Why did AT&T Uverse drop TVG Network?

We really like the AT&T service but love the horse races more!  We're going to have to switch to TimeWarner Cable if they don't get it back!

Message 1 of 109 (8,272 Views)
ACE - Scholar

Re: Why did AT&T Uverse drop TVG Network?

Sounds like you should switch. Uverse is a great service but does not have everything. Just as TimeWarner Cable does not have everything.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 109 (6,979 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

Suewill999 wrote:

We really like the AT&T service but love the horse races more!  We're going to have to switch to TimeWarner Cable if they don't get it back!

Oh, no!!!!!! Now I am going to miss all of my favorite holiday horse racing movies. I won't be able to see my favorite episode of "The Golden Girls" where they bet all of their money on a horse in the third race at Santa Anita, and end up losing everything.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 109 (6,917 Views)
ACE - Professor

At least Horse Racing TV (HRTV) is still on Channel 672. I used to watch both TVG and HRTV at times when I first got U-Verse. At the time I did not own a high definition television.

I enjoyed watching both channels. Not being a horse racing expert, which of the two channels do forum members, who have watched both, like the best? Is there something about one or the other that makes it better?

Message 4 of 109 (6,843 Views)

When these guys sold me on ATT Uverse. i said the only way we could switch would be if we could get both TVG and HRTV.  We have interests in the thoroughbred business, and we need both channels to see what we need to see.  Went to TVG(CH#670) today and saw "Programming is no longer available".  TVG says ATT has chosen to drop them from their channel lineup. 

I know one complaint isn't going to bring it back, but this puts us in a bit of a spot.

I really hate going through all the equipment swapping, but it seems to me ATT has breached their agreement with us by removing this channel. 

Any suggestions?

Message 5 of 109 (6,814 Views)
ACE - Professor

I'm guessing the contract ended. If you need TVG, I would assume the answer is obvious.
Message 6 of 109 (6,798 Views)
ACE - Professor

HoptownPred wrote:

When these guys sold me on ATT Uverse. i said the only way we could switch would be if we could get both TVG and HRTV.  We have interests in the thoroughbred business, and we need both channels to see what we need to see.  Went to TVG(CH#670) today and saw "Programming is no longer available".  TVG says ATT has chosen to drop them from their channel lineup. 

I know one complaint isn't going to bring it back, but this puts us in a bit of a spot.

I really hate going through all the equipment swapping, but it seems to me ATT has breached their agreement with us by removing this channel. 

Any suggestions?

Despite what you may believe, AT&T did not breach any agreement or contract with you. All television providers have the right to drop a channel at their own disgression or, if a new carriage agreement cannot be reached, with the channel owner.

Please check your contract with AT&T U-Verse. You will not find any clause (oral or written) that will indicate otherwise. I am sorry that you feel this way.

Message 7 of 109 (6,756 Views)
ACE - Professor

dwinth wrote:

Suewill999 wrote:

Oh, no!!!!!! Now I am going to miss all of my favorite holiday horse racing movies. I won't be able to see my favorite episode of "The Golden Girls" where they bet all of their money on a horse in the third race at Santa Anita, and end up losing everything.

You joke, but the Golden Girls actually did feature an episode where Dorothy revealed to have been a gambling addict, and ended up losing a lot of money on the ponies when she fell of the wagon. :-D

Message 8 of 109 (6,715 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

HoptownPred wrote:

From http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp?source=EC00uv000000001UL&wtExtndSource=uv_ftr_to...:

AT&T also reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, at any time and from time to time, the Services (or any function or feature of the Services or any part thereof) without liability. 

Message 9 of 109 (6,655 Views)
ACE - Professor

JefferMC wrote:

HoptownPred wrote:

From http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp?source=EC00uv000000001UL&wtExtndSource=uv_ftr_to...:

AT&T also reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, at any time and from time to time, the Services (or any function or feature of the Services or any part thereof) without liability. 

JefferMC: Thank you for posting the link to the AT&T U-Verse Terms of Service. For anyone who wants to check out and verify the terms, JefferMC was quoting from Section 8 INTERRUPTIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE.

I would hope that any disgruntled subscribers who claim their contracts and agreeements were violated by AT&T by the elimination of a channel or channels, no matter the circumstances, would be made aware of Section 8.

Message 10 of 109 (6,605 Views)
Tutor

No question. I am ANGRY that you dropped TVG. Will go back to DirectTV as soon as possible.

Bring back TVG!!!

Message 11 of 109 (6,547 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: No question. I am ANGRY that you dropped TVG. Will go back to DirectTV as soon as possible.

OK
Message 12 of 109 (6,550 Views)
ACE - Master

How could anyone think that ATT & it's legal department didn't CIA?  Smiley Surprised  Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 109 (6,590 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: No question. I am ANGRY that you dropped TVG. Will go back to DirectTV as soon as possible.

skilcoyne wrote:

Bring back TVG!!!

It may come back - it may not.  The Hallmark channel(s) have never came back in 3+ years.  You have to do what you have to do.  Sadly, threatening to leave (even if it is 10 or 100 subscribers) won't sway it, either way.  

Message 14 of 109 (6,532 Views)

My husband loves the TVG Network and likes it better than the HRTV! For one thing TVG has different tracks than the HRTV and second, they have more information about the horses and their past performances! You can bet online with TVG as you watch it! Our contract with ATT is up soon, so if they don't put TVG back we will be switching back to Xfinity! Too bad, ATT will lose a lot of TVG Horse racing sports fans!!! Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 109 (6,565 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.