Why do I need to constantly reset my gateway in order to get it to work?

Tutor

Why do I need to constantly reset my gateway in order to get it to work?

I reluctlantly gave up my DSL service with ATT when I went wireless on my home phone. I now have Uverse internet and need to reset my modem at least once a week and it has been 3 times a week. I have only had it for less than 3 months. I have cameras attached and if I don't have internet then I can't see what's going on while away. This end of the service is terrible. Any suggestions???

Message 1 of 8
Community Support

Re: Why do I need to constantly reset my gateway in order to get it to work?

Hi jmufnman,

I greatly apologize about all the inconveniences you are having after getting the U-verse services. You should not have to reset your router that many times. If you have any additional equipment, like a secondary router attached, there may be a few settings that need to be made, such as putting it into DMZplus mode and ensuring that the NAT is not conflicting with the NAT being used in the U-verse router. 

Also, it could just be something as simple as a defective router or something more severe like line issues. I will be sending you a private message to get some additional information, so I can run further line tests.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

What did you do to fix this?  I am having the same issues.  I wish I had never given up my DSL for Uverse.  My router has to be reset very often, sometimes a couple of times a day, but sometimes it will go a few days with no issues.  We will be on the internet and suddenly, no internet.  Lights will all be green on the NG510 router.  We have to unplug it and plug it back in to fix it.  5 min later we are running again.  but I should not have to reset it this often, I wouldnt think.

Message 3 of 8
Tutor

I've been having the same issues for over a year.  I have been actively searching for a solution for the past 3 months.  So far no one has been able to sove my problem.

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

I have this same issue. My gateway requires a reset at least once a week. When I go to reset, all lights are green.

This service is the worst internet service I have EVER had.

Message 5 of 8
ACE - Expert

jeff_in_nc wrote:

I have this same issue. My gateway requires a reset at least once a week. When I go to reset, all lights are green.

This service is the worst internet service I have EVER had.

If you happen to have a 510/589/599 Arris/Moto RG, IPv6 causes disconnects, rebooting and browsing problems.

Disable IPv6 in the RG's Gui. http://192.168.1.254/

Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 8
Contributor

Me too.

Message 7 of 8
Contributor

I ended up buying my own wifi router and plugged that into the gateway. Then disabled the wifi in the gateway. Been working fine ever since the wifi on the gateway is garbage.
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support