Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 7, 2013
1:21:20 PM
View profile
What do I need to do on the 2wire router settings-wise if I am setting a NetGear R6250 as a Wireless Access Point behind it?

What do I need to do on the 2wire router settings-wise if I am setting a NetGear R6250 as a Wireless Access Point behind it?

and yes I disabled the Wireless networks on the 2wire already and enabled the NetGear as an AP.

Do I change anything on the 2wire Firewall? Do I create a custom DMZ rule to allow all R6250 traffic through, or is that unnecessary.

Thanks,
Shawn McPike

Senior Manager of Social Media Listening and Enablement
AT&T

@shawnmcpike on twitter

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions". This will help other users find this information too!!

and yes I disabled the Wireless networks on the 2wire already and enabled the NetGear as an AP.

Do I change anything on the 2wire Firewall? Do I create a custom DMZ rule to allow all R6250 traffic through, or is that unnecessary.

Thanks,
Shawn McPike

Senior Manager of Social Media Listening and Enablement
AT&T

@shawnmcpike on twitter

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions". This will help other users find this information too!!
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 1:32:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Check this post for assistance: http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-anoth...

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What do I need to do on the 2wire router settings-wise if I am setting a NetGear R6250 as a Wire

2 of 3 (456 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 10:30:59 AM
(0)
Teacher

If ALL... you want is a wireless access point, you may just be able to plug a cable from Netgear's Lan to 2Wire's LAN; turn off Netgear's ability to hand OUT  addresses via DHCP.  See - message 10 here

"If your only goal for the WRT (router) was to provide a better wireless security, the simpler thing to have done was to connect one of its LAN port to a LAN port of the 2WIRE, and turn off its DHCP feature instead of setting it up as a router behind the RG.  In this way it acts as an Wireless Access Point/Switch, but not as a router."

If ALL... you want is a wireless access point, you may just be able to plug a cable from Netgear's Lan to 2Wire's LAN; turn off Netgear's ability to hand OUT  addresses via DHCP.  See - message 10 here

"If your only goal for the WRT (router) was to provide a better wireless security, the simpler thing to have done was to connect one of its LAN port to a LAN port of the 2WIRE, and turn off its DHCP feature instead of setting it up as a router behind the RG.  In this way it acts as an Wireless Access Point/Switch, but not as a router."

Re: What do I need to do on the 2wire router settings-wise if I am setting a NetGear R6250 as a Wire

3 of 3 (326 Views)