resources.  Enjoy.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (7,998 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 7:23:11 PM
(0)
Employee
Good to hear problem resolved, if you do not mind would you be knd enough to mark post as resolved to assist others who may have same or similar issue. THANKS.
Good to hear problem resolved, if you do not mind would you be knd enough to mark post as resolved to assist others who may have same or similar issue. THANKS.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (7,984 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments