Why does At&t not do what they say they will or work with you when you have a billing issue?

Contributor

Why does At&t not do what they say they will or work with you when you have a billing issue?

A while back I contacted At&t about a better internet rate as my bill had really gone up. They promised a better rate over the phone but my next bill didn't reflect that. Several calls and still problems with differing amounts being given and such. I explained that I'm very limited on budget and cannot pay more than a certain amount or I would have to find service through someone else. During this because I am limited on what I can pay I get behind on what they say I owe. Service was interupted. I paid a payment but then I get charged a $30.00 reconnection fee. I called and they were supposed to make adjustments, once again, so that the bill is $59.00 then to go down to $39.00 a  month. I paid the $59.00 but there is that $30.00 reconnection fee. They tell me the only way they will remove it is if I enroll in autopay. I get paid every other Friday what sense does it make to set up autopay for a certain day, when depending on how my payday falls, the money might not be in the account for it? I'm making resonable efforts to pay. The amount I look at on my bill is never what they say it will be what am I supposed to do? I'm a full time student and work, please att, work with me??

Message 1 of 3 (367 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Why does At&t not do what they say they will or work with you when you have a billing issue?

Here is what you do, click on the hyperlink in my sig and you will be taken the the PM page for AT&T Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, who can help you get this resolved.  Send them a PM with your info and the issue and they will get back to you.  Watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page, as they will reply to via PM as well.

Message 2 of 3 (350 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Why does At&t not do what they say they will or work with you when you have a billing issue?

Hello @moorecook 

I'm sorry about your billing issues, we can help you with that! Please send us a message like suggested, please include your full name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (313 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support