Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 14, 2014
6:54:40 PM
View profile
When I turn on my DVR I see an x with a "4" under it. Unplugging/restarting the unit did nothing.

When I turn my DVR on, I can only see a red x with a "4" under it. Unplugging/ restarting the unit did nothing. Whats wrong with it? 

When I turn my DVR on, I can only see a red x with a "4" under it. Unplugging/ restarting the unit did nothing. Whats wrong with it? 

When I turn on my DVR I see an x with a "4" under it. Unplugging/restarting the unit did nothing.

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 11:55:00 PM
(0)
Employee
Anytime have RED X,check for a link light...connection to RG required.
if one step does not solve, advance to next step
1) reboot receiver (DVR) wait 5 minutes.
2) unplug..plug in three dots..repeat three times till get single gear...wait 15 minutes.
3) factory reset DVR...depress power, ok, down for 10 seconds...release power....wait till front lights flash three times...release ok down...wait 15 minutes
4) call or chat for replacement
Anytime have RED X,check for a link light...connection to RG required.
if one step does not solve, advance to next step
1) reboot receiver (DVR) wait 5 minutes.
2) unplug..plug in three dots..repeat three times till get single gear...wait 15 minutes.
3) factory reset DVR...depress power, ok, down for 10 seconds...release power....wait till front lights flash three times...release ok down...wait 15 minutes
4) call or chat for replacement
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: When I turn on my DVR I see an x with a "4" under it. Unplugging/restarting the unit d

2 of 3 (250 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 9:30:40 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello @Erinkatie 

Just checking up on your post. I noticed 'My Thoughts' posted some helpful suggestions to resolve this issue. Are you still seeing the Red X on the TV? If so, let me know and I'll be glad to help you organize a replacement. I'm going to send you a Private Message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello @Erinkatie 

Just checking up on your post. I noticed 'My Thoughts' posted some helpful suggestions to resolve this issue. Are you still seeing the Red X on the TV? If so, let me know and I'll be glad to help you organize a replacement. I'm going to send you a Private Message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: When I turn on my DVR I see an x with a "4" under it. Unplugging/restarting the unit d

3 of 3 (201 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments