Why does the weather app interfere with playback of record Weather Channel shows?

Why does the weather app interfere with playback of record Weather Channel shows?

I record Prospectors and a few other shows, but now I can'y play them back. The weather app shows up and the recording goes to blue screen.  Grrrrrr.....

Message 1 of 30 (1,382 Views)
Contributor

Re: Why does the weather app interfere with playback of record Weather Channel shows?

I have identified another bug in this upgraded weather channel software.

Weather Channel Interactive Software bug. After 1225 is selected a pop-up message appears "PRESS OK TO GO INTERACTIVE." After this appears it is imossible use the DIRECT INPUT of another channel. It freezes up and will not change from the weather  channel. I am using TV Client Version 2.2.28163.10 RELEASE. Please advise. Have rebooted main modem and all individual receivers. NO LUCK.

I'll try to dupicate you problem!

Message 2 of 30 (1,354 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Why does the weather app interfere with playback of record Weather Channel shows?

Go to the "Total Home DVR" forum and look for the similar thread. AT&T Customer Care (not the regular folks on the phone, but advanced tech gurus) are working on a fix! Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 30 (1,343 Views)
ACE - Professor

Update: The fix should be implemented. If anyone is still having issues, reboot all your U-Verse equipment.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 30 (1,266 Views)
Contributor

I am having the same problem. Where upon tuning to TWC the receiver ignores direct channel input from the remote as well as the "last" button. The only way possible to tune away from the weather channel is to use the channel up/down button to leave the weather channel then proceed as normal.

The problem here is, that since the "last" button doesn't work after tuning to the weather channe for more than a few seconds, you can bounce between the weather channel and another channel.

I loathe you weather channel app! #%#@Q$##%$ loathe you.

Message 5 of 30 (1,182 Views)
ACE - Expert

Nobody_delivers - Try the EXIT button. It's full name is Exit to TV`. It will go to the last channel before you hit the interactive button.
Message 6 of 30 (1,181 Views)
ACE - Expert

I think this second issue (can't direct tune/last away from the TWC app) may have gotten overlooked in the push to fix the first bug (can't playback recordings of the TWC channel).

@ATTU-verseCare , just making sure that this is known.  It may be a case of "works as designed," but thought I'd raise the flag here.

Message 7 of 30 (1,135 Views)
Community Support

Hi JefferMC,

Thank you for pointing that out to us. I am not sure if it was intended to work like this, but I will look into this for you, and I will update this thread once I receive more information.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 30 (1,099 Views)
Community Support

Hi,

I have spoken with my team regarding The Weather Channel not allowing to tune away once the app is loaded. It is a designed feature implemented on all interactive apps. To get out of the app, just press the 'Exit to TV' button, and it will allow for all features to work once again.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 30 (1,094 Views)
ACE - Expert

-David T - There are two cases. This one is accessing via Go Interactive.
This one is accessing by channel number (1225) entry -
They function differently between the two and depending on how long tuned and what is displayed on the screen (I believe there are three variations)
http://forums.att.com/t5/Total-Home-DVR/Weather-channel-playback-stops-after-9-seconds/m-p/3865881#M...
Message 10 of 30 (1,092 Views)
Community Support

Hi aviewer,

I brought that up to them, and they informed me it is working as designed. When tuned into 225/1225, after a few seconds, you can see a change and the app working in the background. Once that happens, in order to navigate once again, you need to press the 'Exit to TV' button.

-David T

Employee Contributor*
Message 11 of 30 (1,083 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

-David T - If 'Exit to TV' button worked, I would be happy. When tuned to 1225 directly, the 'Exit to TV' button blinks the green light, but does not change the channel.

So, I tried the direct number entry, while on 1225,  & it displays the numbers & change the channel. The picture format was pretty stable (did not change) & it may be different when the picture format is different.

Message 12 of 30 (1,081 Views)
Community Support

Hi aviewer,

Sorry for the confusion caused by my instructions. When you press the 'Exit to TV' button, it is not suppose to change the channel. It is suppose to give you the option to change the channel, but if you wait too long, the interactive app launches again, and you will have to press the 'Exit to TV' button once again.

Hope this clarifies everything.

If it does not work this way for you, try power cycling the receiver.

-David T

Employee Contributor*
Message 13 of 30 (1,079 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

-David T - That is convoluted, but does explain the issue. Although, I am not yet convinced that 1225 functions the same on every display format.

I never, ever have to press channel numbers after exit to TV to get to the last channel.

This logic says - When on 1225 it is treated as TV. When pressing the exit button it just stays there because 1225 is the last channel.

I can enter a different channel number, without exit first. No need to enter exit because it is already in TV mode.

But, when in the app mode exit to TV is required to get out of app mode & the last channel is not 1225, except for the one case when watching 1225 and pressing go interactive leads to the app. Pressing exit would then return to 1225.

I am used to the recording software acting more like a channel. I guess we cannot expect the app to work more like a channel. That may be one reason that I never use it.

So, I wanted to check the other formats - When I changed to 1225 it was in the same format & the channel entry worked. After waiting a while, when the format changed, it would not apply numbers ( the green liight blinks).

So, I guess the rule is if the channel number entry does not work, hit the exit button.

Better - When TV channel 1225 auto-switches to app mode, display  - Press Exit to TV to change channel - At the top of the screen, where it is not obscured by data/info

Message 14 of 30 (1,075 Views)
Community Support

aviewer wrote:

So, I guess the rule is if the channel number entry does not work, hit the exit button.

Better - When TV channel 1225 auto-switches to app mode, display  - Press Exit to TV to change channel - At the top of the screen, where it is not obscured by data/info

That is absolutely right. I think that is the simplest way to put it.

Employee Contributor*
Message 15 of 30 (1,059 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.