What is the minimum amount of recording free space needed or recomended for the dvr?

Contributor

What is the minimum amount of recording free space needed or recomended for the dvr?

What is the minimum amount of recording free space needed or recomended for the dvr? The tech that was here earlier checked my free space and it was at 10%. He said that it must remain at a minimum of 50%. This seems odd to me that half of the hard drive must be free for the system to work.

Message 1 of 2 (187 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: What is the minimum amount of recording free space needed or recomended for the dvr?

The DVR is designed as a temporary storage device ti view a program at a later time, then erase. At around 90% will start erasing older programs to free up space for future recordings.

Some customers erase right away generally having a great deal of space, others save for viewing several episodes at once.

I think the techs point was to watch and delete before you lose recordings.

if the DVR ever needs replacing or factory reset will lose all recordings.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (184 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.