Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 12, 2013
3:56:57 PM
View profile
What is my member ID?

I was trying to set up online billing for Uverse internet at att.com using the member ID from my previous high speed DSL member ID, but it keeps saying that the ID does not exist. I paid my bill using this ID for years. I can only assume that when my Uverse account was set up I got a new ID ... where do I find out what it is?

I was trying to set up online billing for Uverse internet at att.com using the member ID from my previous high speed DSL member ID, but it keeps saying that the ID does not exist. I paid my bill using this ID for years. I can only assume that when my Uverse account was set up I got a new ID ... where do I find out what it is?

What is my member ID?

15 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 4:09:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
maxpom - It is your primary e-mail address. Was your DSL ID of e-mail format? Or, was it different? If your DSL e-mail address was brought over for you to use for e-mail it also became your ID.
maxpom - It is your primary e-mail address. Was your DSL ID of e-mail format? Or, was it different? If your DSL e-mail address was brought over for you to use for e-mail it also became your ID.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What is my member ID?

2 of 16 (1,038 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 4:19:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

My DSL ID was in email format, but does not work as a member ID for Uverse. I used it for years to pay my Uverse bill.

Then what happened was nobody "brought over" that ID. How do I get this fixed? Please don't say I have to call support, because I really don't have a 4 - 6 hour period free until next month.

My DSL ID was in email format, but does not work as a member ID for Uverse. I used it for years to pay my Uverse bill.

Then what happened was nobody "brought over" that ID. How do I get this fixed? Please don't say I have to call support, because I really don't have a 4 - 6 hour period free until next month.

3 of 16 (1,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 4:19:49 PM
(0)
Tutor
correction: My DSL ID was in email format, but does not work as a member ID for Uverse. I used it for years to pay my DSL bill.
correction: My DSL ID was in email format, but does not work as a member ID for Uverse. I used it for years to pay my DSL bill.

4 of 16 (1,028 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 5:44:53 PM
(0)
Teacher

This same thing happen to me when I switched over to U-verse from DSL.  The person who installed your U-verse equipment should have given you an information sheet with your new U-verse account number and member ID.  Your DSL account has been deleted.  At least it was in my case and I had to figure out by myself (AT&T rep. was stumped) that my wireless account was given a whole new account number, as well, (I had combined billing) and that I had to register that new account number through the online account manager. 

This same thing happen to me when I switched over to U-verse from DSL.  The person who installed your U-verse equipment should have given you an information sheet with your new U-verse account number and member ID.  Your DSL account has been deleted.  At least it was in my case and I had to figure out by myself (AT&T rep. was stumped) that my wireless account was given a whole new account number, as well, (I had combined billing) and that I had to register that new account number through the online account manager. 

5 of 16 (1,006 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 5:55:49 PM
(0)
Teacher

One more thing, my DSL member ID was also in email format @sbcglobal.net.  U-verse accounts only use @att.net.  I was allowed to keep my sbc email address, but I can no longer manage the profile on it.  This is another thing they don't tell you when you switch to U-verse.  Not that it's a problem because I can add sub accounts through my att.net email account, but they should inform you of this at install. 

One more thing, my DSL member ID was also in email format @sbcglobal.net.  U-verse accounts only use @att.net.  I was allowed to keep my sbc email address, but I can no longer manage the profile on it.  This is another thing they don't tell you when you switch to U-verse.  Not that it's a problem because I can add sub accounts through my att.net email account, but they should inform you of this at install. 

6 of 16 (1,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 6:01:39 PM
(0)
Teacher

Not if it was @sbcglobal.net.  The install guy said it had to be @att.net.

7 of 16 (997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 6:05:19 PM
(0)
Teacher
Sorry, my last post was in reply to avierwer.
Sorry, my last post was in reply to avierwer.

8 of 16 (991 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2013 9:05:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

Here's what happened at install ...

Guy walks in, plugs up the new router. I watch and see when lights go solid, ask what the IP is, go to the config page and set it up myself. The guy says wow you know what you're doing, and I say yeah I'm a retired RDBMS Engineer, and I've been doing this crap since bit-net. He smiles, says cul8r and that's it. I got no sheet, no instructions, no nothing because I really didn't need them.

Now I guess we go back to my original question I guess. I hope I don't have to call support and ask the same question 15 times and get dumped in the queue 15 times.

Here's what happened at install ...

Guy walks in, plugs up the new router. I watch and see when lights go solid, ask what the IP is, go to the config page and set it up myself. The guy says wow you know what you're doing, and I say yeah I'm a retired RDBMS Engineer, and I've been doing this crap since bit-net. He smiles, says cul8r and that's it. I got no sheet, no instructions, no nothing because I really didn't need them.

Now I guess we go back to my original question I guess. I hope I don't have to call support and ask the same question 15 times and get dumped in the queue 15 times.

9 of 16 (921 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2013 10:51:51 AM
(0)
Teacher
maxpom,
Unfortunately, it sounds like your new U-verse account was never registered. Our install guy took us through the registration process and we were able to print out a registration confirmation. Here is the "url address" that is printed at the top of the registration sheet if this helps in anyway:

https://lsreg.att.net/LightspeedRegWeb/LSRegController

Maybe one of the experts here can shed some light on whether or not your account was actually registered. The install guy said that I was unable to use my DSL member ID because it was @sbcglobal.net. Although, I was able to use it when I had to re-register my wireless account number. Thank god they sent me a paper bill, because nobody at AT&T clicked to the fact that my wireless service was given a new account number. I caught it when I got my paper bill. We previously had combined billing (DSL/Wireless) using a member ID @sbcglobal.net.
maxpom,
Unfortunately, it sounds like your new U-verse account was never registered. Our install guy took us through the registration process and we were able to print out a registration confirmation. Here is the "url address" that is printed at the top of the registration sheet if this helps in anyway:

https://lsreg.att.net/LightspeedRegWeb/LSRegController

Maybe one of the experts here can shed some light on whether or not your account was actually registered. The install guy said that I was unable to use my DSL member ID because it was @sbcglobal.net. Although, I was able to use it when I had to re-register my wireless account number. Thank god they sent me a paper bill, because nobody at AT&T clicked to the fact that my wireless service was given a new account number. I caught it when I got my paper bill. We previously had combined billing (DSL/Wireless) using a member ID @sbcglobal.net.

10 of 16 (903 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2013 1:16:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

msmith95 wrote:

Well, that's new, when I got Uverse TV/internet 5 years ago, I self-registered while the prem tech was installing the DVR.

Brougt up FireFox and it went thru a couple ATT intranets pages then a page came up and asked if I'd like to keep my sbcglobal (from DSL) profile?  Clicked Yes and was on the internet and still had the sbcglobal ID for everything. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

msmith95 wrote:

Well, that's new, when I got Uverse TV/internet 5 years ago, I self-registered while the prem tech was installing the DVR.

Brougt up FireFox and it went thru a couple ATT intranets pages then a page came up and asked if I'd like to keep my sbcglobal (from DSL) profile?  Clicked Yes and was on the internet and still had the sbcglobal ID for everything. Smiley Wink

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 16 (873 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2013 2:35:39 PM
(0)
Teacher

mibrnsurg,

Well at least that was the story I was told!  I wasn't at home when my spouse and the install guy were setting it up.  I immediately noticed the new member ID @att.net, and was not pleased!  I have always had this funny feeling that I was lied to because when I set up my new online account for my wireless account, like you said, I had no problem using my @sbcglobal.net ID.  The tech was still at my house when I got home, and I asked if I could change it, and he said it was too late. Smiley Sad  Not sure if that was true!

mibrnsurg,

Well at least that was the story I was told!  I wasn't at home when my spouse and the install guy were setting it up.  I immediately noticed the new member ID @att.net, and was not pleased!  I have always had this funny feeling that I was lied to because when I set up my new online account for my wireless account, like you said, I had no problem using my @sbcglobal.net ID.  The tech was still at my house when I got home, and I asked if I could change it, and he said it was too late. Smiley Sad  Not sure if that was true!

12 of 16 (856 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2013 2:46:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

msmith95 wrote:

mibrnsurg,

Might try to contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your Member ID problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

msmith95 wrote:

mibrnsurg,

Might try to contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your Member ID problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

13 of 16 (848 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2013 3:29:29 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Phil-101 on Jul 13, 2013 at 4:37:46 PM

I will defintely send a private message.  Thanks for the advice.  Unfortunately, I'm having another problem that is far more frustrating, and I posted yesterday on this forum.  I keep on getting a system error message when trying to log-in to my U-verse account.  It has been 3 days now that I noticed that I can't access my account.  I was told by a chat rep to call the web assistance center at [removed unconfirmed phone number].  They reset my password and it didn't work after I logged out and tried to log-in again.  I called back and they said that they would put in a "ticket," but didn't give me any kind of reference number.  They said I would get a call back.  We'll see!

I will defintely send a private message.  Thanks for the advice.  Unfortunately, I'm having another problem that is far more frustrating, and I posted yesterday on this forum.  I keep on getting a system error message when trying to log-in to my U-verse account.  It has been 3 days now that I noticed that I can't access my account.  I was told by a chat rep to call the web assistance center at [removed unconfirmed phone number].  They reset my password and it didn't work after I logged out and tried to log-in again.  I called back and they said that they would put in a "ticket," but didn't give me any kind of reference number.  They said I would get a call back.  We'll see!

[ Edited ]
14 of 16 (838 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2013 8:17:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You can mention that too as they cover everything to do w/Uverse.  You can send the PM now and it'll be b4 those sent tomorrow or Monday. Smiley Wink

Chris

You can mention that too as they cover everything to do w/Uverse.  You can send the PM now and it'll be b4 those sent tomorrow or Monday. Smiley Wink

Chris

15 of 16 (797 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 7:18:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

"This is not the regular CS/TS people,"

Thank God or Eric Clapton or whomever you want for that, because as anyone knows who has been a customer of AT&T internet for long, the regular support people are about as sharp as a bowling ball. I'll get right on that Monday and hopefully will get squared away.

"This is not the regular CS/TS people,"

Thank God or Eric Clapton or whomever you want for that, because as anyone knows who has been a customer of AT&T internet for long, the regular support people are about as sharp as a bowling ball. I'll get right on that Monday and hopefully will get squared away.

16 of 16 (771 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments