Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 2, 2013
10:46:06 AM
View profile
Why can't my land line number be ported from AT&T?

I am trying to change my land line phone service to include with my cable provided and they are telling me that they can't get my number to port over.  Don't understand why.  Does anyone?

I am trying to change my land line phone service to include with my cable provided and they are telling me that they can't get my number to port over.  Don't understand why.  Does anyone?

Why can't my land line number be ported from AT&T?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2013 11:33:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
larrytucker - It does not seem to make sense, but, I have seen other posts on this that say that they need to convert the number to POTS & then port it. Maybe get the ayttcustomercare folks involved via PM using this link - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
larrytucker - It does not seem to make sense, but, I have seen other posts on this that say that they need to convert the number to POTS & then port it. Maybe get the ayttcustomercare folks involved via PM using this link - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why can't my land line number be ported from AT&T?

2 of 4 (1,032 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 10:32:14 AM
(0)
Master

Because your previous provider hasn't released the number yet maybe.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Because your previous provider hasn't released the number yet maybe.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

3 of 4 (912 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 9:20:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am trying to port my ATT land line number out to another wireless company.  I have been told by the wireless company that ATT needs to update their database, but can't figure out how to do it.  They tell me they contact ATT two times a week but don't get a responce.  I called ATT and tried to find out if the wireless company was telling me the truth.  I was transferred four times to different departments within ATT.  The last person I spoke with told me she would not tell me anything about my number because I had requested it be released to another company.  I am now about 9 months into this process.  I want MY number.  I found this forums site while researching how/where to make a complaint to/against ATT.  I have sent a message to customer care via this forum and am hopeful I can get to someone who does know what is happening and can help me. If anyone has any information that can help, I sure would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

I am trying to port my ATT land line number out to another wireless company.  I have been told by the wireless company that ATT needs to update their database, but can't figure out how to do it.  They tell me they contact ATT two times a week but don't get a responce.  I called ATT and tried to find out if the wireless company was telling me the truth.  I was transferred four times to different departments within ATT.  The last person I spoke with told me she would not tell me anything about my number because I had requested it be released to another company.  I am now about 9 months into this process.  I want MY number.  I found this forums site while researching how/where to make a complaint to/against ATT.  I have sent a message to customer care via this forum and am hopeful I can get to someone who does know what is happening and can help me. If anyone has any information that can help, I sure would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

4 of 4 (856 Views)