What is "On-the-go access to the entire AT&T national Wi-Fi network, at no extra charge"?

Contributor

What is "On-the-go access to the entire AT&T national Wi-Fi network, at no extra charge"?

Our account for U-Verse High Speed Internet is in my roommate's name.  We just upgraded to Max Plus.  I noticed this feature named as an element of our package:

On-the-go access to the entire AT&T national Wi-Fi network, at no extra charge.

What does ths mean? And, more importantly, how can I be sure to take advantage of this feature, since I'm paying for it?  Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4 (664 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: What is "On-the-go access to the entire AT&T national Wi-Fi network, at no extra charge

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (657 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: What is "On-the-go access to the entire AT&T national Wi-Fi network, at no extra charge

Basically it means that you get free access to the many "ATTWIFI" wifi access points you see around (especially at McDonalds and Starbucks).  It has been a while since I've used it, so I don't remember all the details on how to do it.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (603 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

For example, I was staying in a hotel which did not have free WiFi (yes, those dinosaurs exist).  However, the WiFi at this hotel was AT&T WiFi.  I called up AT&T and got an access number so that I could use the Hotel WiFi free for the length of my stay.

Message 4 of 4 (598 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.