Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 7, 2013
11:57:35 AM
View profile
What Is Left That Subscribers Still Want?

What MAJOR channels are still out there that subscribers still want? Here is my list. Please feel free to add any channels that I miss. I am sure I have not thought of all of them.

Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel

NHL Network and NHL Center Ice

MLB Extra Innings

BBC America HD

Fox Sports 2 HD

Comcast Sports Houston for those people in Houston, Texas

Of course there are others out their like  RFD-TV, all of the sub-channels, and the Gospel Music Channel.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

What MAJOR channels are still out there that subscribers still want? Here is my list. Please feel free to add any channels that I miss. I am sure I have not thought of all of them.

Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel

NHL Network and NHL Center Ice

MLB Extra Innings

BBC America HD

Fox Sports 2 HD

Comcast Sports Houston for those people in Houston, Texas

Of course there are others out their like  RFD-TV, all of the sub-channels, and the Gospel Music Channel.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

What Is Left That Subscribers Still Want?

24 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(24)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 12:21:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

It would be nice to have NASA HD. I get it at work and sometimes it wold be nice to watch it at home too.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

It would be nice to have NASA HD. I get it at work and sometimes it wold be nice to watch it at home too.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What Is Left That Subscribers Still Want?

2 of 25 (1,665 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 12:37:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I forgot Al Jazeera if there are really that many people who want that channel.

I forgot Al Jazeera if there are really that many people who want that channel.

3 of 25 (1,644 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 9:53:18 PM
(0)
Scholar

Al Jazzeria America

BBC World News

France 24

RT (Russia Today)

Al Jazzeria America

BBC World News

France 24

RT (Russia Today)

iPhone 5S Verizon Wireless

4 of 25 (1,536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 1:32:09 AM
(0)
Mentor

I would like to see IFC HD, and of course as mentioned BBC America HD

5 of 25 (1,485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 5:50:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Lkrfan714 wrote:

IFC is Independent Film Channel

Lkrfan714 wrote:

IFC is Independent Film Channel

6 of 25 (1,466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 9:25:44 AM
(0)
Scholar
GO DAWGS !
GO DAWGS !

7 of 25 (1,421 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 11:48:57 AM
(0)
Tutor

ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater/Extra Innings

(available on our computers, yes, granted...)

ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater/Extra Innings

(available on our computers, yes, granted...)

8 of 25 (1,391 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 3:04:46 PM
(0)
Mentor

Bloomberg HD

Bloomberg HD

9 of 25 (1,349 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 3:43:18 PM
(0)
Mentor

@dwinth Yes I know what IFC is and I would love for it to be in HD

10 of 25 (1,339 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 3:47:40 PM
(0)
Mentor

oops nevermind I see you said what MAJOR channels my bad.

oops nevermind I see you said what MAJOR channels my bad.

11 of 25 (1,330 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 4:39:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

WE-TV....I need my Bridezillas in HD!

WE-TV....I need my Bridezillas in HD!

12 of 25 (1,313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 5:31:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Lkrfan714 wrote:

@ Lkrfan714: I know that you know what IFC stands for. I was informing the other forum readers what it stood for.

Lkrfan714 wrote:

@ Lkrfan714: I know that you know what IFC stands for. I was informing the other forum readers what it stood for.

13 of 25 (1,281 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 6:46:25 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by LoveHD on Sep 8, 2013 at 6:55:44 PM

This is a good thread!

It is like asking the question, "If you were temporarily in charge at AT&T U-verse, 'what major channels are still out there' that you 'believe subscribers' want to see added to the lineup?"

Fine.

Here goes:

Return Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel — as well as Al Jazeera America and NHL Network — to the lineup. Both SD and HD. (Of course the new contractual agreements should be good ones for AT&T U-verse. And I'll note that Al Jazeera America is apparently not yet available in high defintion.)

Add the following: BBC America HD, Independent Film Channel HD, Military Channel HD, and Sundance Channel HD.

Work on making all the multi-screens of the premium movie programmers become available to AT&T U-verse subscribers in HD.

I admit to not knowing the following: Has Viacom expanded the Nickelodeon programming brands in high definition? I think I came across that either Nick Jr. or Nicktoons was going high def. That's an area that addresses the children. Which is good. (It was good that AT&T U-verse added, whenever it exactly was, Disney Junior in both standard and high def.)

This is a good thread!

It is like asking the question, "If you were temporarily in charge at AT&T U-verse, 'what major channels are still out there' that you 'believe subscribers' want to see added to the lineup?"

Fine.

Here goes:

Return Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel — as well as Al Jazeera America and NHL Network — to the lineup. Both SD and HD. (Of course the new contractual agreements should be good ones for AT&T U-verse. And I'll note that Al Jazeera America is apparently not yet available in high defintion.)

Add the following: BBC America HD, Independent Film Channel HD, Military Channel HD, and Sundance Channel HD.

Work on making all the multi-screens of the premium movie programmers become available to AT&T U-verse subscribers in HD.

I admit to not knowing the following: Has Viacom expanded the Nickelodeon programming brands in high definition? I think I came across that either Nick Jr. or Nicktoons was going high def. That's an area that addresses the children. Which is good. (It was good that AT&T U-verse added, whenever it exactly was, Disney Junior in both standard and high def.)

[ Edited ]
14 of 25 (1,246 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 5:37:29 PM
(0)
Mentor

Nhl network , but it might take a long time as u verse wants to carry it on the u450 and nhl network wants it carried on a lower tier such as u300 like the mlb network, and nba tv are.

Nhl network , but it might take a long time as u verse wants to carry it on the u450 and nhl network wants it carried on a lower tier such as u300 like the mlb network, and nba tv are.

15 of 25 (1,108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 6:25:26 PM
(0)
Scholar

Okay, reluctantly, I will play.  I have the U450 package, plus the premium tier.  For the most part, with that awesome lineup of channels, I have all that I want.  However, the most wanted additions for my family are the Hallmark Channels.  We could do just fine without the Hallmark basic channel, because we enjoyed the Hallmark movies, the most.  Since they come as a package deal we would, obviously, be required to have both.

Here, It has been discussed ad nauseam as to why they were dropped, by U-Verse, and why they haven't returned.  Regardless of the oft repeated reasons, posted on this board, I still am puzzled as to why the two involved companies can't negotiate a settlement.   AT&T U-Verse is the only major provider that doesn't have them as part of their lineup.  Surely there is a way, but the problem, apparently, is the will.  If that is true, it's a shame.

Okay, reluctantly, I will play.  I have the U450 package, plus the premium tier.  For the most part, with that awesome lineup of channels, I have all that I want.  However, the most wanted additions for my family are the Hallmark Channels.  We could do just fine without the Hallmark basic channel, because we enjoyed the Hallmark movies, the most.  Since they come as a package deal we would, obviously, be required to have both.

Here, It has been discussed ad nauseam as to why they were dropped, by U-Verse, and why they haven't returned.  Regardless of the oft repeated reasons, posted on this board, I still am puzzled as to why the two involved companies can't negotiate a settlement.   AT&T U-Verse is the only major provider that doesn't have them as part of their lineup.  Surely there is a way, but the problem, apparently, is the will.  If that is true, it's a shame.

16 of 25 (1,092 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 3:32:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

wmtheel wrote:

I think the "will" is likely the issue. AT&T doesn't have a lot of motivation to add low-rated channels that have been gone for 3 years without affecting subscriber rates.

Crown Media doesn't have a lot of motivation to try to get on a relatively small TV provider whose absense has not affected advertising rates.

wmtheel wrote:

I think the "will" is likely the issue. AT&T doesn't have a lot of motivation to add low-rated channels that have been gone for 3 years without affecting subscriber rates.

Crown Media doesn't have a lot of motivation to try to get on a relatively small TV provider whose absense has not affected advertising rates.

17 of 25 (1,024 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 3:46:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

MicCheck wrote:

wmtheel wrote:

Correct what motivation do they have to pay a higher price for a lowerer tiered network that isn't effecting their customer base.  AT&T is gaining customers every quarter so having Hallmark/HMC is not effecting them one bit.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

MicCheck wrote:

wmtheel wrote:

Correct what motivation do they have to pay a higher price for a lowerer tiered network that isn't effecting their customer base.  AT&T is gaining customers every quarter so having Hallmark/HMC is not effecting them one bit.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

18 of 25 (1,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 10:13:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Does someone have a list of monthly cable channel viewership rates?  I have Googled it and googled and I see by show but not much Network by Network.

I would love to see Hallmark and HMC back (For my wife) and Al Jazeera.  I would also like DTV subchannels, too.

Does someone have a list of monthly cable channel viewership rates?  I have Googled it and googled and I see by show but not much Network by Network.

I would love to see Hallmark and HMC back (For my wife) and Al Jazeera.  I would also like DTV subchannels, too.

19 of 25 (961 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 1:02:07 PM
(0)
Scholar

dhascall,

I don't know if you feel this way, or not, but when I post, hoping for the return of the Hallmark, it reminds me of the question, "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"  Sometimes, I feel like a tree in the forest.  Nobody, who really knows the real facts, can hear me!  Smiley Frustrated

dhascall,

I don't know if you feel this way, or not, but when I post, hoping for the return of the Hallmark, it reminds me of the question, "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"  Sometimes, I feel like a tree in the forest.  Nobody, who really knows the real facts, can hear me!  Smiley Frustrated

20 of 25 (924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 7:43:27 AM
(0)
Tutor
I'd like to get NHL Network... had it with DISH Network, where I live now I can't have a dish or I'd be with them. ESPN Classic should be available in HD. As should BBC America. Way more than half the channels I'm subscribed to have been "hidden" under my channel options... I could list 100's of channels I'd give up to get just those 3 (or 4 if you count NHL Network as SD and HD). It seems every week there are more channels I'm not interested in being added. It would be nice to see a channel added that I'd watch for a change. I'm sure I'm paying for all this drivel I don't want (or will when next price hike happens).

I'd like to get NHL Network... had it with DISH Network, where I live now I can't have a dish or I'd be with them. ESPN Classic should be available in HD. As should BBC America. Way more than half the channels I'm subscribed to have been "hidden" under my channel options... I could list 100's of channels I'd give up to get just those 3 (or 4 if you count NHL Network as SD and HD). It seems every week there are more channels I'm not interested in being added. It would be nice to see a channel added that I'd watch for a change. I'm sure I'm paying for all this drivel I don't want (or will when next price hike happens).

21 of 25 (727 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 7:48:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

RedJeff53 wrote:

ESPN does not offer ESPN Clasic in HD.  There is nothing that U-verse or any other provider can do about that.

Since we all receive 100's of channels in our subcription package, we all pay for channels that we don't want.  The channels that you want will be channels that someone else doesn't want.  That's just the way things are.

RedJeff53 wrote:

ESPN does not offer ESPN Clasic in HD.  There is nothing that U-verse or any other provider can do about that.

Since we all receive 100's of channels in our subcription package, we all pay for channels that we don't want.  The channels that you want will be channels that someone else doesn't want.  That's just the way things are.

22 of 25 (722 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 8:21:26 PM
(0)
Scholar

texasguy37 wrote:

U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, has expressed interest in introducing legislation that would allow cable/satellite subscribers to subscribe to programming a la carte.  Don't know what the status of that is.

texasguy37 wrote:

U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, has expressed interest in introducing legislation that would allow cable/satellite subscribers to subscribe to programming a la carte.  Don't know what the status of that is.

iPhone 5S Verizon Wireless

23 of 25 (633 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 8:00:56 AM
(0)
Voyager

NHL Network

NHL Network

24 of 25 (577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 9:07:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I would like the moderators to close down this thread. My original purpose was for forum members to add to my list that started the thread, not to express your personal wants if that channel had already been mentioned. I wanted to hear additional channels that I had not thought of.

If you want to make a request for a channel, do it here:    http://uversechannels.att.com/

I would like the moderators to close down this thread. My original purpose was for forum members to add to my list that started the thread, not to express your personal wants if that channel had already been mentioned. I wanted to hear additional channels that I had not thought of.

If you want to make a request for a channel, do it here:    http://uversechannels.att.com/

25 of 25 (555 Views)