Why is there a bill pay reminder on my TV screen for ALL to see??

Tutor

Why is there a bill pay reminder on my TV screen for ALL to see??

Message 1 of 6 (807 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Why is there a bill pay reminder on my TV screen for ALL to see??

I don't know, I've never seen one of them, and I don't see it as an option on your bill reminder notification options in the profile.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (765 Views)
ACE - Master

The only thing I've seen is one of the little notes that appears when it goes to the blue screen saver and it was a generic "If you want to pay your bill online go to www.att.com/bill".  Nothing personalized or specific to my account.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6 (753 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

Hey Skeeter - Good catch - Kudos to you. I thought the reminders were another one of those things that at&t did just because they could. No useful value. More ugly fluff. Nobody will read them when everything is working OK. When there is a problem people want specific answers, not platitudes. But, it is not just junk. It can hurt someone.

Poor person cannot keep up with their bills & at&t is putting it on their TV screen. The law of unintended consequences.

You would think that at&t would apply resources towards something that people have specified they would really appreciate instead of something no one would ever see if the STB always woke up with the TV.

Message 4 of 6 (743 Views)
ACE - Master

aviewer wrote:

Hey Skeeter - Good catch - Kudos to you. I thought the reminders were another one of those things that at&t did just because they could. No useful value. More ugly fluff. Nobody will read them when everything is working OK. When there is a problem people want specific answers, not platitudes. But, it is not just junk. It can hurt someone.

Poor person cannot keep up with their bills & at&t is putting it on their TV screen. The law of unintended consequences.

You would think that at&t would apply resources towards something that people have specified they would really appreciate instead of something no one would ever see if the STB always woke up with the TV.

I occasionally glance at those silly little 'notes' in hopes that it will say "Be the first to confirm this message and will a million dollars!"  Smiley Surprised

Yeah....haven't seen that one yet.  Smiley Mad

Message 5 of 6 (724 Views)
ACE - Expert

Reminds me of the good old 50s when TV was spreading. A guy got a UHF station license (strike 2) in Bridgeport. Strike one was Bridgeport viewers could get good reception from New York on VHF. So, the new Bridgeport station had non-competitive content on a band that TVs could not receive. You needed a converter box. He aimed a camera at a sign that said- Call me about this sign & I will give you $100 ( real 1950s dollars). He did not have to reach in his pocket.

On the other hand, the guy in New Haven got rich with a VHF channel in an area that was borderline NYC reception. His channel was strong enough to over ride the NYC station on the same network. I often see an heir driving by in his BMW with the license plate - TV.
Message 6 of 6 (713 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.