Ask a question

Posted Dec 6, 2013
    8:57:59 PM
    View profile
    Why does Weather on Demand completely fail to forecast wind speed and direction?

Why does Weather on Demand completely fail to forecast wind speed and direction? Neither the hourly forecast or the 10 day forecast shows this?

Why does Weather on Demand completely fail to forecast wind speed and direction?

12 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (12)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 7, 2013 7:26:07 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    Edited by skeeterintexas on Dec 7, 2013 at 7:40:17 AM

Weather on Demand is provided by AccuWeather.  All forecasts are made by Accuweather and NOT ATT.  Smiley Frustrated

Any concerns or complaints should be addressed to Accuweather

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why does Weather on Demand completely fail to forecast wind speed and direction?

[ Edited ]
    2 of 13 (367 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 7, 2013 8:22:48 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

I didn't know that they forecasted wind speed and direction. Predicting wind speed and direction is a lot like guessing the launch codes to a neuclear missle. Sure, you can figure it out eventuially but you'll most likely be wrong.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
    PSN: americangame
    Steam:americangame
    When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

does Weather on Demand completely fail to forecast wind speed and direction?

3 of 13 (340 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 7, 2013 8:43:00 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    Edited by skeeterintexas on Dec 7, 2013 at 8:45:07 AM

americangame wrote:

I didn't know that they forecasted wind speed and direction. Predicting wind speed and direction is a lot like guessing the launch codes to a neuclear missle. Sure, you can figure it out eventuially but you'll most likely be wrong.

Our local meteorologists forecast wind speed & direction but you're right...it's pretty much a cr@p shoot.

Re: does Weather on Demand completely fail to forecast wind speed and direction?

[ Edited ]
    4 of 13 (337 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 7, 2013 8:56:53 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Data for Weather on Demand is provided by Accuweather. They told me essentally that they provide the data and it is up to ATT as to how and what is displayed.

Re: Why does Weather on Demand completely fail to forecast wind speed and direction?

5 of 13 (333 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 7, 2013 9:20:48 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

happyinict wrote:
    Data for Weather on Demand is provided by Accuweather. They told me essentally that they provide the data and it is up to ATT as to how and what is displayed.

There you go. 

Email or call ATT and see what kind of response you get from them.  We are customers just like you and have no idea why they don't include certain aspects of the forecast.

6 of 13 (331 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 9, 2013 11:41:18 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

True Local on the 8's would display that info.  Baby steps!

7 of 13 (270 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 9, 2013 11:53:00 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

happyinict wrote:

Why does Weather on Demand completely fail to forecast wind speed and direction? Neither the hourly forecast or the 10 day forecast shows this?

Would you really believe a 10 day forecast for windspeed and direction?

8 of 13 (267 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 9, 2013 7:12:45 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

happyinict wrote:

Would you really believe a 10 day forecast for windspeed and direction?

Yup, accuracy of wind speed direction goes nuts after 3-4 days.... I have seen a map that takes it out 84 hours but that is pretty much it.

9 of 13 (246 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 9, 2013 8:25:27 PM
    (0)
    Employee
    What is displayed is really going to depend on what device you have and the design of the application that is being used. In most cases that application is designed by the device manufacturer. In a lot of cases they will be designed to give pertinent information with regular updates that won't eat up your battery and mobile data. I would suggest using a third party weather application that is specialized in giving full weather information and forecasts. To give you better information please tell us which device you are using and if it is an application or a widget.

Justin
    *I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 13 (239 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 9, 2013 8:39:30 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

JustWeb, are you suggesting that AT&T would allow us to load applications of our own chosing on our U-verse TV receivers, as these are the "devices" being discussed?

11 of 13 (233 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 10, 2013 4:29:03 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

JustWeb is confused. 

The OP was questioning the app on Uverse.

12 of 13 (214 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 10, 2013 8:56:01 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

I think Justweb's post got put in the wrong thread.

13 of 13 (193 Views)