Who will really solve this problem???

Highlighted
Contributor

Who will really solve this problem???

[ Edited ]

I ordered U-verse TV and the installer came on Thursday, 11/14/2013.  He was here for almost 4 hours because he said there was a problem with the line to my house.  He did finally get the TV working but was apprehensive about it and told me to call him and not the 800 number if there was a problem.  The TV worked on Friday but Saturday morning the signal was lost.  The installer came back and called another guy who was supposed to be an expert on the line problem.  The two of them were here for almost 4 hours and got it working again but within an hour of their leaving the signal was gone again.  The installer made a big point of telling me again to call him and not the 800 number, so I started calling him at 7:30 p.m. Saturday night and left several messages on his voice mail Saturday and Sunday.  When he still hadn't called me back, I called him Monday morning and was told he would be out of town all day so I asked him to call me when he got back to town.  He did not call me Monday, so I called again Tuesday morning and when I didn't hear from him again I finally realized he had no intention of coming back here.  The next day, Wednesday, 11/20/13, I called to cancel my order.  The person who took that call told me I would not be charged anything because the installation was not successful.  I asked that person to confirm that with an email, but he said he couldn't do that.  I was really annoyed to be told that I had to return the equipment.  Under the circumstances, I felt someone should come and get it.  After that I received a bill for $153.30 and automated phone calls.  On 12/27/2013 I called Customer Service and explained the situation again and was told that I owe nothing and I was given a Confirmation Number H*****  whih was supposed to confirm that I owe nothing and wouldn't be bothered me anymore.  After that I received a bill for $98.34 and yesterday I received a bill from Sunrise Credit Services.  Now this bill has been turned over for collection!!!  I have no faith that anyone I speak to will do what they say, so my question is, who will actually take care of this?  I don't owe AT&T any money because my TV only worked for one day, they couldn't fix the line problem, and because of that I ended up having no TV to watch for six days.  Who has the authority to solve this problem and will actually do it?

[edited for privacy]

Message 1 of 2 (370 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Who will really solve this problem???

Since this is an account specific problem, I'd ask you to please click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope in the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

In the PM you can give them your account information and the best way and time to contact you to get this issue resolved.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (354 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.