Why do I get a bill due date twice in one month

Contributor

Why do I get a bill due date twice in one month

My uverse due date last month was March 5  2014. Then again it was due on March 31 2014. I get paid on the 1st of each month and can't afford to make 2 payments in one month. This happens 2 or 3 times a year. When I pay a day or two late - buy no fault of my own, I get charged a late fee. My usage dates are the 7th of the month to the 6th of the next month. They always stay the same but the due date changes from month to month. Customer service once told me that it goes on a 28 day cycle. How can a due date be on a 28 day cycle and and usage dates are not. Let's see - 31 minus 5 = 26.?? I even had my usage cycle moved ahead from the 5th of the month to what it is now to help with the problem but it is still a problem. Oh yeah, those 2 extra days cost me about $24. On top of it all the raise of $8 to my total bill is outrages. I need this fixed where it is to my convenance and not cost me extra. Not happy at all with att-uverse

Message 1 of 3 (359 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Guru

Re: Why do I get a bill due date twice in one month

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (354 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Why do I get a bill due date twice in one month

It sounds like your billing dates are still too close to the beginning of the month to prevent the due dates from ever occuring in the same month. If you change your billing dates to the 15th, for example, that should prevent the issue.

Follow Jeffster's advice and send a message to Customer Care.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (330 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.