Helpful Links

What Is Left That Subscribers Still Want?

ACE - Professor

What Is Left That Subscribers Still Want?

What MAJOR channels are still out there that subscribers still want? Here is my list. Please feel free to add any channels that I miss. I am sure I have not thought of all of them.

Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel

NHL Network and NHL Center Ice

MLB Extra Innings

BBC America HD

Fox Sports 2 HD

Comcast Sports Houston for those people in Houston, Texas

Of course there are others out their like  RFD-TV, all of the sub-channels, and the Gospel Music Channel.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 25
Scholar

Re: What Is Left That Subscribers Still Want?

Okay, reluctantly, I will play.  I have the U450 package, plus the premium tier.  For the most part, with that awesome lineup of channels, I have all that I want.  However, the most wanted additions for my family are the Hallmark Channels.  We could do just fine without the Hallmark basic channel, because we enjoyed the Hallmark movies, the most.  Since they come as a package deal we would, obviously, be required to have both.

Here, It has been discussed ad nauseam as to why they were dropped, by U-Verse, and why they haven't returned.  Regardless of the oft repeated reasons, posted on this board, I still am puzzled as to why the two involved companies can't negotiate a settlement.   AT&T U-Verse is the only major provider that doesn't have them as part of their lineup.  Surely there is a way, but the problem, apparently, is the will.  If that is true, it's a shame.

Message 16 of 25
ACE - Master

wmtheel wrote:

Okay, reluctantly, I will play.  I have the U450 package, plus the premium tier.  For the most part, with that awesome lineup of channels, I have all that I want.  However, the most wanted additions for my family are the Hallmark Channels.  We could do just fine without the Hallmark basic channel, because we enjoyed the Hallmark movies, the most.  Since they come as a package deal we would, obviously, be required to have both.

Here, It has been discussed ad nauseam as to why they were dropped, by U-Verse, and why they haven't returned.  Regardless of the oft repeated reasons, posted on this board, I still am puzzled as to why the two involved companies can't negotiate a settlement.   AT&T U-Verse is the only major provider that doesn't have them as part of their lineup.  Surely there is a way, but the problem, apparently, is the will.  If that is true, it's a shame.

I think the "will" is likely the issue. AT&T doesn't have a lot of motivation to add low-rated channels that have been gone for 3 years without affecting subscriber rates.

Crown Media doesn't have a lot of motivation to try to get on a relatively small TV provider whose absense has not affected advertising rates.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 25
Highlighted

MicCheck wrote:

wmtheel wrote:

I think the "will" is likely the issue. AT&T doesn't have a lot of motivation to add low-rated channels that have been gone for 3 years without affecting subscriber rates.

Crown Media doesn't have a lot of motivation to try to get on a relatively small TV provider whose absense has not affected advertising rates.

Correct what motivation do they have to pay a higher price for a lowerer tiered network that isn't effecting their customer base.  AT&T is gaining customers every quarter so having Hallmark/HMC is not effecting them one bit.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 18 of 25
ACE - Master

Does someone have a list of monthly cable channel viewership rates?  I have Googled it and googled and I see by show but not much Network by Network.

I would love to see Hallmark and HMC back (For my wife) and Al Jazeera.  I would also like DTV subchannels, too.

Message 19 of 25
Scholar

dhascall,

I don't know if you feel this way, or not, but when I post, hoping for the return of the Hallmark, it reminds me of the question, "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"  Sometimes, I feel like a tree in the forest.  Nobody, who really knows the real facts, can hear me!  Smiley Frustrated
Message 20 of 25
Teacher

I'd like to get NHL Network... had it with DISH Network, where I live now I can't have a dish or I'd be with them. ESPN Classic should be available in HD. As should BBC America. Way more than half the channels I'm subscribed to have been "hidden" under my channel options... I could list 100's of channels I'd give up to get just those 3 (or 4 if you count NHL Network as SD and HD). It seems every week there are more channels I'm not interested in being added. It would be nice to see a channel added that I'd watch for a change. I'm sure I'm paying for all this drivel I don't want (or will when next price hike happens).

Message 21 of 25
Expert

RedJeff53 wrote:
I'd like to get NHL Network... had it with DISH Network, where I live now I can't have a dish or I'd be with them. ESPN Classic should be available in HD. As should BBC America. Way more than half the channels I'm subscribed to have been "hidden" under my channel options... I could list 100's of channels I'd give up to get just those 3 (or 4 if you count NHL Network as SD and HD). It seems every week there are more channels I'm not interested in being added. It would be nice to see a channel added that I'd watch for a change. I'm sure I'm paying for all this drivel I don't want (or will when next price hike happens).

ESPN does not offer ESPN Clasic in HD.  There is nothing that U-verse or any other provider can do about that.

Since we all receive 100's of channels in our subcription package, we all pay for channels that we don't want.  The channels that you want will be channels that someone else doesn't want.  That's just the way things are.

Message 22 of 25

texasguy37 wrote:

Since we all receive 100's of channels in our subcription package, we all pay for channels that we don't want.  The channels that you want will be channels that someone else doesn't want.  That's just the way things are.

U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, has expressed interest in introducing legislation that would allow cable/satellite subscribers to subscribe to programming a la carte.  Don't know what the status of that is.

Message 23 of 25
Voyager

NHL Network

Message 24 of 25
ACE - Professor

I would like the moderators to close down this thread. My original purpose was for forum members to add to my list that started the thread, not to express your personal wants if that channel had already been mentioned. I wanted to hear additional channels that I had not thought of.

If you want to make a request for a channel, do it here:    http://uversechannels.att.com/

Message 25 of 25
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support