Ask a question

Posted Jun 2, 2013
    3:13:16 PM
    View profile
    Where is the Hallmark channel?

Just wondering why the Hallmark channel is not in the Uverse lineup?

Where is the Hallmark channel?

2 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (2)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 17, 2013 10:26:47 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

Claiming Hallmark wants too much doesn't add up.  UVerse competition, which typically charges less, is paying Crown Media this fee.

Re: Where is the Hallmark channel?

2 of 3 (2,317 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 17, 2013 10:50:40 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

There is allot more that goes into the equation behind the scenes.  One cable company can strike a deal to carry the channels where another provider like Uverse has to strike a separate deal to carry them.  AT&T decided it was not worth the price they wanted to charge so they are no more.  It's free enterprise.

Here is AT&T's take on it:

AT&T: We are very disappointed that Hallmark has refused to provide AT&T and its customers with a fair deal one that is no worse than similarly-sized and smaller providers and refused to adhere to key obligations under our current deal. We offered to extend the current deal while talks continued, and Hallmark rejected that offer. We don’t want customers to lose their programming, but we believe strongly that our customers should not have to pay more than their fair share for Hallmark’s channels, which is exactly what Hallmark is demanding.” 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Where is the Hallmark channel?

3 of 3 (2,317 Views)