Why is Uverse channel 754 being blocked in the Oklahoma City area?

Contributor

Why is Uverse channel 754 being blocked in the Oklahoma City area?

Appears Fox Sports SW (Uverse channel 754) is being blocked in the Oklahoma City area, at least during Thunder basketball games.  Anyone know why?

Message 1 of 8 (836 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Why is Uverse channel 754 being blocked in the Oklahoma City area?

[ Edited ]

dan_choctaw wrote:

Appears Fox Sports SW (Uverse channel 754) is being blocked in the Oklahoma City area, at least during Thunder basketball games.  Anyone know why?

There is a site where you can put in your zip code to see which teams you can watch on your Regional Sports Network. I would ask that someone please supply that site.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8 (809 Views)
ACE - Expert

http://www.att.com/gen/sites/iptv?pid=13716 Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8 (779 Views)

753 is Fox Sports SW, that's the channel you should be tuning to. 754 is an overflow channel

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 8 (742 Views)
ACE - Master

I put in a random OKC zipcode, 73089:

The Zip Code 73089 is the home team territory for the following pro teams:

With the U100 Package and above:

FSN Southwest (Ch.753-756 SD / Ch.1753-1756 HD)
- NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder 
- MLB: Rangers 

FSN Southwest (Ch.753-756 SD / Ch.1753-1756 HD)
- NHL: Stars 

Now if the Thunder were supposed to be on 754 but were not that'd be an issue.  I'd try the other channels, 753, 755 and 756.

Message 5 of 8 (707 Views)

The only other reason I can think of is if the game were televised on TNT, TBS or NBA Channel, then the local feed would not show the game.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 6 of 8 (682 Views)
Highlighted

oufanindallas wrote:

The only other reason I can think of is if the game were televised on TNT, TBS or NBA Channel, then the local feed would not show the game.

Is this happening to all Thunder games, or just home games?  I remember a time when my local cable company had to black out a TBS broadcast of a Hawks-Warriors game being played in Oakland because San Francisco's RSN was also carrying it (although the fact that Warriors home games on the RSN were scrambled and required an extra $10/month might have had something to do with it), but if the game was in Atlanta and a local broadcast station in SF was carrying it, they didn't black out the TBS broadcast.

Message 7 of 8 (664 Views)
Teacher

mibrnsurg wrote:

http://www.att.com/gen/sites/iptv?pid=13716 Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

That website it woefully out of date. For someone like me in San Diego County (92081) it still lists the Lakers on Fox Sports West, and makes no mention of Time Warner Cable Sports Net, Fox Sports San Diego, or the San Diego Padres. Also, Fox Sports Prime Ticket is obsolete now in San Diego as its NBA and NHL games are broadcast on Fox Sports San Diego and blacked out on Prime Ticket.

Message 8 of 8 (651 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.