When did the Weather Channel (225/1225) go interactive?!

ACE - Master

When did the Weather Channel (225/1225) go interactive?!

[ Edited ]

It may not be Local on the 8's but when did TWC (225/1225) start going interactive with functionality like 227?  There is no current precip, so I can't judge the radar quality but I never noticed this before.  I saw a pop-up over the screen that said to press okay to go interactive.  Could this be a jump toward LOT8's?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 8 (744 Views)

Re: When did the Weather Channel (225/1225) go interactive?!

It way better then Local in the 8's Its Local on the 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9's

Message 2 of 8 (726 Views)
ACE - Master

Yeah but even the Locals on the 8's "time slot" seems much improved, i.e, instead of showing a map of each region as they did for years, there is now a radar/satelite composite.  I still want LOT8s and am hoping thatb this is a step toward that.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8 (722 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

To the left of the screen, it says:

Winter Update

Extreme Boulevard

Local on the 8s  <-- Note

Weather Center Live

Winter Storm Cleon (The winter storm has a name?)

So what is that about?  Has that always been a part of The Weather Channel?  Have we always gotten The Weather Channel?  Isn't this what everyone's been howling about, Lot8s?

Message 4 of 8 (718 Views)
ACE - Master

skeeterintexas wrote:

Winter Update

Extreme Boulevard

Weather Center Live

So what is that about?  Has that always been a part of The Weather Channel?  Have we always gotten The Weather Channel?  Isn't this what everyone's been howling about, Lot8s?

Maybe, maybe not.  I have not seen true LOT8 functionslity but it is a start.  

Message 5 of 8 (684 Views)
Scholar

I think they just rolled it out in the last couple of days. It just showed up on google alerts for me, its not quite local on the 8s but its close once you get it set up i am satisfied with it it gives me the same info that i have here from other sources.

Message 6 of 8 (655 Views)
ACE - Professor

skeeterintexas wrote:

Winter Update

Extreme Boulevard

Weather Center Live

Give the channel a bit to load and a pop up on the left side of the screen will show up saying "Press OK to go interactive"

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 7 of 8 (622 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

TWC also shows under Weather from the Go Interactive.button.

Message 8 of 8 (586 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.