Why am I being charged fees that are not on my order

Contributor

Why am I being charged fees that are not on my order

I called on sept 6 to order internet. I had just moved and encountered so many problems trying to move my internet. When i placed the order for uverse internet i paid $100, i was told the uverse modem I already had would not work. He sent me a return lable and assured me that my $100 would go back to me! not be used toward the bill! I was also told that he was using a promotional gift card to take care of the installation fee. On my order when i check it online, it says self installation, and no modem is charged. 

The only thing that shows up on my order is the $39 internet. This is what he said my bill would also reflect, but it doesn't. My bill is at $246. the $46 is the interent service. and the other $200 are the modem and the installation fee. My $100 that I paid and was promised I would get back, is being used toward the bill and it says i owe $146. I am so beyond aggrivated with att and all the lies and fees. My order is correct! and I would like my bill to be the same. 

About the return of the modem. I shipped it on sept 9 and it was received by att (i saw in the tracking) before my internet was even activated on sept 21. There is no reason that I should not have had the modem credited to my account and taken care of that fee. 

as for the promotional discount for the installation, my order is listed as self installation, with no one time fee! why am i being charged! Please help! because I am also being forced into auto pay and will have no choice but to pay this outstanding amount of a bill and just hope one day my money is returned to me as promised!

Message 1 of 2 (278 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Why am I being charged fees that are not on my order

Hello, samanthawaters0215!

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had such an unpleasant experience so far. If you don't mind sending us a private message by clicking here, we will absolutely look into this right away. Make sure to include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen for a response. In the meantime, please let me know if there's anything else we can do or if you have any additional questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (266 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.