Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 8, 2013
1:31:58 AM
Why can't I use the Music Choice app on my IPhone or IPad?
It seems rather silly that I cannot. Surely it did not take much for AT&T to be added to the list of providers who can use this app. This is another slap on the face to AT&T customers. I am hoping against hope that when the changes to Music Choice take place on Tuesday that I will then be able to use their app.
It seems rather silly that I cannot. Surely it did not take much for AT&T to be added to the list of providers who can use this app. This is another slap on the face to AT&T customers. I am hoping against hope that when the changes to Music Choice take place on Tuesday that I will then be able to use their app.

Why can't I use the Music Choice app on my IPhone or IPad?

16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 7:14:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

codycooper864 wrote:

After all of the negative posting that you have done regarding U-Verse, I am surprised that you are still a subscriber. You have not posted since October 18, so I assumed you moved on to your beloved Comcast that you praised so highly. After all, you can subscribe to them in your area.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

codycooper864 wrote:

After all of the negative posting that you have done regarding U-Verse, I am surprised that you are still a subscriber. You have not posted since October 18, so I assumed you moved on to your beloved Comcast that you praised so highly. After all, you can subscribe to them in your area.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why can't I use the Music Choice app on my IPhone or IPad?

2 of 17 (870 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 10:20:38 AM
(0)
Scholar
Actually U-Verse offers a lot of positives, such as the total home DVR and the high amount of premium movie channels, online movie channels, and HD channels. I just got a new TV and liove how U-Verse looks on it. But if I am happy with something, I don't want it to change so I don't generally comment. I comment on what I don't like to try to induce change. Adding an app with the ability to play hundreds of great music videos anywhere would be a positive for me as a customer. And it is one that AT& T should have no trouble at all adding- no way it's expensive . And I'm stunned as to why they don 't carry this app when every other major provider does.
Actually U-Verse offers a lot of positives, such as the total home DVR and the high amount of premium movie channels, online movie channels, and HD channels. I just got a new TV and liove how U-Verse looks on it. But if I am happy with something, I don't want it to change so I don't generally comment. I comment on what I don't like to try to induce change. Adding an app with the ability to play hundreds of great music videos anywhere would be a positive for me as a customer. And it is one that AT& T should have no trouble at all adding- no way it's expensive . And I'm stunned as to why they don 't carry this app when every other major provider does.

3 of 17 (858 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 12:50:36 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by codycooper864 on Dec 8, 2013 at 12:58:55 PM

But what would be worse is if AT&T simply refuses to carry the app and that spat causes Music Choice to drop AT&T entirely and for good on December 31, making us get Urge again- or nothing at all.  And by the way, why is it that instead of actually trying to answer the question I raised, people are instead merely taking shots at me, the poster, for asking said question?

But what would be worse is if AT&T simply refuses to carry the app and that spat causes Music Choice to drop AT&T entirely and for good on December 31, making us get Urge again- or nothing at all.  And by the way, why is it that instead of actually trying to answer the question I raised, people are instead merely taking shots at me, the poster, for asking said question?

[ Edited ]
4 of 17 (840 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 1:41:09 PM
(0)
Scholar

Let's see if anybody has the guts to honestly reply to my last inquiry.

5 of 17 (826 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 3:18:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by americangame on Dec 8, 2013 at 3:19:00 PM

codycooper864 wrote:

There are these wonderful things called contracts that AT&T agrees to. Odds are good that when Music Choice and AT&T Uverse agreed to a contect previously, it didn't include anything about the music choice app. Give it time before jumping to conclusions.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

codycooper864 wrote:

There are these wonderful things called contracts that AT&T agrees to. Odds are good that when Music Choice and AT&T Uverse agreed to a contect previously, it didn't include anything about the music choice app. Give it time before jumping to conclusions.

-------

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
6 of 17 (811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 3:20:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

And by the way, why is it that instead of actually trying to answer the question I raised, people are instead merely taking shots at me, the poster, for asking said question?
I don't believe anyone has taken a shot at you. in fact, prior to this only one person had replied at all. I believe he only questioned why you would stay with a provider that seems to disappoint you so often and thoroughly.

And by the way, why is it that instead of actually trying to answer the question I raised, people are instead merely taking shots at me, the poster, for asking said question?
I don't believe anyone has taken a shot at you. in fact, prior to this only one person had replied at all. I believe he only questioned why you would stay with a provider that seems to disappoint you so often and thoroughly.

7 of 17 (809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 7:59:49 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by codycooper864 on Dec 8, 2013 at 8:01:19 PM

I know all about contracts, but here's the deal:  ALL other major providers' customers have been able to access the Music Choice app from day one that it was introduced to the IPhone and IPad.  I just have the feeling that other providers said yes to Music Choice when asked about adding the app, and perhaps it cost them a very small charge to provide a great app for their customers.  But AT&T stubbornly said no for some reason, most likely pinchpenny.  And now Music Choice and AT&T are likely at odds just when they are coming up against the clock to make a new deal by a December 31 deadline.  And since this fuss over the new app has created such a rift, a deal likely won't get made and Music Choice goes POOF when the ball drops at the end of December. That's how I envision it happening.  And if I'm right, then the blame for this loss will rest squarely on the shoulders of AT&T.

I know all about contracts, but here's the deal:  ALL other major providers' customers have been able to access the Music Choice app from day one that it was introduced to the IPhone and IPad.  I just have the feeling that other providers said yes to Music Choice when asked about adding the app, and perhaps it cost them a very small charge to provide a great app for their customers.  But AT&T stubbornly said no for some reason, most likely pinchpenny.  And now Music Choice and AT&T are likely at odds just when they are coming up against the clock to make a new deal by a December 31 deadline.  And since this fuss over the new app has created such a rift, a deal likely won't get made and Music Choice goes POOF when the ball drops at the end of December. That's how I envision it happening.  And if I'm right, then the blame for this loss will rest squarely on the shoulders of AT&T.

[ Edited ]
8 of 17 (781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 8:31:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

And if all your conjecture is just so much smoke?

And if all your conjecture is just so much smoke?

9 of 17 (776 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 8:55:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Dec 8, 2013 at 9:06:00 PM

codycooper864 wrote:

There goes Codycooper again with his negative predictions that never seem to end the way he predicts.

On October 16, 2013, you predicted that the MLB Network would go away. You stated, "MLB Network is going away. We freaking KNOW it is! U-Verse is way too cheap, stupid and pigheaded ever to add MLB Extra Innings and that will be the deal breaker. But when it does go away the fanboys here will still be defending U-Verse and singing their praises."  As a U-Verse fanboy, I want to point out that the MLB Network is still part of U-Verse.

From August 24- 30, you kept complaining that U-Verse would not add the PAC-12 Network. In fact, on August 24, you stated that, "I keep seeing things online that say we are, but I won't believe it until I see it.  I wouldn't get my hopes up too high." U-Verse now has the PAC-12 Network.

On August 14, 2013, in regards to beIN Sports, you stated, "U-verse currently has no plans to engage in any further negotiations to add BeIN Sport to its lineup." On August 16, 2013, in regards to beIN Sports, you stated, "This is just stuff I have heard and read. I will admit it is second hand info that I can't verify. I am a top tier U-Verse subscriber ( u-450 + HD tier) who wishes U-Verse would carry every channel out there...but I doubt it will ever happen." U-Verse has added beIN Sports.

On July 19 and 20, 2013, you posted negatively about the possiblity of U-Verse adding Fox Sports 1 due to increased carriage costs. Fox Sports 1 and 2 are now both included in the U-Verse lineup in SD and HD.

Go ahead and verify the dates and your direct quotes.

Please switch to Comcast. You will be much happier.

codycooper864 wrote:

There goes Codycooper again with his negative predictions that never seem to end the way he predicts.

On October 16, 2013, you predicted that the MLB Network would go away. You stated, "MLB Network is going away. We freaking KNOW it is! U-Verse is way too cheap, stupid and pigheaded ever to add MLB Extra Innings and that will be the deal breaker. But when it does go away the fanboys here will still be defending U-Verse and singing their praises."  As a U-Verse fanboy, I want to point out that the MLB Network is still part of U-Verse.

From August 24- 30, you kept complaining that U-Verse would not add the PAC-12 Network. In fact, on August 24, you stated that, "I keep seeing things online that say we are, but I won't believe it until I see it.  I wouldn't get my hopes up too high." U-Verse now has the PAC-12 Network.

On August 14, 2013, in regards to beIN Sports, you stated, "U-verse currently has no plans to engage in any further negotiations to add BeIN Sport to its lineup." On August 16, 2013, in regards to beIN Sports, you stated, "This is just stuff I have heard and read. I will admit it is second hand info that I can't verify. I am a top tier U-Verse subscriber ( u-450 + HD tier) who wishes U-Verse would carry every channel out there...but I doubt it will ever happen." U-Verse has added beIN Sports.

On July 19 and 20, 2013, you posted negatively about the possiblity of U-Verse adding Fox Sports 1 due to increased carriage costs. Fox Sports 1 and 2 are now both included in the U-Verse lineup in SD and HD.

Go ahead and verify the dates and your direct quotes.

Please switch to Comcast. You will be much happier.

[ Edited ]
10 of 17 (772 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 1:09:40 AM
(0)
Scholar
The carriage agreement with MLB Network does not expire until the end of the year. THAT is when I fear that it might go away. If it does that would be a tragic loss to me. I really hope it doesn't, just like I hope Music Choice , whose agreement also runs out at year's end stays, and the music choice app also becomes available on my IPad. Believe it or not, I hope my scenarios never come to pass. And you are right about Pac-12 Network, FS 1 and 2, and BeIN Sport. Great going by AT &T to get those. But for every positive there's a negative. For instance, I predict they can't ever get NHL or Hallmark back in the lineup though.
The carriage agreement with MLB Network does not expire until the end of the year. THAT is when I fear that it might go away. If it does that would be a tragic loss to me. I really hope it doesn't, just like I hope Music Choice , whose agreement also runs out at year's end stays, and the music choice app also becomes available on my IPad. Believe it or not, I hope my scenarios never come to pass. And you are right about Pac-12 Network, FS 1 and 2, and BeIN Sport. Great going by AT &T to get those. But for every positive there's a negative. For instance, I predict they can't ever get NHL or Hallmark back in the lineup though.

11 of 17 (755 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 2:29:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

codycooper864 wrote:

The negatives (Hallmark channels and the NHL Network) are from years ago. What are the negatives other than TVG which is watched by only a small minority? There have been an overhelming amount of additions, too high to count, to the U-Verse lineup since the loss of the Hallmark channels and the NHL Network.

Al Jazeera America is neither a negative or positive since it was never a part of the U-Verse lineup.

You are totally wrong in your assessment.

codycooper864 wrote:

The negatives (Hallmark channels and the NHL Network) are from years ago. What are the negatives other than TVG which is watched by only a small minority? There have been an overhelming amount of additions, too high to count, to the U-Verse lineup since the loss of the Hallmark channels and the NHL Network.

Al Jazeera America is neither a negative or positive since it was never a part of the U-Verse lineup.

You are totally wrong in your assessment.

12 of 17 (751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 5:42:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Dec 9, 2013 at 5:44:59 AM

Never mind.  Found what I was looking for.

Since the Music Choice channels have disappeared from the current announcement, it would be my take that they've already reached an accord.

Never mind.  Found what I was looking for.

Since the Music Choice channels have disappeared from the current announcement, it would be my take that they've already reached an accord.

[ Edited ]
13 of 17 (715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 6:04:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You keep "stating facts" like you know what's going on in the contract negoations with U-Verse just because somthing that is relatively new, like the Music Choice app, isn't avaliable to U-Verse customers today.

-------

You keep "stating facts" like you know what's going on in the contract negoations with U-Verse just because somthing that is relatively new, like the Music Choice app, isn't avaliable to U-Verse customers today.

-------

14 of 17 (710 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 8:47:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

americangame wrote:

Codycooper was "stating facts" this past August, September, and October as if he knew what was going on in contract negotiation between AT&T and channel owner (place whatever name you want).

This guy must really be the president of AT&T posing as a U-Verse subscriber.

americangame wrote:

Codycooper was "stating facts" this past August, September, and October as if he knew what was going on in contract negotiation between AT&T and channel owner (place whatever name you want).

This guy must really be the president of AT&T posing as a U-Verse subscriber.

15 of 17 (688 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 10:24:33 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by codycooper864 on Dec 9, 2013 at 10:49:36 AM

I am not really stating facts, I am more like worrying aloud. I am the type of person that always fears the worst...always has been a fault of mine. Now that I see it has earned me many enemies here, I will try my best to stop worrying aloud and expecting the worst. I just hope that people here will forgive my past posts and allow me to wipe the slate clean so to speak. Because all in all I really like and enjoy my U-Verse TV, even though it may not seem so LOL!  The thing is, this whole board is basically comprised of people making complaining posts followed by one of a core group of ACE posters then jumping to the defense of AT&T. But like I said, I will try to be a good boy from now on.  But I do have to tell you that in the event that MLB Network is really lost, I might not be able to stop myself from lashing out.  

I am not really stating facts, I am more like worrying aloud. I am the type of person that always fears the worst...always has been a fault of mine. Now that I see it has earned me many enemies here, I will try my best to stop worrying aloud and expecting the worst. I just hope that people here will forgive my past posts and allow me to wipe the slate clean so to speak. Because all in all I really like and enjoy my U-Verse TV, even though it may not seem so LOL!  The thing is, this whole board is basically comprised of people making complaining posts followed by one of a core group of ACE posters then jumping to the defense of AT&T. But like I said, I will try to be a good boy from now on.  But I do have to tell you that in the event that MLB Network is really lost, I might not be able to stop myself from lashing out.  

[ Edited ]
16 of 17 (673 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 11:39:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

codycooper864 wrote:

1. You never prefaced any of your posts like that before.  So, we could only gather that you were speaking in absolutes.

2. You are quite right - there are some fellow ACEs who do a lot of AT&T defending and Hallmark (or Subchannel or MLB EI and so on) complainer beatdowns.  Not sure why that they are that way but some do, do that.  I'm not one as I often shake my head at some AT&T decisions. 

codycooper864 wrote:

1. You never prefaced any of your posts like that before.  So, we could only gather that you were speaking in absolutes.

2. You are quite right - there are some fellow ACEs who do a lot of AT&T defending and Hallmark (or Subchannel or MLB EI and so on) complainer beatdowns.  Not sure why that they are that way but some do, do that.  I'm not one as I often shake my head at some AT&T decisions. 

17 of 17 (655 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments