Helpful Links

What other HD channels are left for Att Uverse?

Scholar

What other HD channels are left for Att Uverse?

We got a tons of Hd channels, more than Comcast, and Satellite combined. I would like to see Blaze, Revision3 and Epix HD!
Message 1 of 56
ACE - Master

Re: What other HD channels are left for Att Uverse?

One of the coax based services also dumped the fee and I did not see their rates go up unless they spread it out, over years and years.  But how long will this fee go on for?  2014, 2024, 2124?  I also wonder if U-Verse was around in 1970, there would be a "Color TV program fee" and we would still be paying that? Smiley Very Happy

On the Wireless front, rates have kind of held steady with no "4G Technology fee."

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 46 of 56
Employee

Dhascall, yoyr comment about how long will fee last made me think of federal excise taxes aka as luxury taxes.
While the gas excise taxes is designed for infrastructure improvements what is tax on luxury tax on tires, we do not need autos, can rely on walking, bicycling or public transportation.
How about the excise tax on alcohol or tobacco?

In effect while not a federal mandate tax the HD fee is a luxury fee so until the major content providers no longer offer SD only offer HD (say goodbye Lucy reruns) I believe the fee will continue as in the 70s had leaded gas and higher price unleaded (they did not add lead and charged more).
As Comcast owns either outright or jointly TCN, Comcast SportsNet, MLB Network, NHL Network, E!, NBCSN, NBCUniversal, PBS Kids Sprout, Golf Channel, FEARnet and some locals while others

And Comcast is smaller than leader Disney with ABC and 80% of ESPN. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney
Second in line is TWC with HBO, Cinamax, CNN, Turner Broadcasting, list, NBA digital and Warner Bros Sudio.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_Time_Warner

Conclusion when the above companies turn lights out on SD programming, HD becomes the new standard the fee will disappear, but would not expect the price to drop (did unlead gas price decrease when leaded was no longer available)

But hey, these are just my thoughts....
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 47 of 56
Professor

my thoughts wrote:

But hey, these are just my thoughts....

I see what you did there...

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 48 of 56
Scholar

I would like to see Military and Military History in HD.  I would think these would not be expensive but probably have a small audience. 

Message 49 of 56
ACE - Master

Ncal wrote:

I would like to see Military and Military History in HD.  I would think these would not be expensive but probably have a small audience. 

Military Channel is available in HD but only on two of the major providers , with a third offering it in only a few markets.  Mil History is not broadcast in HD, at this time, anywhere.  The former is one that U-Verse may add but it will be a while,as the channel started its HD broadcasting only in this past year.  Check the AVS Forum list, here.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 50 of 56
ACE - Professor

oufanindallas wrote:

I don't pay the HD fee, but I'm on U450 and pay more for my package.  I can't remember if it was Dish or Direct that had to stop advertising the "Free HD" because all they did was raise their rates to cover the fee.  I'm sure that HD equipment has been more than paid for and I'd like to think that the fees involved are going into R&D to allow for more streams, increased internet speeds, etc, but I'm sure the majority is going into the profit column.

Maybe you're thinking of Time Warner? The interesting thing with them (and probably most cable companies) is that they don't charge an "HD fee" but they do charge a familiar $10 fee for their first box and an additional fee per DVR.

FWIW, I looked up the cost of two HD-DVRs to have a setup on TW, similar to what AT&T has with their "total home DVR" service and it was approximately $30/mo after discounts! AT&T charges $10 for the HD and then an additional fee per box in some cases.

Message 51 of 56
ACE - Master

baseballisback wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

I don't pay the HD fee, but I'm on U450 and pay more for my package.  I can't remember if it was Dish or Direct that had to stop advertising the "Free HD" because all they did was raise their rates to cover the fee.  I'm sure that HD equipment has been more than paid for and I'd like to think that the fees involved are going into R&D to allow for more streams, increased internet speeds, etc, but I'm sure the majority is going into the profit column.

Maybe you're thinking of Time Warner? The interesting thing with them (and probably most cable companies) is that they don't charge an "HD fee" but they do charge a familiar $10 fee for their first box and an additional fee per DVR.

FWIW, I looked up the cost of two HD-DVRs to have a setup on TW, similar to what AT&T has with their "total home DVR" service and it was approximately $30/mo after discounts! AT&T charges $10 for the HD and then an additional fee per box in some cases.

Yup, it's TWC.  I scan their rates every once in a while as I pay for my dad's minimalist basic cable, where he lives in North Carolina.  He doesn't get HD or even have a box, as far as I know.  But I do recall them offering HD for life.  I will say that AT&T U-Verse rates are fairly low but I do wonder at some point, if they will get closer to other cable co. pricing?

Message 52 of 56
Contributor

NHL Network and NHL Center Ice - every other provider in my area has both. Totally unacceptable.

Message 53 of 56
Mentor

There are 282 channels available in HD, 71 of those are premium channels. AT&T have 179 non-premium, 46 premium, 1 3D, and 4 foreign language channels in HD. The only major pay-TV providor that has more channels in HD is Bright House with 183 non-premium, 15 regional non-premium, 46 premium, and 7 foreign language channels in HD.

Channels broadcast in HD but not carried by AT&T are:

Non-Premium

• Africa Channel
  • Al Jazeera America
  • Aspire
  • Audience Network
  • BBC World News
  • Bloomberg Televison
  • BlueHighways TV
  • C-SPAN
  • C-SPAN2
  • C-SPAN3
  • Cars.TV
  • CNN International
  • Comedy.TV
  • El Rey Network
  • ES.TV
  • eScapes Network
  • EWTN
  • FamilyNet
  • Fashion TV 
  • FEARnet
  • Fox College Sports
  • Great American Country
  • Hallmark Channel
  • Hallmark Movie Channel
  • Inspiration Network
  • Jewelry TV
  • Mav TV
  • Military
  • MLB Strike Zone
  • Music Choice HD
  • MyDestination.TV
  • NASA TV
  • NHK World TV
  • NHL Network
  • Nick Jr.
  • Nicktoons Network
  • One America News Networks
  • Outside Television 
  • Pentagon Channel
  • QVC Plus
  • Pets.TV
  • PixL HD
  • Pursuit Channel 
  • Recipe.TV
  • Retirement Living TV
  • Revolt TV
  • RFD-TV
  • ShopHQ
  • Sportsman Channel
  • TCT Network
  • TheBlaze TV
  • TVGN
  • Universal Sports Network
  • UP
  • Veria Living
  • Weather Nation
  • Willow Cricket

Premium

• Encore Black
  • Encore Classic
  • Encore Suspense
  • Epix
  • Epix West
  • Epix 2
  • Epix 3
  • MoviePlex
  • IndiePlex
  • RetroPlex
  • Sho Beyond
  • Sho Beyond West
  • Sho Next
  • Sho Next West
  • Sho Woman
  • Sho Woman West
  • Starz Cinema
  • Starz in Black
  • Hustler

Foreign Language

• Antena3 HD
  • Cine Sony Television
  • EWTN Espanol
  • Fox Deportes
  • Galavision
  • MBC Drama USA HD
  • Multimedios Television
  • Russia Today
  • Sony Entertainment TV
  • Ultra Cine
  • Ultra Clasico
  • Ultra Duco
  • Ultra Fiesta
  • Ultra Flim
  • Ultra Kidz
  • Ultra Luna
  • Ultra Macho
  • Ultra Mex 
  • Univision Telenovelas
  • Zee TV

RSN (Main, Alternate, Overflow, Subscription)

• Pac-12 Network  - Arizona
  • Pac - 12 Network - Mountain
  • Pac-12 Network - Oregon
  • Pac-12 Network - Washington
  • MLB Extra Innings
  • MLS Direct Kick
  • NHL Center Ice
  • Altitude Sports & Entertainment
  • Bright House Sports Network
  • Cox Sports TV (New Orleans) 
  • CSN Houston 
  • CSN Mid-Atlantic
  • CSN Northwest
  • CSN Philadelphia
  • CSS
  • Fox Sports North
  • Fox Sports Ohio (Cleveland) 
  • MASN 
  • Metro Sports
  • Midco Sports Network 
  • Roots Sports Northwest 
  • Roots Sports Pittsburgh 
  • Roots Sports Rocky Mountain 
  • Altitude Sports 2 
  • Channel 4 San Diego
  • CSN Bay Area Alt 
  • CSN Mid-Atlantic Alt
  • Fox College Sports Alt
  • Fox Sports Arizona Plus 
  • Fox Sports Florida Plus 
  • Fox Sports North Plus 
  • Fox Sports Oklahoma 
  • Fox Sports South Plus
  • Fox Sports South Plus 2 
  • Fox Sports Wisconsin Alt 
  • MASN 2 
  • MSG2 Alt
  • MSG+2 Alt
  • MSG/MSG+ Alt 3 Buffalo 
  • NESN Alt 
  • Oceanic Sports 
  • Roots Sports Northwest Alt 
  • Roots Sports Rocky Mountain Alt 
  • Roots Sports Utah 
  • SportsSouth Plus 
  • SportsSouth Plus 2
  • Sun Sports Plus 
  • TCN 
  • TWC Sports  NY 
  • TWC Sports Ohio 
  • TWC Sports Texas 
  • TWC Sports Wisconsin 
  • YES Network Alt

TBD

• AccuWeather Channel
  • Chiller
  • Daystar
  • HRTV
  • Ron Paul Channel
  • SEC Network
  • Teen Nick
  • Encore Espanol
  • Encore Family
  • Encore Westerns
  • Flix
  • Flix West
  • Sho Family Zone
  • Sho Family Zone West
  • SportsNetLA
Message 54 of 56
ACE - Professor

Was there not a rumor last year that the other Nick channels were going to go HD?
Message 55 of 56
Highlighted
Mentor

Nick Jr and Nicktoons are available in HD. Maybe when the current contract is up, they will be added to the lineup.

Message 56 of 56
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support