Why $556 for two months' service of a $39/month promo?

Tutor

Why $556 for two months' service of a $39/month promo?

I got a promo flyer in the mail in early January that I could get phone & internet bundled for $39 total a month. I called and the person I spoke to confirmed the deal. First bill I got was for $111, which I understand because service guys had to come hook stuff up.  Then $39 was the next bill, which I paid.

Less than one month later, I get a letter from AT&T "Did you forget to pay your bill? You owe $445".  Two separate calls of more than one hour each got me nowhere. 

"You know, of course, that your regular bill will be $69 a month and we had to divide the service charge into three increments and there WAS that $8 late fee because we didn't send you a bill."

I've gotten absolutely nowhere in any of all of this.

A lot of runaround and circular "But remember, you don't owe us anything" and no real itemization of the $445.  How do I get an actual itemized bill sent to me?

Message 1 of 9 (441 Views)
ACE - Guru

Re: Why $556 for two months' service of a $39/month promo?

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9 (439 Views)
Tutor

It took an email to the Better Business Bureau to get anywhere with this.  Still not happy that the original sales person did not let me know of all the charges ahead of time, AND that the second supervisor I talked to had no information about the first supervisor lowering my monthly charge, but they gave me a $108 credit which is about all I can expect

Message 3 of 9 (367 Views)
Contributor

AT&T adding unnecessary charges. I contacted News 8 CT. Had enough
Message 4 of 9 (340 Views)
ACE - Expert

23psalms wrote:

Who gets to say whether a charge is "unnecessary" or not?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 9 (316 Views)

23psalms wrote:

What kind of "unnecessary" charges?  I've looked at my bill and not seeing it.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 6 of 9 (275 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Gotta be the $449 charge for bad/no credit.
Message 7 of 9 (260 Views)

skeeterintexas wrote:
Gotta be the $449 charge for bad/no credit.

more than likely

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 8 of 9 (257 Views)
Tutor

Nope. Overwhelmingly excellent credit for 20+ years.  I just checked my bill and they refunded $300 of it, so I'm satisfied.  Customer service got me nowhere. It took a call to the Better Business Bureau to get any attention.

Message 9 of 9 (250 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.