Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jul 27, 2013
8:06:50 PM
View profile
Why has my phone been disconnected without my permission or knowledge?

AT&T  just notified me by U.S. Mail that phone service to a property that I own was disconnected on July 12, 2013.  I got the letter at around 5:45 this evening.   Opened it after dinner and guess what?   No one at the phone company will answer their phone.   The service was cut off without my permission or knowledge, even though there was no balance owed on the account and no other reason.   Just cut off.   Just like that.   No one will answer the phone at AT&T so that I can let them know of this error.   They have no email address, either.   Guess that I will just have to pay Randall a personal visit to let him know how his company is doing in the customer no service area.   Seems that there is no one at AT&T  that gives a hoot about customer care anymore.  Service is down the toilet.   "non-existant" would be more than gracious in describing AT&T's level of "customer care".  Abyssmal.  

AT&T  just notified me by U.S. Mail that phone service to a property that I own was disconnected on July 12, 2013.  I got the letter at around 5:45 this evening.   Opened it after dinner and guess what?   No one at the phone company will answer their phone.   The service was cut off without my permission or knowledge, even though there was no balance owed on the account and no other reason.   Just cut off.   Just like that.   No one will answer the phone at AT&T so that I can let them know of this error.   They have no email address, either.   Guess that I will just have to pay Randall a personal visit to let him know how his company is doing in the customer no service area.   Seems that there is no one at AT&T  that gives a hoot about customer care anymore.  Service is down the toilet.   "non-existant" would be more than gracious in describing AT&T's level of "customer care".  Abyssmal.  

Why has my phone been disconnected without my permission or knowledge?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 3:20:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

wnettles wrote:

Unfortunately, a Saturday evening isn't the best time to talk to customer service with any company. You should try again during normal business hours.

Alternatively, you can send a private message to https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773 and someone will contact you.

wnettles wrote:

Unfortunately, a Saturday evening isn't the best time to talk to customer service with any company. You should try again during normal business hours.

Alternatively, you can send a private message to https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773 and someone will contact you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why has my phone been disconnected without my permission or knowledge?

2 of 3 (761 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 9:31:15 AM
(0)
Scholar

I almost had a similar situation with AT&T. I received three e-mails in one day informing me of a pending change to my current service. I called customer service and what a waste of time that was. So I called the executive office in Dallas and a person was assigned to my case. It turns out that someone entered an order to cancel my phone service without my knowledge. I was able to get this order cancelled but after two weeks AT&T still does not know who entered this order or what company my service was being transferred to. With today's technology they should be able to get this info and prevent it from happening to other customers in the future.

I almost had a similar situation with AT&T. I received three e-mails in one day informing me of a pending change to my current service. I called customer service and what a waste of time that was. So I called the executive office in Dallas and a person was assigned to my case. It turns out that someone entered an order to cancel my phone service without my knowledge. I was able to get this order cancelled but after two weeks AT&T still does not know who entered this order or what company my service was being transferred to. With today's technology they should be able to get this info and prevent it from happening to other customers in the future.

Re: Why has my phone been disconnected without my permission or knowledge?

3 of 3 (705 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments