Will those with FITL ever have U Verse?

Teacher

Will those with FITL ever have U Verse?

I've been with AT&T since my house was built in 2006 on 6 meg DSL. I'm having slow downs at peak times and finding that 6 megs no longer cuts it. Is AT&T planning anything for those on the FITL systems? Are we being written off? Thank you for any info on this topic.
Message 1 of 26 (1,366 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Will those with FITL ever have U Verse?

@SadathCS , I think slowaccess is looking for you. Smiley Wink

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 26 (970 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

[ Edited ]

JefferMC,

While customer service here is lacking I did manage to hear back from Mediacom the other day. Thankfully they plan to have our area wired in the next year so I can be rid of AT&T for good. I look forward to that day! AT&T has had no answers for those stuck on FITL for years.

Message 17 of 26 (965 Views)
Community Support

Thank you ACE - Master

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out here in the Forums by sending us a Private Message or checking out our Chat Support.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 26 (954 Views)
Teacher

ATTU-verseCare wrote:

Thank you ACE - MasterJefferMC

slowaccess , An address validation is not something that is completed immediately. The equipment in the field along with routing and inventory of facilities are researched and if anything is missing to be able to provide you service, the Construction and Engineering team gets involved to find out what work is necessary to continue with a path to make U-verse service available. This includes planning and local city permits to be able to continue. Since your address is currently not available for service the steps previously described apply. Until this is complete I can provide you a definitive answer.  I'm sorry if this process has inconvenienced you and I can assure you our teams are striving to find out if services will be available in your area. Since the investigation is not complete, we have no information to update you with. I  will gladly update you as soon as more information is available.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

SadathCS,

I realize that you are saying that this takes time, but this has now been ongoing for over a month. At this point if there is no information it leads me to believe that the ball has been dropped.

Message 19 of 26 (816 Views)
Teacher

It should not take this freaking long to get an answer! I want this issue escalated to management.

Message 20 of 26 (685 Views)
Tutor

Believe me when I say you do not want Uverse!!! I have been an AT&T customer for a long time, and ALL of my problems started when I switched to Uverse. You think you have it bad now, wait until you have to call in every single month because you are overbilled. It is a complete nightmare!!!!

Message 21 of 26 (687 Views)
Employee

Hello slowaccess,

I understand it has been a long process to determine if U-verse service is available for your area and I apologize about this. It has been confirmed U-verse service is not available for your area at this time and the plans to expand service for your existing network are not available. We appreciate your patience and interest in U-verse service and we hope to make it available in the near future.

Regards,

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 22 of 26 (672 Views)
Employee

So the answer is no to upgrade area within Project VIP 2013 to end of 2015).
Want faster internet? Want it now? ATT does have a solution....

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/internethomephone.html
Employee Contributor*
Message 23 of 26 (655 Views)
Teacher

The solution you proposed is a joke and no replacement for wired internet. So the answer is no to me continuing to use AT&T once Mediacom finishes their planned build out. I just ported out my Wireless service to another company and my home internet will follow the day cable is available. I for one will never use AT&T again and I will actively suggest others do the same. This is what happens when you're too cheap to invest where needed.
Message 24 of 26 (643 Views)
ACE - Expert

slowaccess wrote:
The solution you proposed is a joke and no replacement for wired internet. ...

I don't know about that.  My daughter's option for wired Internet is U-verse ADSL2+.  She gets a whopping 756 kpbs down.  Wireless 4G access would blow that pathetic wired access out of the water.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 25 of 26 (624 Views)
Teacher

JefferMC wrote:

slowaccess wrote:
The solution you proposed is a joke and no replacement for wired internet. ...

I don't know about that.  My daughter's option for wired Internet is U-verse ADSL2+.  She gets a whopping 756 kpbs down.  Wireless 4G access would blow that pathetic wired access out of the water.

It is not a viable replacement for wired internet. Look at the data caps! 10 GB for $60!!! It's not happening. Anyway, I'm done with this topic and done with AT&T so an admin can delete it or lock it.

Message 26 of 26 (616 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.