Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 17, 2014
3:47:33 PM
View profile
What is Voicemail Access Number in the VOIP Voicemail Setup Area for Call Forwarding?

I've have Uverse for a while but have not really used my Uverse VOIP telephone features. I logged in today and started to set it up and was puzzled when I saw a telephone number (not my own) and it said this was the number to which voicemails were forwarded, or something to that effect. It is called a Voicemail Access Number and it appears in the setup section called Call Forwarding. I didn't think you needed to call a different number (other than your own) to access your voicemails. What is this number for? Do I ever need to actually call it to access my voicemails? Thanks.

I've have Uverse for a while but have not really used my Uverse VOIP telephone features. I logged in today and started to set it up and was puzzled when I saw a telephone number (not my own) and it said this was the number to which voicemails were forwarded, or something to that effect. It is called a Voicemail Access Number and it appears in the setup section called Call Forwarding. I didn't think you needed to call a different number (other than your own) to access your voicemails. What is this number for? Do I ever need to actually call it to access my voicemails? Thanks.

What is Voicemail Access Number in the VOIP Voicemail Setup Area for Call Forwarding?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 4:22:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
sgmorr -
Check this out -
https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401850&ct=9000083&pv=1&title=U-verse+Voice+Calling+Fe...

I believe the dial from home is *98. I set the VM buttom on my phone to dial that. YOu cab set your options so that you do not have to enter your PIN when you call from home.

Not home - call your number & hit #to get to the messages. Or, call the 800 number.
sgmorr -
Check this out -
https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401850&ct=9000083&pv=1&title=U-verse+Voice+Calling+Features#fbid=-SoYOHgB3_s

I believe the dial from home is *98. I set the VM buttom on my phone to dial that. YOu cab set your options so that you do not have to enter your PIN when you call from home.

Not home - call your number & hit #to get to the messages. Or, call the 800 number.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What is Voicemail Access Number in the VOIP Voicemail Setup Area for Call Forwarding?

2 of 2 (382 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments