Why can AT&T not honor their payment arrangement?

Teacher

Why can AT&T not honor their payment arrangement?

I am going through some tough times but have been a happy Uverse customer for some time now. When I received my 2nd bill I called to make an arrangement for both bills. Unfortunately I was unable to keep my first arrangement due to a septic tank backup. THIS bill almost cost me my power and heat and my UVerse svcs were suspended. Yesterday I was finally able to pay the first arrangement but was told that svcs will stay suspended until the 2nd bill is pay which I had an arrangement for the 8th. In my opinion these are two seperate bills and their has to be a way to get my svcs back on and honor the other arrangement. AT&T is no better than me if not. I tried calling in when I knew I could not pay the first arrangement but the automated system would not put me through. At this point I am ready to cancel as I need the internet and I can get it cheaper and faster elsewhere. I really do not want to lose my UVerse, love the system, installed it for several years and still tell people how great it is, but due to my situation may have to give it up if no one is willing to work with me. Won't be glorifying it to anyone afterwards though. Pretty dissappointed in AT&T not helping the little man out in these tough times...
Message 1 of 7 (803 Views)
ACE - Guru

Re: Why can AT&T not honor their payment arrangement?

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (791 Views)
Teacher

Thx, did that. Tried calling them to see if I can get a discount for the time not used. The lady told me you don't pay less mortgage when you go on vacation. I am absolutely apalled. She also called me a liar basically that I couldn't get through to billing. I am going to file a complaint with the BBB if I do not get a solution from CC.
Message 3 of 7 (755 Views)
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hello @germerican 

Thank you for posting. We received your private message and one of our managers will be contacting you as soon as possible to help.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7 (652 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Thank you, I am waiting. I tried to get a credit for the period I was unable to use the service but had a quite rude agent that has me starting to get angry. I spoke with a [Edited to comply with Guidelines]who also stated I should not be paying fir services that I cannot use. I will wait the day and hope I AM indeef still a valued customer.

Message 5 of 7 (639 Views)
Teacher

Just wanted to thank AT&T Customer Care for resolving my issues. You have restored my faith and I think I actually sold two people on the product this week.
Message 6 of 7 (542 Views)
Highlighted
Community Manager

Great!

I'm glad to hear we were able to resolve your issues! We look forward to seeing you around the forums.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7 (489 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.