Why Can't I Have 4 HD Streams?

Tutor

Why Can't I Have 4 HD Streams?

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure what happened to the forums last night, but apparently my topic got deleted.  I'm not going to type everything again, so briefly I will explain the situation:

The installer came to our house a couple of weeks ago, tested our "Total" bandwidth and assured us we had plenty.  We were told that we could stream 4 HD shows at once.  However we can only stream 3 and my profile shows 1SD/3HD.  I have called tech support 3 or 4 times to have our profile changed to 0SD/4HD and have been told they cannot simpy change it, and that I'm too far from the CO and don't have enough bandwidth, even though I was assured I did.  I should also add that we have the 18MB Uverse interent as well which apparently shares this total bandwidth.

I received a reply on the topic which was removed which is as follows:

Author:mibrnsurg (ACE - Master)
Date:08-05-2013 11:42:14 AM

Then post (using the little tree on the reply page) these screenshots:

IP Profile

Bitloading

Error Table

Coax/HPNA (if there is anything showing up)

These will show us info to diagnose. Hide your personal info on the Config page of Realtime.

Chris

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the screenshots you requested Chris:

Message 1 of 25 (2,014 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Why Can't I Have 4 HD Streams?

You have plenty of bandwidth to support the 0SD/4HD profile.  Go here: https://getsocial.att.com/welcome and register, post your issue, and one of the community managers can change it for you.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 25 (1,996 Views)
Employee

Your Max rate, noise margin and distance all indicate eligible for 32 profile, if have install techs number best to contact him and ave him smart chat (tier 2) support for your profile change. Otherwise tried calling again but need tier 2 support I do not believe standard support can change this but could be wrong.

Your second question is yes bandwidth is shared in the home between all services. And devices.

http://forums.att.com/t5/U-Verse-General-Care-and-Support/Bandwidth-between-internet-and-tv/m-p/2896...
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 25 (1,994 Views)
ACE - Master

@my thoughts.......I figured to ease the OP's frustration level, it would be better for them to follow my post and it would be taken care of without the need for another call to anyone.  As you well know it's harder for us outsiders to get to anywhere we want to go using the 800-288-2020 number.  It's usually the luck of the draw if you 1) get to the right dept., and 2) if you get a CSR that even knows what your talking about in a case like this. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 25 (1,980 Views)
Tutor

Thanks for your suggestion!  I'm going to get registered over there and make the request.  Hopefully it goes OK, I will post back my results.

Message 5 of 25 (1,961 Views)
Employee

BeeBee ..... agree that calling TS is not the easiest, my suggestion of contacting install tech for smart chat is fastest s they can deal with tier 2 directly.
The post to CC involves more time and resources spent.
Truthfully all visits for installs and repairs should involve getting the contact info, if tech does not volunteer then ask for it.
This just makes sense, if another dept or tech has questions contact info readily available. If you need followup previous tech already familiar.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 25 (1,951 Views)
ACE - Master

Well I have had two tech visits and both left a business card.  I tried to call one of them back for about a week and it would just ring and then go to cell VM.  I would leave a message and no return call.  I flipped it over and tried the managers number he left and the same thing, so at least from my experience calling the tech ain't gonna get-r-done!!  I'm sure some are better than others at answering callers.......Just sayin 

Message 7 of 25 (1,937 Views)
Tutor

Thank you very much BeeBeeSA.  I have been contacted by a community manager who was able to increase our profile to 0SD/4HD.  I appreciate the help!!

Message 8 of 25 (1,908 Views)
ACE - Master

I knew they would fix you up!!

Message 9 of 25 (1,904 Views)
Mentor

What does it mean when it says 0 SD/4HD (WAN); 1 SD/3 HD (Ingress)??

does that mean I Can stream 4 HD ??

Message 10 of 25 (1,865 Views)
ACE - Expert

heyyofan -When you see that on your TV - the 0/4 means 4 HD into the house. The 1/3 means the DVR can handle (view and record simultaneously) 3 HD and 1 SD.
Message 11 of 25 (1,858 Views)
Mentor

how do i know if i can get that upgraded?
Message 12 of 25 (1,836 Views)
Mentor

does my profile mean i can watch 4 shows or what does that mean?
Message 13 of 25 (1,834 Views)
Employee

BeeBee, I have no business card but do leave my ATT cell phone number, my managers office number, my standard work schedule (Thursday-Monday, lates).
I do inform them to please call, and leave message as the company prefers we do not answer our phones when with a client (that current job is our priority).
I do return calls when I can, in addition my manager has covered or had a member of our team cover on my days off or vacation.

That being said not all techs are equal, our backgrounds are different but the training is the same, I cannot wire the way two master electricians in our garage can, I cannot do network setups for businesses they wayone of our techs can with a bachelor in IT.
My strength (background of 20+ years Point of Sale equipment installation and repairs actually fixing equipment) is customer support and troubleshooting....no speed cadet here, slow and methodical with low repeat rates. The repeats are generally from things outside my control such as resolve HPNA cabling issues and have customer DVR go bad three weeks later or bad port or someone disconnecting their line.
Bottom line we are held accountable for any return visit within 30 days of our visit irregardless of cause, if a truck is dispatched that is a repeat. Best way to handle is give customer contact info, and be available to respond if needed. And yes I have had individuals from six months to a year later call and I will still attempt to help resolve their problem even after the 30 days have past.
Employee Contributor*
Message 14 of 25 (1,832 Views)
Employee

Heyyofan....best to download uvrealtime, or if have 3800 RG should be eligible., or check online address for Max internet connection availability.
The current 32 M profile is based on distance (less than2200 feet), noise margin of 15 or better (higher) and Max sync rate available (profile plus 20% minimum)
The 32 M profile allows 4 HD streams and 24 M internet Max, when profiles increase if your profile can support would be upgraded, if not stay same.
If your address check says best internet speed is 18M then on 25 M profile (3HD/1SD) till changes are made (bonded pair with new profiles)
Employee Contributor*
Message 15 of 25 (1,811 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.