Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 24, 2013
9:57:57 PM
Why don't they have a remote control app

Why don't they have a remote control android app so I can control uverse from my android smart phone? My remote is dead and customer service is not sendiong one out until 09/03. If I could control uverse with the app the wait whould not be so bad but as it is the only way I can change channels is to go to the set top box and go through them one at a time and I have no access to any recorded content. The message is if your remote goes bad your screwed and customer service will not respond very quickly to getting you a new one. It seems to me that one of the repair guys could just leave one at my door.

Why don't they have a remote control android app so I can control uverse from my android smart phone? My remote is dead and customer service is not sendiong one out until 09/03. If I could control uverse with the app the wait whould not be so bad but as it is the only way I can change channels is to go to the set top box and go through them one at a time and I have no access to any recorded content. The message is if your remote goes bad your screwed and customer service will not respond very quickly to getting you a new one. It seems to me that one of the repair guys could just leave one at my door.

Why don't they have a remote control app

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 4:44:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Here ya go!!  http://uverseonline.att.net/uverse/uverse-mobile-app

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why don't they have a remote control app

2 of 6 (500 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 5:00:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
scottshiv -
Here is another possibility - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buddytv.android

It is best choice on the IOS side.
scottshiv -
Here is another possibility - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buddytv.android

It is best choice on the IOS side.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (494 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 7:42:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

buddy.tv cannot use the IP interface on the Android version, only the iOS version.

buddy.tv cannot use the IP interface on the Android version, only the iOS version.

4 of 6 (353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 8:58:53 AM
(0)
Scholar

The android phone should have an application pre installed called watch on.  It can be set up and used as a remote for your tv.  Or go to the google play store and search for a application called smart remote and download it to your phone or tablet.  I like that one better then watch on.  They both control the uverse box.

The android phone should have an application pre installed called watch on.  It can be set up and used as a remote for your tv.  Or go to the google play store and search for a application called smart remote and download it to your phone or tablet.  I like that one better then watch on.  They both control the uverse box.

5 of 6 (302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 1:55:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

db821arc wrote:

If your smartphone has IR functionality, right?

db821arc wrote:

If your smartphone has IR functionality, right?

6 of 6 (263 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments