Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 7, 2013
8:13:54 AM
View profile
Why is Palladia channel only available on HD Premium Tier?

I recently switched to U-verse from Comcast.  On Comcast the Palladia HD channel was part of my regular package.  I watched it quite alot.  Having U450, I thought I would be getting all channels.

I recently switched to U-verse from Comcast.  On Comcast the Palladia HD channel was part of my regular package.  I watched it quite alot.  Having U450, I thought I would be getting all channels.

Why is Palladia channel only available on HD Premium Tier?

9 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2013 8:24:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I'm going to guess it's in the premium tier due to what Palladia wanted to charge AT&T to carry it so all could access it, so AT&T put in a separate tier so those that wanted it could pay the additional to get it plus other channels like NFL Red Zone, Sony Movie channel, etc.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I'm going to guess it's in the premium tier due to what Palladia wanted to charge AT&T to carry it so all could access it, so AT&T put in a separate tier so those that wanted it could pay the additional to get it plus other channels like NFL Red Zone, Sony Movie channel, etc.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why is Palladia channel only available on HD Premium Tier?

2 of 10 (2,856 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2013 6:30:10 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi magnug,

We apologize for the inconveniences. When it comes to bundling packages, we take many things into consideration when it comes to creating our bundles to give as many people the channels they want, while keeping it at a price that everyone is comfortable with. With the HD Premium Tier channels, we did not want to add it into one of our preset packages, so that the cost of these packages can stay as low as possible, but if they were interested in those channels, they could obtain them by getting this package.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi magnug,

We apologize for the inconveniences. When it comes to bundling packages, we take many things into consideration when it comes to creating our bundles to give as many people the channels they want, while keeping it at a price that everyone is comfortable with. With the HD Premium Tier channels, we did not want to add it into one of our preset packages, so that the cost of these packages can stay as low as possible, but if they were interested in those channels, they could obtain them by getting this package.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 10 (2,856 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 7:21:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

What I don't understand is that I always received Palladia (I have U300) and now all of a sudden I don't receive it. I use to be able to record the concerts also.

What I don't understand is that I always received Palladia (I have U300) and now all of a sudden I don't receive it. I use to be able to record the concerts also.

4 of 10 (2,545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2013 8:40:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Nov 30, 2013 at 8:40:52 AM

Helmant wrote:

It's been an HD Premium Tier channel for as long as I can remember.  If you had it before, you were benefiting from a glitch in the system.  U-450 alone doesn't get it.  You have to have the extra "HD Premium Tier"

Helmant wrote:

It's been an HD Premium Tier channel for as long as I can remember.  If you had it before, you were benefiting from a glitch in the system.  U-450 alone doesn't get it.  You have to have the extra "HD Premium Tier"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
5 of 10 (2,526 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2013 9:04:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

Helmant wrote:

I've always had U-300 (7+ years) and if I ever had Palladia, I don't remember (I'm old...be nice).   Premium Tier is different than paying $10mth HD fee.

The AT&T U-verse HD Premium Tier Includes the following Premium HD channels: Halogen TV HD, MGM HD, Palladia HD, Smithsonian Channel HD, ShortsHD, HDNet Movies, World Fishing Network HD, Sony Movie Channel, FUNimation HD and NFL RedZone HD (seasonal). Also includes up to 13 Regional Sports Network HD channels. Requires a subscription to AT&T U-verse HDTV Service – HD Technology Fee for $10.00/month.

JefferMC wrote:

Helmant wrote:

I've always had U-300 (7+ years) and if I ever had Palladia, I don't remember (I'm old...be nice).   Premium Tier is different than paying $10mth HD fee.

The AT&T U-verse HD Premium Tier Includes the following Premium HD channels: Halogen TV HD, MGM HD, Palladia HD, Smithsonian Channel HD, ShortsHD, HDNet Movies, World Fishing Network HD, Sony Movie Channel, FUNimation HD and NFL RedZone HD (seasonal). Also includes up to 13 Regional Sports Network HD channels. Requires a subscription to AT&T U-verse HDTV Service – HD Technology Fee for $10.00/month.

6 of 10 (2,521 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2013 9:15:20 AM
(0)
Expert

Helmant wrote:

As others have stated, Palladia has never been a part of the U300 package.

Helmant wrote:

As others have stated, Palladia has never been a part of the U300 package.

7 of 10 (2,515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 10:34:54 AM
(0)
Contributor

So, I just signed up for an extra $7 a month for Palladia to find out I can't record from this station anymore?  Come on AT&T!  You are nickel and diming us to death with these charges!!  Get your contract negotiators on the stick to get this resolved.  Add this station back to the U300 or U450 package and allow us to record.  Is this 1995 again?  

So, I just signed up for an extra $7 a month for Palladia to find out I can't record from this station anymore?  Come on AT&T!  You are nickel and diming us to death with these charges!!  Get your contract negotiators on the stick to get this resolved.  Add this station back to the U300 or U450 package and allow us to record.  Is this 1995 again?  

8 of 10 (1,906 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 12:09:08 PM
(0)
Scholar

I record Palladia all the time. Just watched a McCartney show recorded last Sunday

I record Palladia all the time. Just watched a McCartney show recorded last Sunday

9 of 10 (1,879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 12:19:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
I noticed other cases where I was not subscribed to a channel - it used the "cannot record" error message instead of the root cause message - "not subscribed" message when I tried to record from the guide.

beatfan4 confirms that recording is possible when subscribed.

LAhrens says he is subscribed, but maybe it did not take effect. Can you view current show??
I noticed other cases where I was not subscribed to a channel - it used the "cannot record" error message instead of the root cause message - "not subscribed" message when I tried to record from the guide.

beatfan4 confirms that recording is possible when subscribed.

LAhrens says he is subscribed, but maybe it did not take effect. Can you view current show??

10 of 10 (1,877 Views)