Why did AT&T Uverse drop TVG Network?

We really like the AT&T service but love the horse races more!  We're going to have to switch to TimeWarner Cable if they don't get it back!

Message 1 of 109 (8,286 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Why did AT&T Uverse drop TVG Network?

[ Edited ]

Gotcah Phil.  I deleted part of my post {Inappropriate content removed}  Smiley Happy  But I still stand by what I said, if someone wnats to leave U-Verse bad enough, AT&T I'm sure would make an exception, on a case b y case basis.  .

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 76 of 109 (2,313 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Still showing on the U-Verse channel list.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 77 of 109 (2,298 Views)
Contributor

I live in Atlanta and own thoroughbreds. The only reason I installed U-verse was because it had TVG and HRTV. I hate that AT&T and TVG point their fingers at each other and we lose no matter what! This sucks! 

Message 78 of 109 (2,228 Views)
Tutor

TVG

Why did Uverse delete TVG, even thought it is provided at no cost to AT&T?

Message 79 of 109 (2,213 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

Re: TVG

Never heard of it must not be popular. What does TVG stand for?

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
Message 80 of 109 (2,190 Views)
ACE - Professor

Kong57 wrote:

TV Gaming, I believe. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic (since this channel has been in several threads recently), but it showed horse races and other horse racing-themed programming.

Message 81 of 109 (2,184 Views)
Employee

steverg wrote:

Nothing is free, not even health care, and not this channel.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 82 of 109 (2,174 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

steverg wrote:

Does anyone have any actual knowledge of the terms of the proposed retransmit agreement?  I'd like to see this "no cost" for myself.

Message 83 of 109 (2,156 Views)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

steverg wrote:

Does anyone have any actual knowledge of the terms of the proposed retransmit agreement?  I'd like to see this "no cost" for myself.

NASA is provided free....  So it is possible.  Now, does this mean that AT&T doesn't have costs associated with its carriage?  Of course not (that part speaks to the rather blunt post, above yours).

Message 84 of 109 (2,127 Views)
ACE - Expert

dhascall wrote:

JefferMC wrote:

steverg wrote:

NASA is provided free....  So it is possible.  Now, does this mean that AT&T doesn't have costs associated with its carriage?  Of course not (that part speaks to the rather blunt post, above yours).

Yep, made that point myself earlier in this thread.  I was just want those who make the claim that this particular channel was at no cost to AT&T to put up some proof or quit saying it.  What you think you heard any given Tier 1 support rep is as useful to this conversation at any cover story on the National Inquirer.

Message 85 of 109 (2,125 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Smiley Very Happy  The hard thing for us end users (or even employees) would be proof - one way or the other. 

Kinda like the folks who bemoan the Hallmark complainers and "how much Crown Media wanted to charge."  Really?  I don't know as I was not at the negotiation table, lol. 

Message 86 of 109 (2,120 Views)
ACE - Expert

At least the first guy attributed it to the TVG rep, which is fair. This last poster was probably just repeating the information from that first post but without any attribution.

Though, I'm wondering... why would TVG have a call center?  Do most channels?  Why?

Message 87 of 109 (2,117 Views)
Guru

There are so many intials for everything I really did not know

MicCheck wrote:

Kong57 wrote:

TV Gaming, I believe. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic (since this channel has been in several threads recently), but it showed horse races and other horse racing-themed programming.

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
Message 88 of 109 (2,090 Views)
ACE - Professor

JefferMC wrote:

steverg wrote:

I don't know the terms, so this is purely conjecture.

I could see TVG being provided as no cost, since I'd imagine they make their money off of bettors, rather than ads. Kind of like the shopping networks.

Perhaps the agreement called for revenue sharing, and TVG wanted to cut AT&T's portion, and that was the nature of the dispute.

Message 89 of 109 (2,075 Views)
ACE - Professor

MicCheck wrote:

JefferMC wrote:

steverg wrote:

I don't know the terms, so this is purely conjecture.

I could see TVG being provided as no cost, since I'd imagine they make their money off of bettors, rather than ads. Kind of like the shopping networks.

Perhaps the agreement called for revenue sharing, and TVG wanted to cut AT&T's portion, and that was the nature of the dispute.

They probably charge AT&T in states that aren't allowed to bet online/over the phone and decided to increase the cost to AT&T in those areas.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 90 of 109 (2,318 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.