Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 2, 2014
6:20:51 PM
View profile
Why $556 for two months' service of a $39/month promo?

I got a promo flyer in the mail in early January that I could get phone & internet bundled for $39 total a month. I called and the person I spoke to confirmed the deal. First bill I got was for $111, which I understand because service guys had to come hook stuff up.  Then $39 was the next bill, which I paid.

Less than one month later, I get a letter from AT&T "Did you forget to pay your bill? You owe $445".  Two separate calls of more than one hour each got me nowhere. 

"You know, of course, that your regular bill will be $69 a month and we had to divide the service charge into three increments and there WAS that $8 late fee because we didn't send you a bill."

I've gotten absolutely nowhere in any of all of this.

A lot of runaround and circular "But remember, you don't owe us anything" and no real itemization of the $445.  How do I get an actual itemized bill sent to me?

I got a promo flyer in the mail in early January that I could get phone & internet bundled for $39 total a month. I called and the person I spoke to confirmed the deal. First bill I got was for $111, which I understand because service guys had to come hook stuff up.  Then $39 was the next bill, which I paid.

Less than one month later, I get a letter from AT&T "Did you forget to pay your bill? You owe $445".  Two separate calls of more than one hour each got me nowhere. 

"You know, of course, that your regular bill will be $69 a month and we had to divide the service charge into three increments and there WAS that $8 late fee because we didn't send you a bill."

I've gotten absolutely nowhere in any of all of this.

A lot of runaround and circular "But remember, you don't owe us anything" and no real itemization of the $445.  How do I get an actual itemized bill sent to me?

Why $556 for two months' service of a $39/month promo?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 6:30:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why $556 for two months' service of a $39/month promo?

2 of 9 (425 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 9:44:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

It took an email to the Better Business Bureau to get anywhere with this.  Still not happy that the original sales person did not let me know of all the charges ahead of time, AND that the second supervisor I talked to had no information about the first supervisor lowering my monthly charge, but they gave me a $108 credit which is about all I can expect

It took an email to the Better Business Bureau to get anywhere with this.  Still not happy that the original sales person did not let me know of all the charges ahead of time, AND that the second supervisor I talked to had no information about the first supervisor lowering my monthly charge, but they gave me a $108 credit which is about all I can expect

3 of 9 (353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 5:33:53 PM
(0)
Contributor
AT&T adding unnecessary charges. I contacted News 8 CT. Had enough

4 of 9 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2014 7:17:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

23psalms wrote:

Who gets to say whether a charge is "unnecessary" or not?

23psalms wrote:

Who gets to say whether a charge is "unnecessary" or not?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 9 (302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2014 4:27:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

23psalms wrote:

What kind of "unnecessary" charges?  I've looked at my bill and not seeing it.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

23psalms wrote:

What kind of "unnecessary" charges?  I've looked at my bill and not seeing it.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

6 of 9 (261 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2014 6:54:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Gotta be the $449 charge for bad/no credit.

7 of 9 (246 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2014 8:06:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

skeeterintexas wrote:

more than likely

skeeterintexas wrote:

more than likely

8 of 9 (243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2014 8:48:31 AM
(0)
Tutor

Nope. Overwhelmingly excellent credit for 20+ years.  I just checked my bill and they refunded $300 of it, so I'm satisfied.  Customer service got me nowhere. It took a call to the Better Business Bureau to get any attention.

Nope. Overwhelmingly excellent credit for 20+ years.  I just checked my bill and they refunded $300 of it, so I'm satisfied.  Customer service got me nowhere. It took a call to the Better Business Bureau to get any attention.

9 of 9 (236 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments