Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 1, 2014
11:12:35 AM
What other HD channels are left for Att Uverse?
We got a tons of Hd channels, more than Comcast, and Satellite combined. I would like to see Blaze, Revision3 and Epix HD!
We got a tons of Hd channels, more than Comcast, and Satellite combined. I would like to see Blaze, Revision3 and Epix HD!

What other HD channels are left for Att Uverse?

55 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(55)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 11:23:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Brianbastos wrote:

Blaze TV?  No thank you.

Revision 3? Online only.

Epix TV?  Sounds cool.  That's the one I could vote for.

Brianbastos wrote:

Blaze TV?  No thank you.

Revision 3? Online only.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What other HD channels are left for Att Uverse?

2 of 56 (2,432 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 11:28:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

skeeterintexas wrote:

Brianbastos wrote:

Blaze TV?  No thank you.

Revision 3? Online only.

The NASA and Military channels would be good. Of course, getting back the Hallmark Channels and NHL Network would be good.

I mentioned MLB Network Strike Zone on another thread.

http://mlb.mlb.com/network/promotions/strike_zone.jsp

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

skeeterintexas wrote:

Brianbastos wrote:

Blaze TV?  No thank you.

Revision 3? Online only.

The NASA and Military channels would be good. Of course, getting back the Hallmark Channels and NHL Network would be good.

I mentioned MLB Network Strike Zone on another thread.

http://mlb.mlb.com/network/promotions/strike_zone.jsp

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 56 (2,428 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 11:51:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
NHL. Other sports packs similar to NBA League Pass. That's all I really need...then again, the sports packs are all available through the league sites and thus, available wherever you go.
NHL. Other sports packs similar to NBA League Pass. That's all I really need...then again, the sports packs are all available through the league sites and thus, available wherever you go.

4 of 56 (2,418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 11:53:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
I think NASA and NASA HD should be on U-100, since tax dollars fund the channel and I can watch for free via their site, but apparently, someone else thinks differently. Smiley Sad
I think NASA and NASA HD should be on U-100, since tax dollars fund the channel and I can watch for free via their site, but apparently, someone else thinks differently. Smiley Sad

5 of 56 (2,417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 1:59:28 PM
(0)
Contributor

Not sure if ESPN Classic is in HD.  But if it is, I like to see it be added to the lineup.  Don't forget later this year the SEC Network will be added to Uverse lineup.  This channel is own by ESPN.  Therefore adding ESPN Classic HD would complete ESPN family of network (all in HD).

Not sure if ESPN Classic is in HD.  But if it is, I like to see it be added to the lineup.  Don't forget later this year the SEC Network will be added to Uverse lineup.  This channel is own by ESPN.  Therefore adding ESPN Classic HD would complete ESPN family of network (all in HD).

6 of 56 (2,386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 2:06:47 PM
(0)
Scholar

I would guess that since ESPN Classic shows a lot of old sporting events that were not broadcasted in HD, there is no ESPN Classic HD in existence.  I could be wrong though.

I would guess that since ESPN Classic shows a lot of old sporting events that were not broadcasted in HD, there is no ESPN Classic HD in existence.  I could be wrong though.

7 of 56 (2,381 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 2:51:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I looked up on the AVS Forum, and there is no ESPN Classic in high definition.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1462894/official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-dbs-fiber-iptv-upda...

I looked up on the AVS Forum, and there is no ESPN Classic in high definition.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1462894/official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-dbs-fiber-iptv-updated-11-21-13

8 of 56 (2,373 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 5:30:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
A birdie told me that ESPN didn't know what to do with Classic. A few years ago, they were considering converting it into an international sports channel to compete with channels like FOX Soccer Plus, BeIN, etc.
A birdie told me that ESPN didn't know what to do with Classic. A few years ago, they were considering converting it into an international sports channel to compete with channels like FOX Soccer Plus, BeIN, etc.

9 of 56 (2,343 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 6:21:38 PM
(0)
Scholar

These three are already available in standard def on U-verse, but would like to see HD channels for those.

Chiller

Indie

Retro

These three are not on U-verse, but would like to see added.

BBC World News

Al Jazzera America

FEARNet

These three are already available in standard def on U-verse, but would like to see HD channels for those.

Chiller

Indie

Retro

These three are not on U-verse, but would like to see added.

BBC World News

Al Jazzera America

FEARNet

iPhone 5S Verizon Wireless

10 of 56 (2,327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 6:59:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

Chiller

Indie

Retro

Are these channels actually available in HD?

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

Chiller

Indie

Retro

11 of 56 (2,315 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 7:54:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

texasguy37 wrote:

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

Chiller

Indie

Retro

According to the latest AVS National HD Channel Lineup, there is a Chiller HD, but no one carries it. There are no Indie or Retro HD channels.

texasguy37 wrote:

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

Chiller

Indie

Retro

According to the latest AVS National HD Channel Lineup, there is a Chiller HD, but no one carries it. There are no Indie or Retro HD channels.

12 of 56 (2,297 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 8:48:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
I'd love the extra premium channels to be letterbox HD. It would make unblocking them easier. Right now, it's too easy to miss one or unblock both SD and HD.
I'd love the extra premium channels to be letterbox HD. It would make unblocking them easier. Right now, it's too easy to miss one or unblock both SD and HD.

13 of 56 (2,279 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2014 3:35:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

I say U-verse should also add all three C-SPAN channels in HD.  Time-Warner in New York carries them, although Time-Warner in Orange County doesn't.

I say U-verse should also add all three C-SPAN channels in HD.  Time-Warner in New York carries them, although Time-Warner in Orange County doesn't.

14 of 56 (2,124 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 1:49:53 PM
(0)
Scholar

dwinth wrote:

texasguy37 wrote:

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

Chiller

Indie

Retro

Looks like you're right, both Indie and Retro are not available in HD.  Sorry, my mistake.

dwinth wrote:

texasguy37 wrote:

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

Chiller

Indie

Retro

Looks like you're right, both Indie and Retro are not available in HD.  Sorry, my mistake.

15 of 56 (2,056 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 3:40:18 PM
(0)
Mentor

The extra premiums that are in SD only for Starz and Showtime would be nice but I think DirecTV has a deal on those where only they get them in HD.

The extra premiums that are in SD only for Starz and Showtime would be nice but I think DirecTV has a deal on those where only they get them in HD.

16 of 56 (2,040 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 1:18:45 AM
(0)
Scholar

dwinth wrote:

texasguy37 wrote:

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

Chiller

Indie

Retro

OK, I just rechecked the AVS National HD Channel Lineup and apparantly there are HD channels for Indie and Retro except they are listed in the chart as premium channels and they are identified as "Indie Plex" and "Retro Plex".  I don't know if they are the same channels as Indie and Retro.  The HD channels are currently available on Dish, Cox, Charter and Brighthouse, and are available on a limited basis on Comcast and are about to be added to Time Warner.

dwinth wrote:

texasguy37 wrote:

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

Chiller

Indie

Retro

OK, I just rechecked the AVS National HD Channel Lineup and apparantly there are HD channels for Indie and Retro except they are listed in the chart as premium channels and they are identified as "Indie Plex" and "Retro Plex".  I don't know if they are the same channels as Indie and Retro.  The HD channels are currently available on Dish, Cox, Charter and Brighthouse, and are available on a limited basis on Comcast and are about to be added to Time Warner.

17 of 56 (1,981 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 3:43:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

why? does anyone actually watch c-span?  I think I read not too long ago that it was going to go back down to just one c-span channel.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

why? does anyone actually watch c-span?  I think I read not too long ago that it was going to go back down to just one c-span channel.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

18 of 56 (1,970 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 5:43:34 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by LoveHD on Jan 7, 2014 at 5:47:12 AM

I think what will ultimately happen is that every programmer in the United States will be in HD. It doesn't mean every individual program, especially an example with an old movie, is going to appear in high definition. But that every programmer [broadcast, cable] will be a linear high def.

What I believe is the case with AT&T U-verse, and just about any provider, is that it cannot carry everything just yet. Concern is likely with the combination of capacity and costs.

For the sake of this thread, I am wanting to see Al Jazeera America, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel, and NHL Network returned to the lineup and made available in high definition. AT&T U-verse's most recent additions of Independent Film Channel HD, Sundance Channel HD, and We TV HD, which are all a part of AMC Networks (which also owns AMC and Fuse), is really good. I think a completion of programmer brands' ownership, from whichever companies, may also play a role of what's left to consider with when they will get added. For example, just recently Viacom expanded high definition with Nicktoons and Scripps expanded high definition with Great American Country. One can take note of that and estimate from that a theme involving "more of what may come." But I also think it's not a bad idea to consider the news-based programmers Bloomberg Television, C-Span, C-Span 2, and C-Span 3 getting added, by AT&T U-verse, in high def. (Bloomberg Television HD is available from many providers. C-Spans, at least with the first, also have a rival-providers' presence in high def.)

As I wrote earlier: Every programmer, made available to subscribers by any given provider, will eventually become carried in HD. And that's because the format is becoming so common to a point that it will officially take over permanently from standard def.

I think what will ultimately happen is that every programmer in the United States will be in HD. It doesn't mean every individual program, especially an example with an old movie, is going to appear in high definition. But that every programmer [broadcast, cable] will be a linear high def.

What I believe is the case with AT&T U-verse, and just about any provider, is that it cannot carry everything just yet. Concern is likely with the combination of capacity and costs.

For the sake of this thread, I am wanting to see Al Jazeera America, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel, and NHL Network returned to the lineup and made available in high definition. AT&T U-verse's most recent additions of Independent Film Channel HD, Sundance Channel HD, and We TV HD, which are all a part of AMC Networks (which also owns AMC and Fuse), is really good. I think a completion of programmer brands' ownership, from whichever companies, may also play a role of what's left to consider with when they will get added. For example, just recently Viacom expanded high definition with Nicktoons and Scripps expanded high definition with Great American Country. One can take note of that and estimate from that a theme involving "more of what may come." But I also think it's not a bad idea to consider the news-based programmers Bloomberg Television, C-Span, C-Span 2, and C-Span 3 getting added, by AT&T U-verse, in high def. (Bloomberg Television HD is available from many providers. C-Spans, at least with the first, also have a rival-providers' presence in high def.)

As I wrote earlier: Every programmer, made available to subscribers by any given provider, will eventually become carried in HD. And that's because the format is becoming so common to a point that it will officially take over permanently from standard def.

[ Edited ]
19 of 56 (1,954 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 5:51:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Politicians proselytizing in HD...no thanks! Smiley Surprised

20 of 56 (1,945 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 6:31:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

oufanindallas wrote:

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

I think they could get rid of C-Span 3 but I would keep 1 and 2 so we have one channel dedicated to the house and one dedicated to the senate.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

oufanindallas wrote:

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

I think they could get rid of C-Span 3 but I would keep 1 and 2 so we have one channel dedicated to the house and one dedicated to the senate.

-------

21 of 56 (1,934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 2:23:19 PM
(0)
Scholar

oufanindallas wrote:

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

I've been watching C-SPAN since it signed on the air in 1979.  I haven't been watching it since I got U-verse because I don't watch standard-def channels.

I can understand dropping C-SPAN 3, but I doubt they'll drop to one channel.  They need one channel to cover the House and a second channel to cover the Senate.

oufanindallas wrote:

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

I've been watching C-SPAN since it signed on the air in 1979.  I haven't been watching it since I got U-verse because I don't watch standard-def channels.

I can understand dropping C-SPAN 3, but I doubt they'll drop to one channel.  They need one channel to cover the House and a second channel to cover the Senate.

22 of 56 (1,886 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 2:25:24 PM
(0)
Scholar

skeeterintexas wrote:

lol

skeeterintexas wrote:

lol

23 of 56 (1,885 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 9:37:18 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by jhy1978 on Jan 7, 2014 at 9:39:08 PM

EPIX HD

EPIX2 HD

Encore Westerns HD

Encore Romance HD

Encore Family HD

Encore Action HD

Encore Suspense HD

Nike Jr HD

NASA HD

TV Guide Network HD

EPIX HD

EPIX2 HD

Encore Westerns HD

Encore Romance HD

Encore Family HD

Encore Action HD

Encore Suspense HD

Nike Jr HD

NASA HD

TV Guide Network HD

[ Edited ]
24 of 56 (1,849 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2014 10:48:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

americangame wrote:

Why?

americangame wrote:

Why?

25 of 56 (1,800 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 6:04:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

texasguy37 wrote:

americangame wrote:

Why?

It mostly shows public affairs programming from Washing DC nationwide. I really don't care about the traffic congestion issues plaguing the DC area down here in Texas. Unlike CSPAN 1 and 2, those two channels are dedicated to covering our legislative branch of government. 

If CSPAN 3 started covering the supreme court then I would be all for keeping it around. Right now it just feels like an oddball channel that doesn't serve a purpose to the whole nation.

-------

texasguy37 wrote:

americangame wrote:

Why?

It mostly shows public affairs programming from Washing DC nationwide. I really don't care about the traffic congestion issues plaguing the DC area down here in Texas. Unlike CSPAN 1 and 2, those two channels are dedicated to covering our legislative branch of government. 

If CSPAN 3 started covering the supreme court then I would be all for keeping it around. Right now it just feels like an oddball channel that doesn't serve a purpose to the whole nation.

-------

26 of 56 (1,768 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 8:58:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I don't think there is any reason to get rid of C-Span 3.  Some people may havve an interest in watching the programming on that channel.  It being there does not prevent U-verse from adding other channels that you have an interest in.

I don't think there is any reason to get rid of C-Span 3.  Some people may havve an interest in watching the programming on that channel.  It being there does not prevent U-verse from adding other channels that you have an interest in.

27 of 56 (1,720 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2014 6:03:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

texasguy37 wrote:

Go read the thread and play follow the bouncing ball. It was stated before I posted that they may be removing CSPAN 2 and 3 and just having one channel. I said that if they decide to consolidate they should only get rid of 3 but keep 1 and 2.

-------

texasguy37 wrote:

Go read the thread and play follow the bouncing ball. It was stated before I posted that they may be removing CSPAN 2 and 3 and just having one channel. I said that if they decide to consolidate they should only get rid of 3 but keep 1 and 2.

-------

28 of 56 (1,674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2014 6:56:00 AM
(0)
Master

I still think providers should not have an HD fee since all TV's sold for years now are HD and all the OTA  major channels are in HD.

HD currently is like FM Stereo its everywhere .

I still think providers should not have an HD fee since all TV's sold for years now are HD and all the OTA  major channels are in HD.

HD currently is like FM Stereo its everywhere .

29 of 56 (1,664 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2014 8:13:58 AM
(0)
Scholar

I have long advocated that in order to save bandwidth, providors should not carry a SD channel if a HD version is available. As long as equipment is provided (and it certainly is with UVERSE) to downscale the resolution to 480I (SD) then what is the point of carrying both ESPN SD and ESPN HD?

I know that UVERSE does not operate like regular cable and SAT companies, but just how many SDE channels would be left over if you took away all these duplicated?

Some foreign language and a few sports RSN's?

I have long advocated that in order to save bandwidth, providors should not carry a SD channel if a HD version is available. As long as equipment is provided (and it certainly is with UVERSE) to downscale the resolution to 480I (SD) then what is the point of carrying both ESPN SD and ESPN HD?

I know that UVERSE does not operate like regular cable and SAT companies, but just how many SDE channels would be left over if you took away all these duplicated?

Some foreign language and a few sports RSN's?

30 of 56 (1,650 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments