Wireless Receiver Question

Contributor

Wireless Receiver Question

Ordered two wireless receviers to replace wired boxes.   Needed for portability and rearranging of rooms.   I had a wireless receiver before when they first became available, and wasn't overly impressed.   But I'm hopeful they have improved and I won't have any problems.

Question is:   Will I be able to get good performance if the wireless receiver is inside a glass doored media cabinet, or should it be left on top?   Would rather put it inside if it will work well.

Message 1 of 2 (209 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Wireless Receiver Question

[ Edited ]

Wireless signals have to pass through materials to work ,the more obstacles, and the longer the distance can have an impact on performance. Best to ensure the Wireless Access Point is placed high as possible, at least 3 to 4 feet from RG, and ideally such that the signal does not have to pass through large metal objects such as refrigerator,micro wave, thick cement walls to reach receivers.

While the glass cabinet by itself should not be an issue as long as large enough to allow adequate air flow, if problems develop, my wish to try outside of cabinet. Personally recommend outside top of cabinet.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (187 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support