Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 6, 2013
3:02:06 PM
What gateway for 45mbps plan

Hi i recently contacted at&t for an upgrade from 24mbps plan to 45mbps plan. They told me that i was able to upgrade and there was no need for a tech installation but told me that i need a new gateway and the one i have now is a 2wire 3600hgv. another problem was that i would have to rent it for $6 for which i refuse and would rather pay for the gateway one time charge. They told me to call for which one i need but i dont want to deal with that. So question is what model gateway do i need or if i need it.

Hi i recently contacted at&t for an upgrade from 24mbps plan to 45mbps plan. They told me that i was able to upgrade and there was no need for a tech installation but told me that i need a new gateway and the one i have now is a 2wire 3600hgv. another problem was that i would have to rent it for $6 for which i refuse and would rather pay for the gateway one time charge. They told me to call for which one i need but i dont want to deal with that. So question is what model gateway do i need or if i need it.

What gateway for 45mbps plan

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 5:10:55 PM
(0)
Employee
The 45 (power) tier requires a tech install, 2 pairs of wires bonded to provide input to NID,cat5 NID to RG, the NVG 589 can only be rented
..no purchase option available.
For more details http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28592205-45-meg-tier-available-in-CHICAGO.AFTER-INSTALL-NOTES-etc
The 45 (power) tier requires a tech install, 2 pairs of wires bonded to provide input to NID,cat5 NID to RG, the NVG 589 can only be rented
..no purchase option available.
For more details http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28592205-45-meg-tier-available-in-CHICAGO.AFTER-INSTALL-NOTES-etc
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: What gateway for 45mbps plan

2 of 4 (871 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 3:48:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

i think i was told my house has already pair bondings done but im not 100% sure but thats my i dont need the tech but for the rg which is the nvg589 how much will it then cost for rental?

i think i was told my house has already pair bondings done but im not 100% sure but thats my i dont need the tech but for the rg which is the nvg589 how much will it then cost for rental?

3 of 4 (820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 7:48:19 PM
(0)
Employee
The only way your house would already be pair bonded is if you have an inid with the i38hg as an indoor wireless, hardwired unit.
Inids are set for 25M profile with max internet speed of 18 (max plus). As you state you have 24M internet (max turbo) I seriously doubt you are bonded.
Most drops are doubled pairs but the second pair is not hooked up at serving terminal, or at NID unless had two phone line service.
Additionally the inside wire to RG definitely would not be bonded connected, requiring tech install. No self install options on these profiles.
So tech install, two hour appointment window, with crossbox, terminal, nid, homerun, and jack work, plus software updates, and verifing services another two hours providing no need for outside line tech that can make it 5 to 7 hours total. Recent post from one who upgraded stated 8 hours for all work due to line, card issues

From netboy on dsl forum " my upgrade took 8 hours because of a combination of modem, card, wrong pair assignment. My static IP block issue took 4 days and a new modem to fix..."

Rental fee as stated earlier is $6 per month plus internet package price....
The only way your house would already be pair bonded is if you have an inid with the i38hg as an indoor wireless, hardwired unit.
Inids are set for 25M profile with max internet speed of 18 (max plus). As you state you have 24M internet (max turbo) I seriously doubt you are bonded.
Most drops are doubled pairs but the second pair is not hooked up at serving terminal, or at NID unless had two phone line service.
Additionally the inside wire to RG definitely would not be bonded connected, requiring tech install. No self install options on these profiles.
So tech install, two hour appointment window, with crossbox, terminal, nid, homerun, and jack work, plus software updates, and verifing services another two hours providing no need for outside line tech that can make it 5 to 7 hours total. Recent post from one who upgraded stated 8 hours for all work due to line, card issues

From netboy on dsl forum " my upgrade took 8 hours because of a combination of modem, card, wrong pair assignment. My static IP block issue took 4 days and a new modem to fix..."

Rental fee as stated earlier is $6 per month plus internet package price....
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (811 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments