What about FTTP customers getting the Power Tier?

Teacher

What about FTTP customers getting the Power Tier?

Does anyone know when customers who are FTTP will be able to order the Power Tier and why we can't get it now?

As I understand it FTTP customers with the 24 Mbps plan (which I do) are GPON and thus have the necessary setup to get it but those who can only go up to 18 Mbps are BPON which requires some hardware upgrade.

Message 1 of 6 (1,147 Views)
Community Support

Re: What about FTTP customers getting the Power Tier?

Hello UT_Texan,

Although I cannot give any definitive dates, I can state that AT&T U-verse is working towards providing the Power Tier to FTTP customers. As you stated, the service is greatly effected by what type of FTTP medium is being used.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (1,045 Views)
Teacher

thanks David!

Can you perhaps give a ball park time like 30,60,90 or 90+ days?

When it is available do you know if it will be turned on in regional chunks or everyone in the country who has the proper requirements for it?

Message 3 of 6 (1,040 Views)
Community Support

Sorry, I don't have any ballpark figures Also, I can only assume that it would be a regional rollout, as it has been best practice for us to ensure that no major issues occur.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (1,027 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I had a technician come out and he told me that it wouldn't happen this year.  He also told me this will be the last time that copper would get somethiing before fiber as the copper is reaching its limit.  

Message 5 of 6 (981 Views)
Teacher

Yeah, that is the most disappointing thing about all of this. They held back fttp customers from getting better profiles to keep it fair across the market and when they did upgrade their plans they only did it for copper. Why on earth they didn't include fttp customers in this we will never know. I am now hoping that since I am in Leander, Tx that my neighborhood is one that will get GigaPower in December but I ain't about to hold my breath.

Message 6 of 6 (973 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.