Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 10, 2014
3:44:23 PM
View profile
Why do you tell me that Uverse is available at my address when it isn't?

I received four (!) emails from AT&T informing me that Uverse was now available at my address, so decided to check it out. Went to the AT&T store in the mall because waiting on hold for a representative is not one of my favorite things to do, and they very willingly answered all our questions, gave us a "great" deal and set up an appointment for installation 3 weeks later. Well that day was today; they were supposed to be here from 11 - 1 and when they hadn't shown up by 1 I called customer service. After talking to them and being on hold for a total of around 2 hours (no exaggeration), was told that they didn't come because Uverse was not available at my address. What? They said that the folks at the AT&T Wireless store at the mall had no business setting this up for us and that we really should have just called. Okay. We did get a letter confirming the secret 4 digit pin that we would need, but not once did anyone ever call or write to let us know that it is not available at our house and that no one would show up to install. Thanks AT&T for wasting four hours of my time today; I think I'll stick with Time Warner.

I received four (!) emails from AT&T informing me that Uverse was now available at my address, so decided to check it out. Went to the AT&T store in the mall because waiting on hold for a representative is not one of my favorite things to do, and they very willingly answered all our questions, gave us a "great" deal and set up an appointment for installation 3 weeks later. Well that day was today; they were supposed to be here from 11 - 1 and when they hadn't shown up by 1 I called customer service. After talking to them and being on hold for a total of around 2 hours (no exaggeration), was told that they didn't come because Uverse was not available at my address. What? They said that the folks at the AT&T Wireless store at the mall had no business setting this up for us and that we really should have just called. Okay. We did get a letter confirming the secret 4 digit pin that we would need, but not once did anyone ever call or write to let us know that it is not available at our house and that no one would show up to install. Thanks AT&T for wasting four hours of my time today; I think I'll stick with Time Warner.

Why do you tell me that Uverse is available at my address when it isn't?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 9:45:45 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @pabbrennan 

I apologize for this issue and wasted time. This is very odd, our stores in U-verse markets are definitely authorized to schedule U-verse installations. Our team can check on it for you if you'd like, you can send us a private message by clicking here.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @pabbrennan 

I apologize for this issue and wasted time. This is very odd, our stores in U-verse markets are definitely authorized to schedule U-verse installations. Our team can check on it for you if you'd like, you can send us a private message by clicking here.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Why do you tell me that Uverse is available at my address when it isn't?

2 of 2 (163 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments