Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 11, 2013
9:24:27 PM
What is AT&T doing to increase the number of simultaneous live streams?

Curious if AT&T is working on increasing the number of simultaneous live TV streams and when an increase may occur?  The 4 live simultaneous streams limitation is an annoyance.  Sure would be nice to see an increase to match (or dare I say exceed?!?!?) some of the local cable providers!

Curious if AT&T is working on increasing the number of simultaneous live TV streams and when an increase may occur?  The 4 live simultaneous streams limitation is an annoyance.  Sure would be nice to see an increase to match (or dare I say exceed?!?!?) some of the local cable providers!

What is AT&T doing to increase the number of simultaneous live streams?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 3:36:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Delewis59 wrote:

Cable doesn't have "streams". The only way to record more than 2 shows at once with most (if not all) cable providers is to pay for another DVR and hook it up to another TV.

I had to switch to cable, and what I wouldn't give to be able to record 4 shows at once and watch them anywhere in the house!

Delewis59 wrote:

Cable doesn't have "streams". The only way to record more than 2 shows at once with most (if not all) cable providers is to pay for another DVR and hook it up to another TV.

I had to switch to cable, and what I wouldn't give to be able to record 4 shows at once and watch them anywhere in the house!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What is AT&T doing to increase the number of simultaneous live streams?

2 of 7 (505 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 3:39:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

There are rumors that a stream increase is in the works.  When.......none of us would know that.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

There are rumors that a stream increase is in the works.  When.......none of us would know that.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 7:23:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

BeeBeeSA wrote:

Right you are, BeeBee.  Many of us heard rumors, from different sources of 6 or 7 streams, by Summer 2013.  That ETA has slipped but they are working on changing the profiles to allow for more HD streams to the home.  Hopefully, the more streams rollout will roll happen soon.  Stay tuned, OP!

BeeBeeSA wrote:

Right you are, BeeBee.  Many of us heard rumors, from different sources of 6 or 7 streams, by Summer 2013.  That ETA has slipped but they are working on changing the profiles to allow for more HD streams to the home.  Hopefully, the more streams rollout will roll happen soon.  Stay tuned, OP!

4 of 7 (469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 8:22:47 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the clarification.  You are correct.  I misread the local cable provider info....

Thanks for the clarification.  You are correct.  I misread the local cable provider info....

5 of 7 (451 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 10:50:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by Kong57 on Nov 12, 2013 at 10:50:51 AM

Some of us are still stuck on 3 streams Smiley Mad

Delewis59 wrote:

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!

Some of us are still stuck on 3 streams Smiley Mad

Delewis59 wrote:

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!

[ Edited ]
6 of 7 (428 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 4:55:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I know it's in the works because when I had my installation here, I had 7 streams. Too bad an update cancelled it.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

I know it's in the works because when I had my installation here, I had 7 streams. Too bad an update cancelled it.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

7 of 7 (385 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments