Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 8, 2013
12:10:21 PM
Who should I contact if I feel ATT doesn't value me as a customer?

(March 8, 2013, in AUSTIN, TX) I was among the 1st residential customer to join ATT Uverse (TV & Internet) when it came to my area in 2009. Up until 6-months ago, I was a regular advocate for ATT Uverse; however ATT's TV & Internet Service has been spotty, and often loses connectivity with content. This month, unfortunately, I have been disappointed to discover that the FREE, 3-month promotional, HBO service isn't free. Without any disclosure, I've discovered a $5 "change fee" applies if I terminate this FREE HBO promo. Also, my bill now includes a $1.99/mo ACCESS FEE, which ATT now charges to view my local stations. Moreover, ATT increased the ELITE Internet service by $3/month, and has implemented a $2/mo fee for its proprietary GATEWAY that had been FREE for 5 years. SO...that's a $12 bonus for ATT, with no increase in product, content and services. (Unless, of course, I decide I MUST have an iPhone app to turn my phone into a Uverse remote.) Just a couple of days ago, ATT Customer Service Rep Daniel in El Paso, informed me that I indeed had been given notice of these changes, and theses charges--the cost of doing business--are being passed onto ATT customers. Not surprisingly, Daniel had to search for 10 minutes to locate each of the respective e-Notices that are posted separately from the e-bill, for which I trustingly signed up ("to save trees"). He could NOT locate an Equipment Fee notice, so he did credit my account a single $2 equipment charge. When I questioned the truthfulness of the FREE 3-month HBO promo, when ATT charges a $5 Change Fee for cancellation (without disclosure), Daniel informed me that I could "view the Change Fee however" I'd like, but it WOULD BE CHARGED. And when I informed Daniel that New Customers could get a $49/mo. rate (plus $150 gift card) for a Uverse TV/Internet pkg, as opposed to the $89 rate (plus $20 tax/fees) I would pay, Daniel said I was ineligible for that rate and that I was "maxed out on the discounts" I can be offered. As for me being a long-term Uverse customer--and potential wireless customer transferring from SPRINT--Daniel welcomed my request to terminate my ATT Uverse service, verifying that MY ROOMMATE could get the PROMO rate as a New Customer; for me, however, NO. Wow! In the 1990s I quit ATT for the poor customer service I experienced with ATT Long Distance Company. I feel like ATT Long Distance IS BACK!  With Daniel's help, I am terminating my Uverse TV/Internet service on March 26, 2013. Is it REALLY ATT's intent to send a 5-year Customer like me to Time Warner Cable to receive New Customer Pricing? And is Verizon the better Cellular company for me? I don't know who exactly I should ask. That is, other than Daniel....I know his answer.

(March 8, 2013, in AUSTIN, TX) I was among the 1st residential customer to join ATT Uverse (TV & Internet) when it came to my area in 2009. Up until 6-months ago, I was a regular advocate for ATT Uverse; however ATT's TV & Internet Service has been spotty, and often loses connectivity with content. This month, unfortunately, I have been disappointed to discover that the FREE, 3-month promotional, HBO service isn't free. Without any disclosure, I've discovered a $5 "change fee" applies if I terminate this FREE HBO promo. Also, my bill now includes a $1.99/mo ACCESS FEE, which ATT now charges to view my local stations. Moreover, ATT increased the ELITE Internet service by $3/month, and has implemented a $2/mo fee for its proprietary GATEWAY that had been FREE for 5 years. SO...that's a $12 bonus for ATT, with no increase in product, content and services. (Unless, of course, I decide I MUST have an iPhone app to turn my phone into a Uverse remote.) Just a couple of days ago, ATT Customer Service Rep Daniel in El Paso, informed me that I indeed had been given notice of these changes, and theses charges--the cost of doing business--are being passed onto ATT customers. Not surprisingly, Daniel had to search for 10 minutes to locate each of the respective e-Notices that are posted separately from the e-bill, for which I trustingly signed up ("to save trees"). He could NOT locate an Equipment Fee notice, so he did credit my account a single $2 equipment charge. When I questioned the truthfulness of the FREE 3-month HBO promo, when ATT charges a $5 Change Fee for cancellation (without disclosure), Daniel informed me that I could "view the Change Fee however" I'd like, but it WOULD BE CHARGED. And when I informed Daniel that New Customers could get a $49/mo. rate (plus $150 gift card) for a Uverse TV/Internet pkg, as opposed to the $89 rate (plus $20 tax/fees) I would pay, Daniel said I was ineligible for that rate and that I was "maxed out on the discounts" I can be offered. As for me being a long-term Uverse customer--and potential wireless customer transferring from SPRINT--Daniel welcomed my request to terminate my ATT Uverse service, verifying that MY ROOMMATE could get the PROMO rate as a New Customer; for me, however, NO. Wow! In the 1990s I quit ATT for the poor customer service I experienced with ATT Long Distance Company. I feel like ATT Long Distance IS BACK!  With Daniel's help, I am terminating my Uverse TV/Internet service on March 26, 2013. Is it REALLY ATT's intent to send a 5-year Customer like me to Time Warner Cable to receive New Customer Pricing? And is Verizon the better Cellular company for me? I don't know who exactly I should ask. That is, other than Daniel....I know his answer.

Who should I contact if I feel ATT doesn't value me as a customer?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2013 12:30:44 PM
(0)
Employee

Post locked working on original in https://getsocial.att.com/thread/1519

Post locked working on original in https://getsocial.att.com/thread/1519

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Who should I contact if I feel ATT doesn't value me as a customer?

2 of 3 (614 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2013 6:53:03 PM
(0)
Employee

Should have tried to get in contact with retention. While they may not be able to offer you the new cusotmer promo's, they sometimes can offer you a lower rate for the services that you have.

Should have tried to get in contact with retention. While they may not be able to offer you the new cusotmer promo's, they sometimes can offer you a lower rate for the services that you have.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Who should I contact if I feel ATT doesn't value me as a customer?

3 of 3 (420 Views)