Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 17, 2013
10:36:53 PM
View profile
Why do I have to pay penalty for broken U-Verse
I signed up for U-Verse internet connection in February 2013, around mid April my AT&T phone line went down completely, had no dial tone and the internet also went down. Called customer service, they couldn't send technician until the next day. I need internet connection for my online business and my son had school assignment due the next day, so I had to pay CLEAR $36 to get internet connection right away. The next day both land line and U-verse were fixed. Then about 3 weeks later both land line & U-verse internet went down again. Same thing, couldn't sent technician till the next day. Unfortunately, when it happened the 3rd time they couldn't find a schedule for their technician to come when I'm home, so my land line & internet were down for 3 days and again I had to pay CLEAR for internet access. Technician came and without asking for my permission just changed the inside house phone jack and billed me for $55.

It only worked for a couple weeks before everything went down again, I have had enough. Instead of saving money I end up paid a lot more by going to U-Verse. So disappointed with AT&T can't even find/fix the problem in 4 tries? All they did was guessing and doing trial and error on my expense.

So I cancelled U-Verse, the customer support told me a technician will come to fix my land line between 2-6 PM the next day and I have to be home. Cancelled all my appointment to wait for AT&T technician, when nobody show up by 5:30 PM I called them. I was so furious when they told me they don't have a technician scheduled to come to my house that day. The earliest they can send technician would be the next day between 2-6 PM. Since I cancelled U-Verse, my land line has been working fine just the way it was before I got U-Verse.

I sent them a complaint letter to get credit for the $55 charged for the in-house phone jack that didn't solve the U-Verse problem and not to charge me early termination fee because their U-Verse did not work.

Guess what, they completely ignored my request; didn't respond to my complaint and charged my credit card $120 penalty. I sent them a 2nd letter and I still haven't heard anything from AT&T.

AT&T please refund my $175

I signed up for U-Verse internet connection in February 2013, around mid April my AT&T phone line went down completely, had no dial tone and the internet also went down. Called customer service, they couldn't send technician until the next day. I need internet connection for my online business and my son had school assignment due the next day, so I had to pay CLEAR $36 to get internet connection right away. The next day both land line and U-verse were fixed. Then about 3 weeks later both land line & U-verse internet went down again. Same thing, couldn't sent technician till the next day. Unfortunately, when it happened the 3rd time they couldn't find a schedule for their technician to come when I'm home, so my land line & internet were down for 3 days and again I had to pay CLEAR for internet access. Technician came and without asking for my permission just changed the inside house phone jack and billed me for $55.

It only worked for a couple weeks before everything went down again, I have had enough. Instead of saving money I end up paid a lot more by going to U-Verse. So disappointed with AT&T can't even find/fix the problem in 4 tries? All they did was guessing and doing trial and error on my expense.

So I cancelled U-Verse, the customer support told me a technician will come to fix my land line between 2-6 PM the next day and I have to be home. Cancelled all my appointment to wait for AT&T technician, when nobody show up by 5:30 PM I called them. I was so furious when they told me they don't have a technician scheduled to come to my house that day. The earliest they can send technician would be the next day between 2-6 PM. Since I cancelled U-Verse, my land line has been working fine just the way it was before I got U-Verse.

I sent them a complaint letter to get credit for the $55 charged for the in-house phone jack that didn't solve the U-Verse problem and not to charge me early termination fee because their U-Verse did not work.

Guess what, they completely ignored my request; didn't respond to my complaint and charged my credit card $120 penalty. I sent them a 2nd letter and I still haven't heard anything from AT&T.

AT&T please refund my $175

Why do I have to pay penalty for broken U-Verse

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2013 3:41:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why do I have to pay penalty for broken U-Verse

2 of 2 (170 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments