Why does my picture freeze and at times break up

Highlighted
Contributor

Why does my picture freeze and at times break up

I just went over to U-Verse because of My Dish freezing and breaking up, now I have it with U-Verse, why is this? Not to happy

Message 1 of 6 (2,246 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Why does my picture freeze and at times break up

Stand by and one of the community managers will stop in and they can run a test on your line and or equipment to see if they see any issues and then take appropriate action as needed.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (2,246 Views)
Employee

Hello rupe1234sbcglobal.net, I'm sorry about the picture freezing you are experiencing with your service. Since you were having the same trouble with another provider it is very possible your inside wiring is defective. I will perform the necessary tests to confirm if this is the source of trouble and will send you a private message to discuss the results and solution. Smiley Wink

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6 (2,246 Views)
Contributor

I am a new U-Verse subscriber and my picture freezes every 10 minutes or so. Please advise.

Message 4 of 6 (2,199 Views)

dougyael wrote:

I am a new U-Verse subscriber and my picture freezes every 10 minutes or so. Please advise.

Are you coax or cat5?  If coax, make sure ALL connections are one turn past hand tight, wall to DVR/STB, if they are a little loose it can cause this issue.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 5 of 6 (2,196 Views)
Community Support

Hello dougyael,

Welcome to the U-verse community forums! Hopefully, the advice that oufanindallas helped fix the issue. We noticed the most common issues with the picture breaking when a customer has coax is that it is just loose. If you are still having issues, let us know clicking here to send us a message. Be sure to include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you, and we would be glad to reach out to you to get this resolved.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6 (2,180 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.