Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 24, 2013
10:14:11 AM
View profile
Where's the service?
I recently moved to another house in my neighborhood. I had Uverse service at my old address, but when I checked to see if it was available at my new address, it showed it was not. I checked the house to the left and right of me and both had service available. I contacted customer service about the issue and after a few days, they were able to force my address green. It was explained to me, that on occasion, addresses get missed. After settling the availability issue, I was told I wouldn't be able to have my service transferred until 10/02/13!! That's insane!! I spoke with other reps and even reps at the corporate level and though they were nice, I keep feeling like I'm getting the run around. Phone calls were never returned as promised and I'm getting fed up. I have no TV, Internet, or phone service. If it were just me, I could live with that, but I have a wife and two kids. I don't understand why an exsisting customer has to wait, what will total about three weeks, to get service transferred? This is absolutely unacceptable and quite frankly an extremely poor way to treat a customer. I don't know how much further I can take my dissatisfaction up the chain of command, but if I could tell the CEO myself, I certainly would.
I recently moved to another house in my neighborhood. I had Uverse service at my old address, but when I checked to see if it was available at my new address, it showed it was not. I checked the house to the left and right of me and both had service available. I contacted customer service about the issue and after a few days, they were able to force my address green. It was explained to me, that on occasion, addresses get missed. After settling the availability issue, I was told I wouldn't be able to have my service transferred until 10/02/13!! That's insane!! I spoke with other reps and even reps at the corporate level and though they were nice, I keep feeling like I'm getting the run around. Phone calls were never returned as promised and I'm getting fed up. I have no TV, Internet, or phone service. If it were just me, I could live with that, but I have a wife and two kids. I don't understand why an exsisting customer has to wait, what will total about three weeks, to get service transferred? This is absolutely unacceptable and quite frankly an extremely poor way to treat a customer. I don't know how much further I can take my dissatisfaction up the chain of command, but if I could tell the CEO myself, I certainly would.

Where's the service?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 2:54:26 PM
(0)
Employee
Congrats on being turned green and now available fir Uverse services.

Most all markets are at about three weeks regardless of new or existing status.
Limited techs per market, limited installs per day in 9-11, 11-1, and 1-3 time frames.
The system allows xxx installs per day based on number of techs scheduled to work.
As uverse techs cover 7 days per week some are off Sunday, Monday, others Sunday and Thursfay, and still others Tuesday and Wednesday. 6
Only newer tech work Monday to Friday with weekends off. No installs on Sunday, only Mon to Sat. For installation dates.
In new or expanding markets wait times have been up to six weeks, to help techs are sometimes pulled from other markets (including out of state) if result is not longer delay in markets pulled from.
Congrats on being turned green and now available fir Uverse services.

Most all markets are at about three weeks regardless of new or existing status.
Limited techs per market, limited installs per day in 9-11, 11-1, and 1-3 time frames.
The system allows xxx installs per day based on number of techs scheduled to work.
As uverse techs cover 7 days per week some are off Sunday, Monday, others Sunday and Thursfay, and still others Tuesday and Wednesday. 6
Only newer tech work Monday to Friday with weekends off. No installs on Sunday, only Mon to Sat. For installation dates.
In new or expanding markets wait times have been up to six weeks, to help techs are sometimes pulled from other markets (including out of state) if result is not longer delay in markets pulled from.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Where's the service?

2 of 6 (243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 4:35:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

3 of 6 (216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 4:43:09 PM
(0)
Tutor
That's an AT&T problem that's spilling over to it's customers. If AT&T is that busy, it's time to hire and train more techs. I've noticed the shift towards selling service, but they're not keeping up with demand. That's bad bad bad. As an exsisting customer, I'm the one who's going to tell my friends, family, etc. about my experience. At this juncture, it won't be positive. It's time to revamp whatever SOPs are in place and perhaps raise minimum staffing levels. Exsisting customers should take first priority, as new customers probably have service of some sort through another service provider. Right now, I have nothing and that is absolutely unacceptable.
That's an AT&T problem that's spilling over to it's customers. If AT&T is that busy, it's time to hire and train more techs. I've noticed the shift towards selling service, but they're not keeping up with demand. That's bad bad bad. As an exsisting customer, I'm the one who's going to tell my friends, family, etc. about my experience. At this juncture, it won't be positive. It's time to revamp whatever SOPs are in place and perhaps raise minimum staffing levels. Exsisting customers should take first priority, as new customers probably have service of some sort through another service provider. Right now, I have nothing and that is absolutely unacceptable.

4 of 6 (215 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 5:42:55 PM
(0)
Employee
I totally agree with need to hire and train, ATT has been on a constant hiring for two years plus, in all areas of uverse.
As the largest private union employer in the United States with over 250, 000 employees in 22 states, ATT has been expanding when most companies have been stable or downsizing in this economy the past five years.
From posting date, application, testing, interviewing,training i suspect is a four to 5 month process, with classes running double to meet the need.
An individual who was hired and started Sept 1, 2013 will not complete training and make an impact on the work load till middle of October.
I would estimate the cost of hiring and training one tech to be $10k, equipping the same tech with a vehicle, tools,equipment, stock to be $ 40k total $50k.

Check your area, my area has been consistently posting for Premise Tech (SE...Wire Tech) since summer 2011, suspect 200 plus techs hired and trained just for our one market, there are three unique markets in my state.

Now concerning should existing customers be allowed to skip the line, that concept was not popular in grade school, how do you think that would work in an adult society.
The privileged stepping over the masses,or everyone gets same opportunity based on when requesting services,and services approved (as you were listed non available originally).

Ticket ordering system, based on when not who, may not suit everybody but is the fairest, other possible option is daily lottery and be called when your turn is picked...may wait three days may wait six months.
I totally agree with need to hire and train, ATT has been on a constant hiring for two years plus, in all areas of uverse.
As the largest private union employer in the United States with over 250, 000 employees in 22 states, ATT has been expanding when most companies have been stable or downsizing in this economy the past five years.
From posting date, application, testing, interviewing,training i suspect is a four to 5 month process, with classes running double to meet the need.
An individual who was hired and started Sept 1, 2013 will not complete training and make an impact on the work load till middle of October.
I would estimate the cost of hiring and training one tech to be $10k, equipping the same tech with a vehicle, tools,equipment, stock to be $ 40k total $50k.

Check your area, my area has been consistently posting for Premise Tech (SE...Wire Tech) since summer 2011, suspect 200 plus techs hired and trained just for our one market, there are three unique markets in my state.

Now concerning should existing customers be allowed to skip the line, that concept was not popular in grade school, how do you think that would work in an adult society.
The privileged stepping over the masses,or everyone gets same opportunity based on when requesting services,and services approved (as you were listed non available originally).

Ticket ordering system, based on when not who, may not suit everybody but is the fairest, other possible option is daily lottery and be called when your turn is picked...may wait three days may wait six months.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (205 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2013 9:38:39 AM
(0)
Scholar
Maybe AT&T should just pull back on the Marketing a bit and save that money to hire the techs at a better salary.
Maybe AT&T should just pull back on the Marketing a bit and save that money to hire the techs at a better salary.

6 of 6 (172 Views)