Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 23, 2014
11:38:30 AM
View profile
Wireless DVR SSID name

I have a wireless DVR which automatically connects to my UVerse wireless router.  I installed an extender for better coverage which has another SSID name.  How can I change the SSID the wirless DVR connects to?

I have a wireless DVR which automatically connects to my UVerse wireless router.  I installed an extender for better coverage which has another SSID name.  How can I change the SSID the wirless DVR connects to?

Wireless DVR SSID name

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 1:28:00 PM
(0)
Employee
The wireless receiver is only designed to connect to the Uverse WAP.
If connection issues may need to move the WAP, longer ethernet cable.
The wireless receiver is only designed to connect to the Uverse WAP.
If connection issues may need to move the WAP, longer ethernet cable.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Wireless DVR SSID name

2 of 5 (204 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 1:28:29 PM
(0)
Employee

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (202 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 3:08:44 PM
(0)
Employee

Wireless DVR? did i miss something here? have i been out of the uverse side that long not to know theyve rolled out the wirless DVR?

Wireless DVR? did i miss something here? have i been out of the uverse side that long not to know theyve rolled out the wirless DVR?

4 of 5 (187 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 5:40:50 PM
(0)
Employee
Many believe they have whole home dvr that every box is a DVR, when reality only one DVR rest receivers either wireless or hardwired.

I took OP post to be wireless receiver needing connection to WAP, OP was trying to install another AP behind RG, and that does not work needs connection to Uverse provided WAP hardwired to RG.

Now I did hear of testing a wireless DVR, but if lsb only or test market non aware, so slim possibility OP may have wireless DVR, but would still need connection to Uverse WAP not a purchased unit.
Many believe they have whole home dvr that every box is a DVR, when reality only one DVR rest receivers either wireless or hardwired.

I took OP post to be wireless receiver needing connection to WAP, OP was trying to install another AP behind RG, and that does not work needs connection to Uverse provided WAP hardwired to RG.

Now I did hear of testing a wireless DVR, but if lsb only or test market non aware, so slim possibility OP may have wireless DVR, but would still need connection to Uverse WAP not a purchased unit.

5 of 5 (172 Views)