Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 9, 2013
6:37:27 AM
What happened to SyFy?

I was looking at my scheduled recordings, making sure I have everything set up for fall. I see I have "Haven" on SyFy in the list, but that it's on 151, I wanted to set it to the HD channel (1151), but when I look at the guide online to do so, neither 151 or 1151 show up on the guide.

Did we lose SyFy? Did it move to a different channel? Am I doing something completely wrong?

Thanx,

Justin

I was looking at my scheduled recordings, making sure I have everything set up for fall. I see I have "Haven" on SyFy in the list, but that it's on 151, I wanted to set it to the HD channel (1151), but when I look at the guide online to do so, neither 151 or 1151 show up on the guide.

Did we lose SyFy? Did it move to a different channel? Am I doing something completely wrong?

Thanx,

Justin

What happened to SyFy?

5 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 7:19:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Sounds like a glitch with the online info. 

They're all there (both 151 & 1151 and Haven) on the on-screen guide on the TV.

Sounds like a glitch with the online info. 

They're all there (both 151 & 1151 and Haven) on the on-screen guide on the TV.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What happened to SyFy?

2 of 6 (769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 7:30:45 AM
(0)
Employee

I had this issue a while back with a different channel. Doing a software update seemed to do the trick. Before you do that, try going to ufix.att.com and running the wizard. 

----

If that doesn't work, unplug the DVR, wait 10 sec. and plug it back in. This should force an update without completely wiping your DVR.

Before you do the next step, call customer care @ 1-800-288-2020 or private message them @ attCustomerCare to make sure it's not an account issue. 

To do a complete reset (this will wipe your DVR clean of settings, recording, etc...), hold down the down arrow key and OK key, press and hold the Power key to power cycle the receiver. ----

Wait until a gear appears on the screen before releasing the down and OK keys.

I had this issue a while back with a different channel. Doing a software update seemed to do the trick. Before you do that, try going to ufix.att.com and running the wizard. 

----

If that doesn't work, unplug the DVR, wait 10 sec. and plug it back in. This should force an update without completely wiping your DVR.

Before you do the next step, call customer care @ 1-800-288-2020 or private message them @ attCustomerCare to make sure it's not an account issue. 

To do a complete reset (this will wipe your DVR clean of settings, recording, etc...), hold down the down arrow key and OK key, press and hold the Power key to power cycle the receiver. ----

Wait until a gear appears on the screen before releasing the down and OK keys.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 6 (764 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 8:36:32 AM
(0)
Mentor

Whereabouts are you located?  I know that the west coast now only gets the west coast feeds of Syfy (152 and 1152) and I had to reschedule all the series recordings I had that were previously set up on 1151.

When the channel update occured the previously scheduled recordings were not automatically flipped to 1152 I had to manually update.

Having said that if you are not supposed to (or do not have) the west coast feed I would pursue what others are suggesting.

Whereabouts are you located?  I know that the west coast now only gets the west coast feeds of Syfy (152 and 1152) and I had to reschedule all the series recordings I had that were previously set up on 1151.

When the channel update occured the previously scheduled recordings were not automatically flipped to 1152 I had to manually update.

Having said that if you are not supposed to (or do not have) the west coast feed I would pursue what others are suggesting.

4 of 6 (605 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 3:26:07 PM
(0)
Community Support

@VooDooCC , are you still having trouble? It does seem to be an issue with the online guide. Please send us a private message here with your full name, account number and contact information. We'll try to help! 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

@VooDooCC , are you still having trouble? It does seem to be an issue with the online guide. Please send us a private message here with your full name, account number and contact information. We'll try to help! 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (432 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 5:25:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

I think the original poster was stating that SyFy wasn't showing up on the WEBSITE listings, but do show up on the receiver.

I too have seen this.  I was trying to schedule a recording from my laptop but noticed that the website guide skipped right over 151 Syfy, so I had to go to my u-verse receiver and set it there.

I think the original poster was stating that SyFy wasn't showing up on the WEBSITE listings, but do show up on the receiver.

I too have seen this.  I was trying to schedule a recording from my laptop but noticed that the website guide skipped right over 151 Syfy, so I had to go to my u-verse receiver and set it there.

6 of 6 (255 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments