Wireless DVR SSID name

Contributor

Wireless DVR SSID name

I have a wireless DVR which automatically connects to my UVerse wireless router.  I installed an extender for better coverage which has another SSID name.  How can I change the SSID the wirless DVR connects to?

Message 1 of 5
Employee

Re: Wireless DVR SSID name

The wireless receiver is only designed to connect to the Uverse WAP.
If connection issues may need to move the WAP, longer ethernet cable.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Employee

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5
Employee

Wireless DVR? did i miss something here? have i been out of the uverse side that long not to know theyve rolled out the wirless DVR?

Employee Contributor*
Message 4 of 5
Employee

Many believe they have whole home dvr that every box is a DVR, when reality only one DVR rest receivers either wireless or hardwired.

I took OP post to be wireless receiver needing connection to WAP, OP was trying to install another AP behind RG, and that does not work needs connection to Uverse provided WAP hardwired to RG.

Now I did hear of testing a wireless DVR, but if lsb only or test market non aware, so slim possibility OP may have wireless DVR, but would still need connection to Uverse WAP not a purchased unit.
Employee Contributor*
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support