Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 9, 2013
4:06:52 PM
View profile
Will there be an app for XBox One like there is for the XBox 360?

I currently use my XBox 360 as a receiver for u-verse and want to know if I'll be able to use the XBox One in the same way.  I know it has an HDMI passthrough as well as an IR blaster to control the box, but I think an app will provide a much better user experience.

I would hate to get hooked on the other video service apps and cancel my U-Verse TV service.

I currently use my XBox 360 as a receiver for u-verse and want to know if I'll be able to use the XBox One in the same way.  I know it has an HDMI passthrough as well as an IR blaster to control the box, but I think an app will provide a much better user experience.

I would hate to get hooked on the other video service apps and cancel my U-Verse TV service.

Will there be an app for XBox One like there is for the XBox 360?

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2013 8:27:14 PM
(0)
Employee
Att has currently suspended the xbox 360 conversion kits, if and when they become available again is unknown.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB408692&cv=813
Att has currently suspended the xbox 360 conversion kits, if and when they become available again is unknown.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB408692&cv=813
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Will there be an app for XBox One like there is for the XBox 360?

2 of 11 (6,957 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2013 12:39:39 PM
(0)
Tutor

That's for the XBox 360.  I'm asking about the new XBox One....

That's for the XBox 360.  I'm asking about the new XBox One....

3 of 11 (6,913 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2013 3:23:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

I agree with the original poster.  I want to know the answer for the Xbox One, not the Xbox 360.

I agree with the original poster.  I want to know the answer for the Xbox One, not the Xbox 360.

4 of 11 (6,652 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 8:50:18 AM
(0)
Mentor

I currently have the Xbox 360 and I am using it as one of my set top boxes to save the 7 dollar a month fee. Has there been any talk of U-Verse having integration with the Xbox One?   I know you can pass through any cable box set top box with Xbox One to get integration but that would still require you to have a set top box.  I was hoping that the Xbox One itself could still be used as a Set Top Box with a U-Verse app.  

I currently have the Xbox 360 and I am using it as one of my set top boxes to save the 7 dollar a month fee. Has there been any talk of U-Verse having integration with the Xbox One?   I know you can pass through any cable box set top box with Xbox One to get integration but that would still require you to have a set top box.  I was hoping that the Xbox One itself could still be used as a Set Top Box with a U-Verse app.  

Xbox One Integration??

5 of 11 (6,472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 12:59:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

No word on any form of STB integration but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. Microsoft sold the Mediaroom team to Motorola recently (the guys who make Windows Media Center and the U-verse platform) so having them integrate with the Xbox One as a direct STB is slim.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

No word on any form of STB integration but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. Microsoft sold the Mediaroom team to Motorola recently (the guys who make Windows Media Center and the U-verse platform) so having them integrate with the Xbox One as a direct STB is slim.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Xbox One Integration??

6 of 11 (6,379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2013 4:04:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

According to what I just read the only TV service at launch will be Verizon FIOS.  There are plans to have the other 3 brought back but there is no date that I could find.  I guess i'll be waiting to upgrade.

According to what I just read the only TV service at launch will be Verizon FIOS.  There are plans to have the other 3 brought back but there is no date that I could find.  I guess i'll be waiting to upgrade.

7 of 11 (6,422 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2013 11:39:45 PM
(0)
Contributor
Very frustrating. How is it that Netflix and Hulu have working apps at launch but Uverse doesn't? Sucks. Using a STB is not a solution I will consider.
Very frustrating. How is it that Netflix and Hulu have working apps at launch but Uverse doesn't? Sucks. Using a STB is not a solution I will consider.

8 of 11 (5,776 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2013 12:32:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

Bad News!  Just received this today.

AT&T
Important account information

Dear Valued U-verse® member,

We are writing to share important information regarding your Xbox 360®

We will be discontinuing the Xbox 360 as a supported U-verse receiver after December 31, 2013

A previous communication referenced that you would need to purchase an Xbox 360 Gold membership for your Xbox 360 to work with U-verse service. We were planning to issue a $60 bill credit to cover that cost. We will now be issuing a $99 bill credit, which includes the $60, on your U-verse bill within one to two billing cycles. 

If you would like to order an additional receiver to replace your Xbox please visit att.com/myattor call us at 800.288.2020 for assistance. 

We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thank you for being a valued U-verse member. 

Sincerely, 

Your AT&T U-verse Team
© 2013. AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T and the AT&T logo are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property. Xbox 360 is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. 

Privacy Policy

Bad News!  Just received this today.

AT&T
Important account information

Dear Valued U-verse® member,

We are writing to share important information regarding your Xbox 360®

We will be discontinuing the Xbox 360 as a supported U-verse receiver after December 31, 2013

A previous communication referenced that you would need to purchase an Xbox 360 Gold membership for your Xbox 360 to work with U-verse service. We were planning to issue a $60 bill credit to cover that cost. We will now be issuing a $99 bill credit, which includes the $60, on your U-verse bill within one to two billing cycles. 

If you would like to order an additional receiver to replace your Xbox please visit att.com/myattor call us at 800.288.2020 for assistance. 

We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thank you for being a valued U-verse member. 

Sincerely, 

Your AT&T U-verse Team
© 2013. AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T and the AT&T logo are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property. Xbox 360 is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. 

Privacy Policy

9 of 11 (5,707 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2013 7:38:39 AM
(0)
Tutor
horrible move on AT&T"s part without some level of explanation as to why they're doing it and what plans they have going forward. I refuse to rent more boxes from them and may simply switch providers again.
horrible move on AT&T"s part without some level of explanation as to why they're doing it and what plans they have going forward. I refuse to rent more boxes from them and may simply switch providers again.

10 of 11 (5,593 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2013 8:00:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Nov 26, 2013 at 8:01:23 AM

AT&T doesn't seem to do well with communication sometimes.  Ironic for a communications company.

My take on this is that the initial MediaRoom implementation for the Xbox 360 is no longer something Microsoft is interested in supporting/maintaining.  It has been about a year since the last major activity here, and AT&T suspended new installations of U-verse client for Xbox 360 around that time.  I'm sure the purchase of MediaRoom by Ericsson earlier this year cloudied the waters and made it tough for AT&T to see what their options were going to be.

Perhaps AT&T has some plans for the new Xbox One platform, but Microsoft's exit from Mediaroom makes that a much less obvious proposition.

AT&T doesn't seem to do well with communication sometimes.  Ironic for a communications company.

My take on this is that the initial MediaRoom implementation for the Xbox 360 is no longer something Microsoft is interested in supporting/maintaining.  It has been about a year since the last major activity here, and AT&T suspended new installations of U-verse client for Xbox 360 around that time.  I'm sure the purchase of MediaRoom by Ericsson earlier this year cloudied the waters and made it tough for AT&T to see what their options were going to be.

Perhaps AT&T has some plans for the new Xbox One platform, but Microsoft's exit from Mediaroom makes that a much less obvious proposition.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
11 of 11 (5,589 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments