Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 29, 2013
1:50:35 PM
When is Kansas City getting 45mbps
I live in an apartment in Overland Park, Kansas and I have been told that the service was going to be upgraded today. I have the 3801HGV and I live 1300 feet from the box.

I am a bit confused as the people living further away get a better router than I do. Can someone explain?

Also, why doesn't anyone know when speeds will be upgraded?

Why when I call support or exchange routers my wifi never goes past 16-17 Mbps on a plan of 24. I have used istumbler and other apps to find the best channels, even switched my security from wpa2 to wpa and still no difference.
I live in an apartment in Overland Park, Kansas and I have been told that the service was going to be upgraded today. I have the 3801HGV and I live 1300 feet from the box.

I am a bit confused as the people living further away get a better router than I do. Can someone explain?

Also, why doesn't anyone know when speeds will be upgraded?

Why when I call support or exchange routers my wifi never goes past 16-17 Mbps on a plan of 24. I have used istumbler and other apps to find the best channels, even switched my security from wpa2 to wpa and still no difference.

When is Kansas City getting 45mbps

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2013 2:07:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Fromn the article found in the link below:

AT&T said it will unleash its new 45 Mbps “Power” broadband tier to five more states this Sunday (Sept. 29), launches that will essentially complete the rollout of this round of speed upgrades for the telco's U-verse platform.

But only about half of AT&T’s U-verse sub base will be able to order the faster service right away, the company confirmed.

The Power offering pairs the 45 Mbps downstream with a 6 Mbps upstream. AT&T is selling the new tier for an introductory price of $49.95 per month to customers who agree to a two-year contract and bundle it with U-verse TV and voice services. Following the introductory offer period, the 45-Meg Power tier rises to $76 per month.

The latest batch of upgrades will apply pricing and speed pressure on AT&T cable competitors. Markets set to get the Power tier on Sunday include: Fort Smith and Little Rock, Ark.; Topeka and Wichita, Kan.; Springfield, Kansas City and St. Louis, Mo.; Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Okla.; and several cities in Texas -- Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas/Ft. Worth, El Paso, Houston, Lubbock, Midland and San Antonio.

http://www.multichannel.com/index.php?q=distribution/att-set-wrap-u-verse-speed-upgrade/145688

Fromn the article found in the link below:

AT&T said it will unleash its new 45 Mbps “Power” broadband tier to five more states this Sunday (Sept. 29), launches that will essentially complete the rollout of this round of speed upgrades for the telco's U-verse platform.

But only about half of AT&T’s U-verse sub base will be able to order the faster service right away, the company confirmed.

The Power offering pairs the 45 Mbps downstream with a 6 Mbps upstream. AT&T is selling the new tier for an introductory price of $49.95 per month to customers who agree to a two-year contract and bundle it with U-verse TV and voice services. Following the introductory offer period, the 45-Meg Power tier rises to $76 per month.

The latest batch of upgrades will apply pricing and speed pressure on AT&T cable competitors. Markets set to get the Power tier on Sunday include: Fort Smith and Little Rock, Ark.; Topeka and Wichita, Kan.; Springfield, Kansas City and St. Louis, Mo.; Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Okla.; and several cities in Texas -- Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas/Ft. Worth, El Paso, Houston, Lubbock, Midland and San Antonio.

http://www.multichannel.com/index.php?q=distribution/att-set-wrap-u-verse-speed-upgrade/145688

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: When is Kansas City getting 45mbps

2 of 6 (590 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2013 2:12:02 PM
(0)
Teacher
The base of customers this applies too would be who? I have 65 Mbps bandwidth total yet I'm stuck on 24...this doesn't make sense.

Every tech that comes out says my connection is perfect and shows me the amount of available bandwidth.
The base of customers this applies too would be who? I have 65 Mbps bandwidth total yet I'm stuck on 24...this doesn't make sense.

Every tech that comes out says my connection is perfect and shows me the amount of available bandwidth.

3 of 6 (585 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2013 2:15:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Sep 29, 2013 at 2:16:48 PM

maverick8550 wrote:

You're asking questions that cannot be answered by the members of this forum.  We only know the information contained in the article.

maverick8550 wrote:

You're asking questions that cannot be answered by the members of this forum.  We only know the information contained in the article.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2013 4:56:44 PM
(0)
Teacher
I guess you're right.
I guess you're right.

5 of 6 (543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2013 6:07:08 PM
(0)
Employee
The new available internet tier is now available tobe ordered in your general region. The 3801 RG that you have is the best RG at your 1300 foot distance on a sngle pair. The RG you state some have is for bonded pair, the 589, this is also the RG used in providing for the Power Internet of 45 M on a 55 profile.
If you so desire you may order this new service, install price is $99, requires an installation appointment, and a few hours to install from cross box to completion
Otherwise currently the best profile on a single pair install (your current) is a 32M profile with 24M internet, which you have regardless of what your outside sync rate is.

Are your wifi test wired or wireless, in an apartment complex more opportunities for interference, all tests should be run hardwired with all tvs off, no recordings taking place.
The new available internet tier is now available tobe ordered in your general region. The 3801 RG that you have is the best RG at your 1300 foot distance on a sngle pair. The RG you state some have is for bonded pair, the 589, this is also the RG used in providing for the Power Internet of 45 M on a 55 profile.
If you so desire you may order this new service, install price is $99, requires an installation appointment, and a few hours to install from cross box to completion
Otherwise currently the best profile on a single pair install (your current) is a 32M profile with 24M internet, which you have regardless of what your outside sync rate is.

Are your wifi test wired or wireless, in an apartment complex more opportunities for interference, all tests should be run hardwired with all tvs off, no recordings taking place.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (527 Views)