Weekly Off-Topic Thread #249

Highlighted
Employee

Weekly Off-Topic Thread #249

It is wonderful Friday again. The weekend has offically start. Going to work today is just to get you to enjoy tomorrow  and Sunday more.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 15 (1,703 Views)

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #249


Escapee wrote:

It is wonderful Friday again. The weekend has offically start. Going to work today is just to get you to enjoy tomorrow  and Sunday more.



Yup, and going to work on Monday is just to make sure you don't enjoy it too much (or pay for it if you do).Smiley Very Happy

 

 




__________________________________________________________
How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to become a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

                              

Message 2 of 15 (1,661 Views)
Expert

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #249

Have a GREAT weekend everybody.Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 15 (1,619 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #249

Really a beautiful day here except, of course, we are still deep into a full fledged drought.  But, for the moment, the heat has retreated.  Hopefully, even if it returns it will be less intense than what we had in July and the first week and a half of August.

 

76 years ago tomorrow I was rudely pushed out of my comfy place of repose into a world that was just as hot as we've been experiencing these past couple of months.  For the most part my time here has been good....except for quite a few really bad periods.....WW II, Korea, Vietnam, the mideast conflicts, the premature loss of my beloved pop & mom.  On the positive side....there's been a 56 year marriage to a beautiful, wonderful lady who puts up with me and, over time, presented me with three fine sons. (that got out of control - - -they went from 3 to 16 terribly fast).  I did not expect to make it this long because of a less than happy family health history.  But God blessed me and I'm still here....along with that same great gal.  It's been a full life.  Wonder what's yet to come.

 

These last 4+ years I've been fortunate to be able to enjoy the company of all the great folks on this forum.....and I've learned so much from you all.  For me....learning new things is the food of life.  So thank you all for all your help.  Guess I'll stick around for a while longer, if allowed.   God bless.

 

Phil

 

The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other peoples' money. .......Margaret Thatcher
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 15 (1,614 Views)

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #249


hpmsrm wrote:

Really a beautiful day here except, of course, we are still deep into a full fledged drought.  But, for the moment, the heat has retreated.  Hopefully, even if it returns it will be less intense than what we had in July and the first week and a half of August.

 

76 years ago tomorrow I was rudely pushed out of my comfy place of repose into a world that was just as hot as we've been experiencing these past couple of months.  For the most part my time here has been good....except for quite a few really bad periods.....WW II, Korea, Vietnam, the mideast conflicts, the premature loss of my beloved pop & mom.  On the positive side....there's been a 56 year marriage to a beautiful, wonderful lady who puts up with me and, over time, presented me with three fine sons. (that got out of control - - -they went from 3 to 16 terribly fast).  I did not expect to make it this long because of a less than happy family health history.  But God blessed me and I'm still here....along with that same great gal.  It's been a full life.  Wonder what's yet to come.

 

These last 4+ years I've been fortunate to be able to enjoy the company of all the great folks on this forum.....and I've learned so much from you all.  For me....learning new things is the food of life.  So thank you all for all your help.  Guess I'll stick around for a while longer, if allowed.   God bless.

 

Phil

 



Well, happy dang birthday Phil. Here's to many more.

 

It's been a little over 51 for me.

Spoiler
and my mom has still not forgiven me. Smiley LOL

 




__________________________________________________________
How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to become a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

                              

Message 5 of 15 (1,611 Views)
Expert

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #249

Happy Birthday, Phil!
Message 6 of 15 (1,609 Views)

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #249

Happy Birthday Phil.

 

Got 90% of everything moved yesterday and finally spent the night in our new house.  Now comes the fun part, unpacking.  Wife and I have stuff that hasn't been unpacked in several years due to lack of space in the apartments we have lived in.  Don't have that problem now.

 

Got my UVerse installed yesterday. Had the 11-2 time slot and the installer showed up around 12:30.  I have an iNid installation, but I still have the 4/3 profile.  Installer didn't realize that it meant you could have 7 streams going at once.  Did not realize that you cannot have wireless recievers with the iNid, but they are working on that.  He also stated that they are working on upping the band width profiles and going to be offering a 50Mbps internet speed before the end of the year. 

Got a new phone number (unlisted/unpublished) and before the installer had finished packing up his truck, got our first robocall.  Could not believe it. 

 

Installer was very professional and added two extra drops in our house since we could not have wireless recievers, I did pay for an RF remote since the STB/DVR in the living rooms is behind a cabinet door and the IR remote wouldn't change the channels.  To keep the door open was not an option so I'll gladly pay for the remote and I can now change the channel from just about everywhere in the house. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 7 of 15 (1,592 Views)

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #249


oufanindallas wrote:

Happy Birthday Phil.

 

Got 90% of everything moved yesterday and finally spent the night in our new house.  Now comes the fun part, unpacking.  Wife and I have stuff that hasn't been unpacked in several years due to lack of space in the apartments we have lived in.  Don't have that problem now.

 

Got my UVerse installed yesterday. Had the 11-2 time slot and the installer showed up around 12:30.  I have an iNid installation, but I still have the 4/3 profile.  Installer didn't realize that it meant you could have 7 streams going at once.  Did not realize that you cannot have wireless recievers with the iNid, but they are working on that.  He also stated that they are working on upping the band width profiles and going to be offering a 50Mbps internet speed before the end of the year. 

Got a new phone number (unlisted/unpublished) and before the installer had finished packing up his truck, got our first robocall.  Could not believe it. 

 

Installer was very professional and added two extra drops in our house since we could not have wireless recievers, I did pay for an RF remote since the STB/DVR in the living rooms is behind a cabinet door and the IR remote wouldn't change the channels.  To keep the door open was not an option so I'll gladly pay for the remote and I can now change the channel from just about everywhere in the house. 



Just think, you can finally have that box burning party.

 

 

Wow, 50Mbps. Can't imagine how much they're gonna charge for that, considering they try to get away with over $40 for 6Mbps DSL all the time, and I keep coming across clients that are being charged $30 for Basic and Express.

 

 

 




__________________________________________________________
How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to become a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

                              

Message 8 of 15 (1,588 Views)
Employee

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #249

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Phil.   Only 24 more years to 100.   Thanks for all you add to this place.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 15 (1,579 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #249


Escapee wrote:

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Phil.   Only 24 more years to 100.   Thanks for all you add to this place.


Thanks all for the good wishes.  SKP...my cardiologist said he would try to get me to 90 but couldn't guarantee anything behond that.  Well...just so I don't get to that place where all I can do all day is sit around in my wheelchair and drool.

 

OUFID, congratulations on your new home.  I wish for you many happy years of living in it.  Now you can crank up the stereo system and let the walls and

floors vibrate.

The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other peoples' money. .......Margaret Thatcher
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 15 (1,570 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #249

Phil......Happy BD!!  My Dad will be turning 79 on the 24th of this month.  Still as wild and crazy as ever, but doesn't go at it quite as fast as before.  Still enjoys his once a week poker nights with the fellows.  Bunch of guys get together, swap lies, drink a few beers, and play poker.Smiley Very Happy  Long as he is enjoying himself and my mom doesn't care more power to him!! 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 15 (1,563 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #249

Happy late birthday, Phil!

 

Went to the Indiana State Fair, on Saturday.  My granddaughter looked for the chocalte covered bacon but never found it, lol. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 12 of 15 (1,527 Views)

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #249

Finally got my new 60" Plasma mounted on the wall.  Looks great.  Didn't bother getting a "smart" tv as wife and I have read too many reviews saying that they really aren't worth the extra money.  Instead I got the new Roku 2 XS.  Got it all set up and connected to my network, now I can stream Netflix and Hulu + on my big screen.  So far Roku is pretty awesome. Box is only about 4" square by 1 1/2" tall.  Pretty cool and very easy to setup.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 13 of 15 (1,512 Views)
Master

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #249

Happy belated Birthday Phil and many more to come. Smiley Happy

 

Glad you're getting set up in your new house OUfan. You're about like me and first things first. Whenever we have an extended power outage the 1st thing I connect to my generator is the surge suppressor which powers the RG, my 60" Sony and my computer. LOL.

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 14 of 15 (1,508 Views)
Master

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #249

Happy Birthday Phil.

Message 15 of 15 (1,491 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.