Helpful Links

Who should I contact if I feel ATT doesn't value me as a customer?

Who should I contact if I feel ATT doesn't value me as a customer?

(March 8, 2013, in AUSTIN, TX) I was among the 1st residential customer to join ATT Uverse (TV & Internet) when it came to my area in 2009. Up until 6-months ago, I was a regular advocate for ATT Uverse; however ATT's TV & Internet Service has been spotty, and often loses connectivity with content. This month, unfortunately, I have been disappointed to discover that the FREE, 3-month promotional, HBO service isn't free. Without any disclosure, I've discovered a $5 "change fee" applies if I terminate this FREE HBO promo. Also, my bill now includes a $1.99/mo ACCESS FEE, which ATT now charges to view my local stations. Moreover, ATT increased the ELITE Internet service by $3/month, and has implemented a $2/mo fee for its proprietary GATEWAY that had been FREE for 5 years. SO...that's a $12 bonus for ATT, with no increase in product, content and services. (Unless, of course, I decide I MUST have an iPhone app to turn my phone into a Uverse remote.) Just a couple of days ago, ATT Customer Service Rep Daniel in El Paso, informed me that I indeed had been given notice of these changes, and theses charges--the cost of doing business--are being passed onto ATT customers. Not surprisingly, Daniel had to search for 10 minutes to locate each of the respective e-Notices that are posted separately from the e-bill, for which I trustingly signed up ("to save trees"). He could NOT locate an Equipment Fee notice, so he did credit my account a single $2 equipment charge. When I questioned the truthfulness of the FREE 3-month HBO promo, when ATT charges a $5 Change Fee for cancellation (without disclosure), Daniel informed me that I could "view the Change Fee however" I'd like, but it WOULD BE CHARGED. And when I informed Daniel that New Customers could get a $49/mo. rate (plus $150 gift card) for a Uverse TV/Internet pkg, as opposed to the $89 rate (plus $20 tax/fees) I would pay, Daniel said I was ineligible for that rate and that I was "maxed out on the discounts" I can be offered. As for me being a long-term Uverse customer--and potential wireless customer transferring from SPRINT--Daniel welcomed my request to terminate my ATT Uverse service, verifying that MY ROOMMATE could get the PROMO rate as a New Customer; for me, however, NO. Wow! In the 1990s I quit ATT for the poor customer service I experienced with ATT Long Distance Company. I feel like ATT Long Distance IS BACK!  With Daniel's help, I am terminating my Uverse TV/Internet service on March 26, 2013. Is it REALLY ATT's intent to send a 5-year Customer like me to Time Warner Cable to receive New Customer Pricing? And is Verizon the better Cellular company for me? I don't know who exactly I should ask. That is, other than Daniel....I know his answer.

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Who should I contact if I feel ATT doesn't value me as a customer?

Post locked working on original in https://getsocial.att.com/thread/1519

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Employee

Re: Who should I contact if I feel ATT doesn't value me as a customer?

Should have tried to get in contact with retention. While they may not be able to offer you the new cusotmer promo's, they sometimes can offer you a lower rate for the services that you have.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Additional Support