Wireless Boxes and their connection to the gateway.

Mentor

Wireless Boxes and their connection to the gateway.

I have 2 wireless boxes currently and one in particular is in my living room downstairs.  The NVG589 is upstairs on the opposite side of the house.  So, the sending unit is connected to the modem.  The box in my living room gets maybe 2 bars on the front and then sometimes dips to the red bars.  

In my master bedroom, which is directly above the living room, I have an ethernet port that I have a computer hooked up to.

So, my question is..  can I use an ethernet switch in the bedroom for my computer and the wireless sender unit for the boxes on that switch? Or does it have to be directly connected to the modem with no exceptions?

Message 1 of 2
Employee

Re: Wireless Boxes and their connection to the gateway.

it can go anywhere in the house as long as the ethernet from the modem makes it to the wap, and yes it will work through a switch

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support