Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 22, 2013
4:40:07 PM
View profile
Wireless DVR Problems

About a year and a half ago, we were upgraded to the wireless DVR. Since then it has never worked correctly. We've had a long list of problems that I've never been able to fix. If I pause a show, within two minutes, an error message appears saying that the box had to jump to live tv to free up space for a recording, even when nothing is recording. When this message appears, I have to restart the box to get a signal again. While trying to watch a recording a couple of things happen. Either the DVR says there is nothing on it or says it can't display the recordings. If the recordings show up, I can watch about 5 minutes before it backs me out to the menu and says there is nothing on the DVR. When this happens I have to restart the box. We have an old box in a different room and have never had any issues. Has anyone else had these problems and solved them. The only advice I've gotten from tech support is to restart the box, so anything new would be appreciated.

About a year and a half ago, we were upgraded to the wireless DVR. Since then it has never worked correctly. We've had a long list of problems that I've never been able to fix. If I pause a show, within two minutes, an error message appears saying that the box had to jump to live tv to free up space for a recording, even when nothing is recording. When this message appears, I have to restart the box to get a signal again. While trying to watch a recording a couple of things happen. Either the DVR says there is nothing on it or says it can't display the recordings. If the recordings show up, I can watch about 5 minutes before it backs me out to the menu and says there is nothing on the DVR. When this happens I have to restart the box. We have an old box in a different room and have never had any issues. Has anyone else had these problems and solved them. The only advice I've gotten from tech support is to restart the box, so anything new would be appreciated.

Wireless DVR Problems

6 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(6)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 4:59:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Mohawkfiddleman - Why did you upgrade to a wireless STB? Is it out of reach of a wire? The actual DVR is wired only. Is it connected COAX or cat5? Cat5 might solve the problem. Also, can you move the WAP to a location that provides a better signal or connect it with a cat5.

Last don/t just reboot the STB. Synch all your boxes as follows - remove power from RG, DVR, STB, WAP. Restore power to RG, wait for all green. Restore DVR power & wait for viewing. Restore WAP & STBs.

Please let me know if these help.
Mohawkfiddleman - Why did you upgrade to a wireless STB? Is it out of reach of a wire? The actual DVR is wired only. Is it connected COAX or cat5? Cat5 might solve the problem. Also, can you move the WAP to a location that provides a better signal or connect it with a cat5.

Last don/t just reboot the STB. Synch all your boxes as follows - remove power from RG, DVR, STB, WAP. Restore power to RG, wait for all green. Restore DVR power & wait for viewing. Restore WAP & STBs.

Please let me know if these help.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Wireless DVR Problems

2 of 7 (1,189 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 5:14:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm not sure why we upgraded. We had a guy come to house because we were getting about 25% speed on our internet, and he just installed the wireless box. That box that was replaced was orginally the Wired and the DVR, but now that is the other box. I don't know much about the system, my dad has been the one that handled set up, but I will show him these suggestions and hopefully it will fix it. Thanks

I'm not sure why we upgraded. We had a guy come to house because we were getting about 25% speed on our internet, and he just installed the wireless box. That box that was replaced was orginally the Wired and the DVR, but now that is the other box. I don't know much about the system, my dad has been the one that handled set up, but I will show him these suggestions and hopefully it will fix it. Thanks

3 of 7 (1,184 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 7:46:27 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello Mohawkfiddleman,

I'm sorry about the difficulties you are having with your wireless receiver. I would recommend performing the steps suggested by aviewer. If this does not help you, I can investigate your issue further. It seems the receiver is having trouble communicating with the DVR which holds the recordings you want to see. When the connection is interrupted, the wireless receiver does not see the DVR in your system and it is possible you have a defective WAP. I have sent you a private message in case you need more assistance after following those steps.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare    

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello Mohawkfiddleman,

I'm sorry about the difficulties you are having with your wireless receiver. I would recommend performing the steps suggested by aviewer. If this does not help you, I can investigate your issue further. It seems the receiver is having trouble communicating with the DVR which holds the recordings you want to see. When the connection is interrupted, the wireless receiver does not see the DVR in your system and it is possible you have a defective WAP. I have sent you a private message in case you need more assistance after following those steps.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare    

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 7 (1,141 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2013 8:09:44 PM
(0)
Contributor
We've tried rebooting the DVR several times to no avail. It first started with one wireless TV that wouldn't work now two do not work help.
We've tried rebooting the DVR several times to no avail. It first started with one wireless TV that wouldn't work now two do not work help.

5 of 7 (988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2013 8:22:50 PM
(0)
Employee
On wireless boxes what is strength of bars, if none or one suspect WAP is bad, if bars are good but no communication, replace the Ethernet cable between RG and WAP. If no lights on WAP check electrical outlet (plug a lamp into same spot) possibly flaky or bad power supply or cord.
On wireless boxes what is strength of bars, if none or one suspect WAP is bad, if bars are good but no communication, replace the Ethernet cable between RG and WAP. If no lights on WAP check electrical outlet (plug a lamp into same spot) possibly flaky or bad power supply or cord.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 7 (985 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2013 8:40:20 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello Rcpeters63,

Those are some excellent recommendations provided by Employee . If you continue to have trouble after checking these items, I can help you replace the WAP and ensure your Wireless Receivers are able to communicate within your network. I sent you a private message to discuss your account and assist you further.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello Rcpeters63,

Those are some excellent recommendations provided by Employee . If you continue to have trouble after checking these items, I can help you replace the WAP and ensure your Wireless Receivers are able to communicate within your network. I sent you a private message to discuss your account and assist you further.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 7 (963 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments